No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same here. I understand how they feel and i sympathize. And i'm certainly not gonna go running into threads crowing about how great it is.

but for the first time in quite a while, i'm looking forward to atlantis

brad adn rob may consider s8 and 10 to be the 'icing on the cake' and a bonus, but i consider the 14 eps that amanda will be in to be a lovely dessert and a chance to see the character away from the baggage that is sg1
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Well I don't have access to the Noodle of Doom, I can however offer you this
      done of course with Samandan luv

your Royal Fertilizer Agitator is always willing to help

I'm feeling MUCH better now.
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        it's sweet that she'll be in the credits....but let's just leave folks alone.

remember how we felt when it was 'we don't know what to do with sam'???

that's how the weir fans are feeling right now. Leave them alone and let them grieve. Think how we would feel if we'd have gotten casting info for s11 and it said that sam was leaving teh show so that vala could have it all to herself.

you mean season 9?

(only ep i actually liked was 'the scourge')

but i know what you mean. i'm still sensitive to vala (and a bit mitchell) even being on the show, and we're talking about two years into the *new* show. but yeah, weir fans have to be feeling very unloved right now... and i can't blame them.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
          Here's a bit of news from JM's blog :

Peter writes: “Come Season 4, will Amanda Tapping be seen in the Opening Credits?”

Answer: Yup.
          Wow... That makes me happy. But I'm also gonna be sad if
          Spoiler:
          Weir's not in the main credits. Did we ever find out what will happen to her? All I know is she is apparently injured. She's not going to disappear like Ford or die like Carson, is she!?

I feel so caught in the middle with all this. I love both women and both shows and I'm really excited, but I don't want Weir to be shoved aside because of Sam. I want what happened to have happened anyway, not be written around wanting Sam on SGA. I want it to be a coincidence that AT came aboard when TH got less screentime...

Comment

This is a little OT, but I just found out what it means when you get greened. I've been greened!

Guess I should look around at the features on here more often.

I'm feelin' the lurve.
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
            Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              Captionary time...

Sam: "Teal'c, I don't think you're supposed to wear the 'Depends' up that high"
              With the Ori war over, Teal'c decided to put to good use his many years of boxing in the SGC gym. He knew exactly who to choose for his manager.

Comment

you are sooo lucky. carmen is a DOLL. a complete and total doll. He is precious. and such a charming man. i just love him. and y ou know that gruff gentleness he plays on the show??? that's not an act. he's a very nice guy. when i interviewed him we talked for almost an hour.

you could ask him about the other shows he's been on. I know he's done csi and west wing and a few others
                Thanks Sky...now I'm more excited about meeting him...I would love to be able to chat to him for an hour...but I really wouldn't know what to say...thanks for the suggestion to ask about his other projects...we'll be having dinner together along with Don S Davis...I'm absolutely delighted at the prospect of meeting them both...I only wish Amanda could be there too!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Here's a bit of news from JM's blog :

Peter writes: “Come Season 4, will Amanda Tapping be seen in the Opening Credits?”

Answer: Yup.
                  WooHoo!!!

How soon to S4???????
                  Well for us simple folk here in Aus we'll have to wait til 2008 to see season 4...arghhh!
                  hey look, fic recs

http://sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/17/forfeit.php

this one is a character death, so stuck up on the kleenexes

http://nandamai.net/fic/?p=107

cute fic, shippy tone though, so those that don't like sam/jack might want to give it a pass

the CD one also mentions sam/jack, but it's posthumously
                  Oh thank you merciful one...I have been looking for some good fics to read...I just can't seem to get enough lately...I'd rather read than watch the idiot box!!
                  Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                  Well, I'm not gonna speak for anyone else nor apologise for what I think either. If other people are upset then that's their concern, not mine. But don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna get in their face about it or anything.
                  Awww...gee AD..how sweet...so there is a good guy in there after all!! (just kidding)
                  Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                  This is a little OT, but I just found out what it means when you get greened. I've been greened!

Guess I should look around at the features on here more often.

I'm feelin' the lurve.
                  Hehehe...well I sent you some more lurve...greened ya!!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

same here. I understand how they feel and i sympathize. And i'm certainly not gonna go running into threads crowing about how great it is.

but for the first time in quite a while, i'm looking forward to atlantis

brad adn rob may consider s8 and 10 to be the 'icing on the cake' and a bonus, but i consider the 14 eps that amanda will be in to be a lovely dessert and a chance to see the character away from the baggage that is sg1
                    Yeah, this is the desert! Blue jello desert is always good! I'm thrilled that she will be in the credits, but I'm also one of those Tori fans. I wish we weren't losing anyone, but we are getting the best.

Just think 2 movies, 14 episodes of SGA, and hopefully 40 web episodes of Sanctuary! Wow, that is a lot of Amanda! Remember when the cancellation news came out and we were afraid she'd opt for the stage or a break. This is awesome!

Comment

Good night Samandans...take care, be safe and stay happy...and hug those loved ones!!

(((Samandans)))
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                        I'm not sure I can "make" the geek of mininess perform to my will in any capacity - if I could I'd try for something like singing Chitty Chitty Bang Bang while dressed in a strategically entwined crimson feather boa and dancing on the bar in the hotel lobby, or something equally blackmailable
                        Sorry. Bad choice of words. I never really saw you making demands... I just meant, since you're coming all this way, I hope you get a chance to be a "tourist."

But the blackmailable stuff sounds intriguing.

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                        Wow... That makes me happy. But I'm also gonna be sad if
                        Spoiler:
                        Weir's not in the main credits. Did we ever find out what will happen to her? All I know is she is apparently injured. She's not going to disappear like Ford or die like Carson, is she!?

I feel so caught in the middle with all this. I love both women and both shows and I'm really excited, but I don't want Weir to be shoved aside because of Sam. I want what happened to have happened anyway, not be written around wanting Sam on SGA. I want it to be a coincidence that AT came aboard when TH got less screentime...
                        I agree. I'll definitely be bummed, too.

Spoiler:
                        I'm sure everything will be much clearer over the next several months, but I just don't see a good justification for booting her completely. That's why I'm hoping a lot of our issues are simple fan conjecture, with little basis of fact, and that she'll be in more than four episodes. Or, at least, have something important to do.

The interesting thing about this is, there are a lot of "Samandans" who actually like Weir, and don't want to see her go. We're not so blinded by our fangurlish/fanboish tendencies that we can't identify when something isn't exactly kosher. I'm not a fan of Weir leaving, and I can totally understand the irritation of Weir fans. I just hope they channel that energy and rage at the people in charge of making that decision...
                        Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 22 February 2007, 11:18 PM.

Comment

it's sweet that she'll be in the credits....but let's just leave folks alone.

remember how we felt when it was 'we don't know what to do with sam'???

that's how the weir fans are feeling right now. Leave them alone and let them grieve. Think how we would feel if we'd have gotten casting info for s11 and it said that sam was leaving teh show so that vala could have it all to herself.
                          Yeah, but since the casting for SGA season 4 doesn't say "Weir is leaving the show so that Sam can have it all to herself" - anyone reacting as though it does isn't going to get any sympathy from me.

Weir is/was my favourite character on SGA.

Unless it's a protected thread and OT, I'll say it sucks that Weir's leaving and that it's great that Sam's arriving if I feel like it. I'm not prepared to apologise for either.
                          scarimor

Comment

I'm so sad Weir is leaving but I'm also psyched about Sam coming in and she's gonna be in the main credits YAY.

I don't see the two as connected so I, like scarimor, am not going to appologise for either of my views. I love Weir, and I'm so sorry she's leaving but Sam going to Atlantis makes me feel a little happier. Although, I don't intend to go galavanting through other threads and shoving my excitement in other peoples faces because that's not fair and Sky is right, people are grieving and they need time.

I can't wait for S4 and I really wish that I could say that I can't wait for S11 but, nah, that ain't gonna happen so all my excitement is now aimed at Atlantis! The lucky devils.
                            AND they get Sam!

Wendy
                            Hugs
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                              Thanks Sky...now I'm more excited about meeting him...I would love to be able to chat to him for an hour...but I really wouldn't know what to say...thanks for the suggestion to ask about his other projects...we'll be having dinner together along with Don S Davis...I'm absolutely delighted at the prospect of meeting them both...I only wish Amanda could be there too!!
                              you get dinner with him AND don????

oh prepare to laugh. Don is an unapologetic flirt, i swear the man could charm a nun out of her habit

they're both nice men and you'll have a wonderful time

and dont' let them intimidate you. I say this with all respect, they are just two men, carmen has two/three (?) teenaged children adn balances school functions with his job - when i interviewed him, we had to do it in two segmetns cause he had to go to his son's basketball game - who just happen to have really cool jobs.

I know it's easier said than done, but don't sweat teh egos, just have a chance to chat with two really cool guys
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

you get dinner with him AND don????

oh prepare to laugh. Don is an unapologetic flirt, i swear the man could charm a nun out of her habit

they're both nice men and you'll have a wonderful time

and dont' let them intimidate you. I say this with all respect, they are just two men, carmen has two/three (?) teenaged children adn balances school functions with his job - when i interviewed him, we had to do it in two segmetns cause he had to go to his son's basketball game - who just happen to have really cool jobs.

I know it's easier said than done, but don't sweat teh egos, just have a chance to chat with two really cool guys
                                I second that. Carmen is a sweetheart and he gives really nice hugs too.
                                Strangely, I didn't have an issue hugging him at all.

*...but we won't mention that to the spouse*

Spoiler:
                                Who will finally be back home from yet another business trip to NY today!! Yeah!

AND... it looks as if next week will be the first full week home in nearly two months! Woo-Hoo!!

So how do I plan to celebrate?!?!

I'm going to Toronto next Friday to hang with some Gateworld buddies and to see Amanda!

Ya gotta have priorities I tell ya.

Muhahaha.

I don't feel bad for him though because he's got a date with a cute little blonde.
                                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 23 February 2007, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X