Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post

Usually, physical trauma is intense and in-the-moment and, when it passes, your mind somehow makes it pass too (IMHO) ... kind of a psychological bandage. What I'm trying to say is that it seems easier to portray emotional pain by drawing on personal experience, but I think much harder to portray physical pain. I just am so impressed by her conveying such realism.

I still say, Canada's hidden treasure. She is such a fine actress.
    i'm thinking amanda's tapping into (hey, that sounds funny ) her labor pain memories. i mean, it's got to hurt pushing another human being out of your ----, ya know?

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post

btw, have I mentioned how much I think Sam and Amanda ROCK the CASBAH?!

that's lock the cashbox. no, that's stop the catbox.

(please excuse the american tv commercial joke, for you peeps across the pond)

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post
        Thought you guys might like to see this snippet that I've just posted... Beware SPOILERS for ROAD NOT TAKEN

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....3&postcount=17

Those who like spoilers... Enjoy
        Sounds very interesting.
        Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        One of the things I loved about LITS was

Spoiler:

The little nod to Cassie and Jack. Again, it's that special little thing about not forgetting their history. I just adored the Cam/Sam friendship in this episode.
        Spoiler:
        Yes! I actually kinda liked Cam. Now I haven't seen the whole ep, just the Sam parts. Yes, I skipped through just to see them. Now I have to watch them again. AT had me crying, she did such an awesome job!!

Originally posted by Kas View Post
        I've now posted Amanda's own comments on THE ROAD NOT TAKEN from her interview in TVZONE 74 -

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=19
        Spoiler:
        Hammond! But McKay. I bet it's that AU Sam was married to Rodney, but that our Sam won't have any of that. Hammond!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          i'm thinking amanda's tapping into (hey, that sounds funny ) her labor pain memories. i mean, it's got to hurt pushing another human being out of your ----, ya know?

sally
          Uh...yeah. Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post

Spoiler:
            Hammond! But McKay. I bet it's that AU Sam was married to Rodney, but that our Sam won't have any of that. Hammond!
            Eek! I hope not!

Spoiler:
            Though I initially thought that when we first heard about his involvement in this episode. It'll be interesting to see if McKay is either a bona fide crony, or if he's secretly trying to do the right thing. And of course it'd be neat if they did something unique with their little love-hate relationship that doesn't suggest that Sam *wants* him like that.

Comment

Line In The Sand

Finally an episode worthy of rewatching!! (and from me that's saying a lot). Good solid performance from everyone, including the guest actors. This was one of the episodes I was really worried about because of AM & PdL as this particular combination of writer and director has delivered some real stinkers in my opinion but this time out - kudos to both! I even liked Mitchell in this

and

Amanda ROCKED !!
              -

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                Wow, after Amanda's performance yesterday this should thread should not be on page 2!

LitS
                Spoiler:
                It is really ashame that there won't be a season 11. I think the new team is finally really coming together. From what I've read, the Sam and Cam scenes were excellent. Obviously, the S/J shipper in me is having palpatations after the fishing password and Do'uh comment. Everyone is talking about how well Amanda played injured Sam, and I can't wait to see it for myself.
                I think lots of us were rewinding.. watching.. rewinding.. watching. I can't remember if it's ever taken me three hours to watch an episode before...

THANK YOU!!

Spoiler:
                oh, man, do i want to see this ep! this is what i've been waiting for for 2 seasons! a sam story and sam whump, all in one!

but i'll tell you... when i saw the caps of sam in pain... it kind of made me want to turn away. amanda is soooo dang convincing in scenes like this that it makes me uncomfortable. (rda does this to me too)
                I found those parts extremely difficult to watch.

Oddly, that's what I personally was reminded of while watching some of those bits. But that's also my definition of amazingly intense excruciating I'm-going-to-die pain. But, yeah, maybe its hers too.

Comment

that's lock the cashbox. no, that's stop the catbox.

(please excuse the american tv commercial joke, for you peeps across the pond)

sally
                  Too obscure for this American peep, but you're right, Amanda rocks. (And I haven't even seen the episodes in question yet.)
                  sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                  May we all be so well loved.

Comment

AmberMoon is too chicken to delurk and post this so I thought I'd share it
                    all with you instead. She'll probably kick me for this, but I thought it was lovely.

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                      all with you instead. She'll probably kick me for this, but I thought it was lovely.

Amanda
                      Amber! Oh my gawd, girl, that's fantastic!

C'mon delurk and take your praise like a lady!

Hugs,
                      geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Amanda
                        *insert standing O here*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Amanda
                          Amber! Nice work! You must delurk, madame!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                            Amber! Nice work! You must delurk, madame!
                            And where is my phone call, dammit! We haven't had phone sex in weeks!!

(did I say that out loud? oops....)

Heh, Amber's gonna kill me... bwa ha ha...

mini(the maniacal)geek

I was just kidding about the phone sex thing. You all know that right?

Poor Amber.

-
                            Last edited by minigeek; 17 January 2007, 05:37 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Amanda

That's so lovely. Great work AmberMoon. Thank you ForeverSg1 for posting that in her stead.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                                mini(the maniacal)geek

I was just kidding about the phone sex thing. You all know that right?

Poor Amber.

-
                                mini that is down right scary!
                                Last edited by Mandysg1; 17 January 2007, 06:09 PM.
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X