Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(((Samanda)))

I wasn't planning on being back on tonight, and this is going to be on the OT order.

I need advice and this was the only place at the moment I could turn to. (sorry if this seems like a-typical college drama) I'm living with two other girls in my apartment on campus who have known each other since middle school, and one of them has a boyfriend that was in their same group of friends. He goes to a different school and comes and visits her often.

They're having a really big fight right now because the one without the boyfriend admitted that she feels kind of awkward when he comes because they're so into each other when he's here, and him being here makes her miss friends from their high school and the one with the boyfriend thinks that means she doesn't want him to come anymore and I can hear she's really upset. I shut myself in my room, and I really have no idea what I should do. Should I go out there and try to mediate the situation or stay in here and let them talk it out?

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
    My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
    My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
    My Stargate Videos
    It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
      Can you give us a hint? I wasn't very good with the trivia so guessing the quotes should be interesting.
      it's from a later season and had a plot similar to a movie a couple years ago. (at least the main idea of how to fix the problem was the same.)
      Last edited by LtColonelSamC; 18 November 2006, 10:24 PM.

My Stargate Videos
      It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC View Post
        Yay! Ok...I just watched this particular episode so it's in my mind, and here's my quote.

"I'll bet you do."
        it's from a later season and had a plot similar to a movie a couple years ago. (at least the main idea of how to fix the problem was the same.)

Uhhhhh... I'm going to guess Fallout. I can hear her saying it ... but JAck has carried Sam twice and I didn't remember it!!

Well I'm afraid this old tired mind has to go to bed. I'm supposed to get up in a few hours. G'night all!

I sent you a PM. Good luck with your roomies!

Comment

Kat, I used your HappyAmanda pic you posted earlier over on the celeeb voting site (it's just associated with my name and is not shown unless someone clicks on my name). Let me know if you prefer I don't use it, but is such a fun pic.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
            Uhhhhh... I'm going to guess Fallout. I can hear her saying it ... but JAck has carried Sam twice and I didn't remember it!!

Well I'm afraid this old tired mind has to go to bed. I'm supposed to get up in a few hours. G'night all!

I sent you a PM. Good luck with your roomies!
            yep, that's right! you can go ahead and post your quote and have fun!

My Stargate Videos
            It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
              Ok, being serious.

On Friday night, several of us were lucky enough to be able to attend the cocktail party and amazingly enough Chopin Gal, Shimmering Star, Dips and I got to sit next to Amanda during the cocktail party at different tables. All of us were given a lovely charm and mine was a little charm that said ‘Mom’. So when Amanda came around to our table she asked to see my charm and then said ‘Oh you’re a mum?’ and I showed her pictures of Kallesta and we chatted a bit about her and then to my amazement she asked one of the G4 to bring her baby book and she started showing me photos of her daughter. I know most of us have seen photos of her at the MGM party, but she really is a beautiful little girl. I was really touched that she was so open with us. We passed the photo book around as Amanda spoke with us and then afterwards she put the book away and went on to the next tables. I wish I could express how much I adore this woman. She’s so sweet.

I know you are all waiting for us to post, but sadly we really are having a hard time getting internet access and time to post. Sorry about all the teasing, but you can blame Tsaxlady. It’s all her fault!! She made us do it.

I promise I’ll try to post some more pictures and comments as soon as I can, but I still haven’t had a chance to really look through all the photos I took today and sadly my memory is shot due to the lack of sleep.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...T2/AMANDA2.jpg

Things Amanda did touch on briefly…

She does have a project in the works. She still couldn’t go into too much detail, but if all goes well she will be an executive producer as well as starring in it. She also said that she will be doing a few episodes of Atlantis next year; however, she didn’t say how many only stating that it wouldn’t be a full time part.

She also mentioned that she hasn’t heard anything about a season 11, but that she had been contacted about two movies (though she wasn’t sure if they would be made for television or straight to dvd).

There really wasn’t very many questions about the show itself or season 10 as the UK hasn’t seen the 200th episode yet. So we didn’t really touch on that much. There were a lot questions like if she could be in a movie with Johnny Depp what movie would it be and who would she play? She said she would have liked to play in the movie Chocolate. Duh! She mentioned that her new crush is Owen Wilson to the amazement of many people. But hey, she’s allowed to like who she wants.

She mentioned that she’s going to get to meet her idol Dawn French while she is in London and she was really giddy discussing it. It’s funny how she acts just like the rest of us when she talks about her idols, but she seems so amazed that so many of us feel exactly the same way about her.

A fan asked her if she planned on seeing any plays or musicals while she was in town and she mentioned that she was going to go see Billy Elliot and would really like to see Spamalot, but she didn’t thinks he’d have the time.

Though it’s not yet official, we managed to raise more than L10,000 for Amanda’s charity Hearing Dogs for the Deaf at tonight’s auction and two of Gateworld’s own won tickets to have tea with Amanda tomorrow afternoon.

Overall, it was a thrilling and extremely emotional day and I can’t wait to see what they have in store for us tomorrow.

I promise I’ll try to post some more details and pictures tomorrow.
              Kat
              Thank you soo much Kat for that report and the pic...wow...I'm so glad you are all having a fabulous time!!
              http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c123/ForeverSG1/AT2/DOG.jpg
              One of the puppies at the Hearing Dog Auction
              http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../AmandaHat.jpg
              Amanda wearing her RDA hat backwards
              http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...Guinness1b.jpg
              Amanda showing us how she was in the Guiness Book of World Records
              http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../Guiness2b.jpg
              Twice!
              WooHoo...brilliant pics...thanks again!!
              And again...thanks Kat!
              Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              amanda looks just absolutely stunning!... nothing fake or plastic... just a real person, WHO JUST HAPPENS TO BE GORGEOUS!!!
              sally
              Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              I second that! Just had to check in one more time before bed and how great to find these photos and (first of more? ) reports. Glad you are all having a great time, Gabiters.
              I'll third that...hope you're all having fun!!
              (((Samanda)))
              I wasn't planning on being back on tonight, and this is going to be on the OT order.
              I need advice and this was the only place at the moment I could turn to. (sorry if this seems like a-typical college drama) I'm living with two other girls in my apartment on campus who have known each other since middle school, and one of them has a boyfriend that was in their same group of friends. He goes to a different school and comes and visits her often.
              They're having a really big fight right now because the one without the boyfriend admitted that she feels kind of awkward when he comes because they're so into each other when he's here, and him being here makes her miss friends from their high school and the one with the boyfriend thinks that means she doesn't want him to come anymore and I can hear she's really upset. I shut myself in my room, and I really have no idea what I should do. Should I go out there and try to mediate the situation or stay in here and let them talk it out?
              Oh wow...that's kinda tuff...I think I would let them try to talk it out first and see how that goes...I think that the girl with the boyfriend needs to know how you two feel about the whole situation though...good luck Amanda!
              yep, that's right! you can go ahead and post your quote and have fun!
              I think she's gone to bed...why don't you give it another go Amanda!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                Thank you soo much Kat for that report and the pic...wow...I'm so glad you are all having a fabulous time!!

WooHoo...brilliant pics...thanks again!!

And again...thanks Kat!

I'll third that...hope you're all having fun!!

Oh wow...that's kinda tuff...I think I would let them try to talk it out first and see how that goes...I think that the girl with the boyfriend needs to know how you two feel about the whole situation though...good luck Amanda!

I think she's gone to bed...why don't you give it another go Amanda!
                For all y'all when you wake up...

"How did you know you could trust me?"

thanks for all the advice...you guys are so great. It's great to know that you guys are here i salute you all.

Anyone else catch the Leonid meteror shower? It was awesome...(that's why I'm still awake, but once I type this, I'm going to bed. )

Good night Samanda!! Can't wait to hear all the exciting AT2 stuff going on today!

My Stargate Videos
                It's meant to be!

Comment

yesterday night I couldn't get into the forum anymore and then I went to bed and AGAIN I wasn't here, when the important things are going on...however...
                  Ok, being serious.

On Friday night, several of us were lucky enough to be able to attend the cocktail party and amazingly enough Chopin Gal, Shimmering Star, Dips and I got to sit next to Amanda during the cocktail party at different tables. All of us were given a lovely charm and mine was a little charm that said ‘Mom’. So when Amanda came around to our table she asked to see my charm and then said ‘Oh you’re a mum?’ and I showed her pictures of Kallesta and we chatted a bit about her and then to my amazement she asked one of the G4 to bring her baby book and she started showing me photos of her daughter. I know most of us have seen photos of her at the MGM party, but she really is a beautiful little girl. I was really touched that she was so open with us. We passed the photo book around as Amanda spoke with us and then afterwards she put the book away and went on to the next tables. I wish I could express how much I adore this woman. She’s so sweet.

I know you are all waiting for us to post, but sadly we really are having a hard time getting internet access and time to post. Sorry about all the teasing, but you can blame Tsaxlady. It’s all her fault!! She made us do it.

I promise I’ll try to post some more pictures and comments as soon as I can, but I still haven’t had a chance to really look through all the photos I took today and sadly my memory is shot due to the lack of sleep.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...T2/AMANDA2.jpg

Things Amanda did touch on briefly…

She does have a project in the works. She still couldn’t go into too much detail, but if all goes well she will be an executive producer as well as starring in it. She also said that she will be doing a few episodes of Atlantis next year; however, she didn’t say how many only stating that it wouldn’t be a full time part.

She also mentioned that she hasn’t heard anything about a season 11, but that she had been contacted about two movies (though she wasn’t sure if they would be made for television or straight to dvd).

There really wasn’t very many questions about the show itself or season 10 as the UK hasn’t seen the 200th episode yet. So we didn’t really touch on that much. There were a lot questions like if she could be in a movie with Johnny Depp what movie would it be and who would she play? She said she would have liked to play in the movie Chocolate. Duh! She mentioned that her new crush is Owen Wilson to the amazement of many people. But hey, she’s allowed to like who she wants.

She mentioned that she’s going to get to meet her idol Dawn French while she is in London and she was really giddy discussing it. It’s funny how she acts just like the rest of us when she talks about her idols, but she seems so amazed that so many of us feel exactly the same way about her.

A fan asked her if she planned on seeing any plays or musicals while she was in town and she mentioned that she was going to go see Billy Elliot and would really like to see Spamalot, but she didn’t thinks he’d have the time.

Though it’s not yet official, we managed to raise more than L10,000 for Amanda’s charity Hearing Dogs for the Deaf at tonight’s auction and two of Gateworld’s own won tickets to have tea with Amanda tomorrow afternoon.

Overall, it was a thrilling and extremely emotional day and I can’t wait to see what they have in store for us tomorrow.

I promise I’ll try to post some more details and pictures tomorrow.
                  Kat
                  Thanks so much to you Kat and everybody else for taking the time and providing us with the latest information!
                  Sounds all good, Amanda is goung to produce and act in her "new project"! WOW, sound great! You guys are having good fun (particularly on teasing us!) and she seems to have a good time too.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...G1/AT2/DOG.jpg
                  One of the puppies at the Hearing Dog Auction

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../AmandaHat.jpg
                  Amanda wearing her RDA hat backwards

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...Guinness1b.jpg
                  Amanda showing us how she was in the Guiness Book of World Records

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../Guiness2b.jpg
                  Twice!
                  Good photos, very well done!

And since this is my 100th post and I finally reached the first milestone, this of cause is a special one - as the topic is (what an honor Kat, eh?) - there have to be some icons. Not many, but 2 of the latest promo and news shots:

Have a nice Sunday everybody, esp. you guys in lovely england!

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Thank you Kat and the others Samandans for the news and the fabulous pictures. I bet you guys are having a blast right now!!! Have fun

thanks for all the advice...you guys are so great. It's great to know that you guys are here i salute you all.

Anyone else catch the Leonid meteror shower? It was awesome...(that's why I'm still awake, but once I type this, I'm going to bed. )

Good night Samanda!! Can't wait to hear all the exciting AT2 stuff going on today!
                    Isn't that from Proving Ground?
                    Oh, and about your problem. Go and try to talk to them. You could be a great help! Maybe a helping shove is all they need!

Originally posted by MickSpeed View Post
                    yesterday night I couldn't get into the forum anymore and then I went to bed and AGAIN I wasn't here, when the important things are going on...however...

Thanks so much to you Kat and everybody else for taking the time and providing us with the latest information!
                    Sounds all good, Amanda is goung to produce and act in her "new project"! WOW, sound great! You guys are having good fun (particularly on teasing us!) and she seems to have a good time too.

And since this is my 100th post and I finally reached the first milestone, this of cause is a special one - as the topic is (what an honor Kat, eh?) - there have to be some icons. Not many, but 2 of the latest promo and news shots:

Congrats on 100 posts!!! And great icons, love the pictures

Comment

I'm awake - not time for bed yet here

That would be Proving Ground
                      -

Comment

Night night Samandans...thank goodness I have 2 days off to catch up on all the posts about GABIT...can't wait for more!!
                        Take care everyone...be safe and stay happy...LTS!!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove View Post
                          Congrats on 100 posts!!! And great icons, love the pictures
                          Thanks Liz!
                          I'll catch up to you soon! Only about 24 time the amount (give me 24 days!)

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth View Post
                            Brilliant post kat.... hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow... all of you who are there
                            Yes. Thanks Kat for the report and the pic.

Wow. Executive producer and star. Excellent. That's wonderful news. And I'm thrilled to hear that we should see her on Atlantis a bit too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MickSpeed View Post

Congrats on 100 posts

and thanx people for the pics of the con and the report i really liked reading it
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                                Yes. Thanks Kat for the report and the pic.

Wow. Executive producer and star. Excellent. That's wonderful news. And I'm thrilled to hear that we should see her on Atlantis a bit too.
                                Ohhhhhhhh... Atlantis means McKay. I love snarky Sam and I'm happy for Amanda because I know how much she loves to act with David!

Comment

Working...
                                X