Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    For best actor? Gotta be Moebius, baby. All the way.
    I'd say "Grace" but than "Sigularity" is a tie in my mind...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      Wow, I was just about to send my second shout out to the lists about the other signature thing for Gabit - now I'm wondering if it'll look like I'm copying Kamil? D'oh Oh well. Then again, maybe it would be easier for folks if they could scan in both greetings at the same time... Actually I think so. Rather than post my note on friday, I think I'll tag it behind Kamil's and maybe people might find it easier to get two scans into their computer at once!
      Well, we know that your idea came first minigeek . And I still say it is a very good idea.
      If I can think up a good enough little message to write, can I PM you with a JPEG or will you only accept them via email? I can't think of any other way to get it to you, that's all.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
        yes it does and I know what you mean because now I am all in despite the fact I have the "other side" of the debate on ignore. Stargate Barbie, Strix, OOOber and RealmofX are all making, and have made, great posts.
        Now that's one helluva way to win an argument.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Oma-ism nudge:

If any one moment in time is merely an entropic state in a reversible equation, can the fish ever truly be in the pond?
          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

I would like to be able to say that Sam has been my favourite character since the first episode I saw, but since that episode was 'The Enemy Within', I can't. Sam wasn't really shown very prominently in that episode and, although I definitely found her character interesting from the start, it was 'Emancipation' that launched her to the position of my favourite character.

Although the team made quite a few mistakes on Simarka, I thought that Sam showed bravery and compassion, and remained very level headed given the circumstances of her abduction. She also demonstrated an impressive ability for hand to hand combat and her restraint in not killing Turghan was admirable, and probably not something I'd have shown under the circumstances.

I don't think that there could have been any doubt that Sam was an asset to the team after 'Emancipation'.

'Singularity' was another great episode for Sam, showing the depths of compassion that the character was capable of, something that Cassandra must have sensed in her, given how quickly she became attached to her. Perhaps some might say that staying with Cassie based on a feeling was foolish, but I think that Sam is to be admired for her refusal not to leave a little girl alone to die. I shudder to think what it might have done to Cassie emotionally if she had been left alone, thinking that she was about to die any second, for however long it took for those above to be sure that she wasn't going to blow up and for someone to go down to her.

I have lost count of the amount of times that Sam's intelligence and grace under pressure have saved Earth - she's even saved the Asgard! - and, although Jack was the one who negotiated the deal that included Earth in the Protected Planets Treaty and definitely deserves praise for that, that deal would never have gone through had Sam not been able to put aside her personal feelings and use Goa'uld technology, something she is not all that comfortable with, to save Cronus' life.

It was a perfect example of Sam's willingness to put the greater good ahead of herself.

It is true that Sam has made mistakes at times, but her successes far outweigh them and I have never had a reason to doubt her intelligence, her courage, her integrity, her commitment to work or, more importantly, her heart.

Through the seasons, I have seen Sam mature from an eager, almost naive captain to a capable and compassionate leader, whose military prowess has evolved along with her scientific expertise.

I firmly believe that she would be an amazing commander for SG-1, but sadly that is not the case. I hope that this situation will be rectified next season, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Samantha Carter is the type of character I wish were real. If the Earth really was at risk from hostile aliens, I for one would sleep a lot better knowing that somebody like Sam was a part of the fight against them.
            Last edited by ReganX; 08 March 2006, 04:18 AM.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Maybe I'm just making an issue out of something that doesn't need to be, but isn't it kinda against the spirit of this thread to come here complaining about another thread and the posters in it? Just because they don't agree with your point of view, doesn't make them dense or idiotic or should make a need to virulently defend your point of view. It's not a 'battle' that needs to be won, or actually can ever be won.

Remember Hic Commatis Regit? That applies to everyone, not just the people that agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                Well, we know that your idea came first minigeek . And I still say it is a very good idea.
                If I can think up a good enough little message to write, can I PM you with a JPEG or will you only accept them via email? I can't think of any other way to get it to you, that's all.
                Deepspace - I'm keeping a spreadsheet so the email with the subject-line will help me keep track of it. If you can email it to [email protected] - it'd be easier to keep track of. If not, of course you can PM me. PM me any time.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                  Hey I have a question. Do any of you remember the episode where Sam display's her sharp shooting skills at JAck's request to impress the local villagers? I seem to remember a moving bag and JAck asked her to shot it to make a point. Does anyone remember which episode this is?
                  I think it was The Warrior.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                    I would like to be able to say that Sam has been my favourite character since the first episode I saw, but since that episode was 'The Enemy Within', I can't. Sam wasn't really shown very prominently in that episode and, although I definitely found her character interesting from the start, it was 'Emancipation' that launched her to the position of my favourite character.

Although the team made quite a few mistakes on Simarka, I thought that Sam showed bravery and compassion, and remained very level headed given the circumstances of her abduction. She also demonstrated an impressive ability for hand to hand combat and her restraint in not killing Turghan was admirable, and probably not something I'd have shown under the circumstances.

I don't think that there could have been any doubt that Sam was an asset to the team after 'Emancipation'.

'Singularity' was another great episode for Sam, showing the depths of compassion that the character was capable of, something that Cassandra must have sensed in her, given how quickly she became attached to her. Perhaps some might say that staying with Cassie based on a feeling was foolish, but I think that Sam is to be admired for her refusal not to leave a little girl alone to die. I shudder to think what it might have done to Cassie emotionally if she had been left alone, thinking that she was about to die any second, for however long it took for those above to be sure that she wasn't going to blow up and for someone to go down to her.

I have lost count of the amount of times that Sam's intelligence and grace under pressure have saved Earth - she's even saved the Asgard! - and, although Jack was the one who negotiated the deal that included Earth in the Protected Planets Treaty and definitely deserves praise for that, that deal would never have gone through had Sam not been able to put aside her personal feelings and use Goa'uld technology, something she is not all that comfortable with, to save Cronus' life.

It was a perfect example of Sam's willingness to put the greater good ahead of herself.

It is true that Sam has made mistakes at times, but her successes far outweigh them and I have never had a reason to doubt her intelligence, her courage, her integrity, her commitment to work or, more importantly, her heart.

Through the seasons, I have seen Sam mature from an eager, almost naive captain to a capable and compassionate leader, whose military prowess has evolved along with her scientific expertise.

I firmly believe that she would be an amazing commander for SG-1, but sadly that is not the case. I hope that this situation will be rectified next season, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Samantha Carter is the type of character I wish were real. If the Earth really was at risk from hostile aliens, I for one would sleep a lot better knowing that somebody like Sam was a part of the fight against them.

Hear hear! Well said. I'd want Sam watching my planet's back too.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                      Hear hear! Well said. I'd want Sam watching my planet's back too.
                      Thanks.

Comment

I'm sorry that this is a day late, but

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                          I'm sorry that this is a day late, but

NC
                          To NearlyCircular and the rest of you wonderful people, thank you for your outpouring of love and support, and for your birthday wishes. My mom is deteriorating, and I'm on my way back to hospital now. However, after reading my PM's, I had to thank you all. You have no idea how much your messages have helped.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I don't know what else to say. This past few weeks has been so very hard for my family and myself, but I believe the end is very near. Knowing that there are people you have never met, praying for you and your loved one, is an amazing feeling.

Hic Comitas Regit
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX

Wow, nicely put and I agree with you whole heartedly
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              Wow, nicely put and I agree with you whole heartedly
                              Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                Maybe I'm just making an issue out of something that doesn't need to be, but isn't it kinda against the spirit of this thread to come here complaining about another thread and the posters in it? Just because they don't agree with your point of view, doesn't make them dense or idiotic or should make a need to virulently defend your point of view. It's not a 'battle' that needs to be won, or actually can ever be won.

Remember Hic Commatis Regit? That applies to everyone, not just the people that agree with you.
                                A good reminder, AD.

Comment

Working...
                                X