Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocdoc
    Me too. I would rather that she be over in Atlantis in a few episodes in most likely more compelling stories interacting with Weir, Sheppard, Caldwell and Mckay rather than being sidelined by characters in SG-1. And hopefully, when she is in SG-1 she is there with substantial things to do. You would think so, given that Daniel will be out of four episodes.
    you know, for someone like me that doesn't watch atlantis, it'll almost be a waste to see her interact with these ppl. i mean, half of the fun/depth of seeing sam and others go through what they go through is to see how their team mates/friends respond to them. when sam got hurt in 'entity', it was moving to see how everyone grieved. if sam got hurt in atlantis, how am *i* supposed to feel anything from/for these ppl when i don't give a crap about these ppl? (kind of what's going on now with mitchell. can't feel his pain when i don't know him or yet 'want' to feel his pain).

from what i've seen from commercials - yes, commercials, weir kind of commands atlantis, mckay is a babbling jerk, the black alien woman dresses like xena, the worm-haired black guy is aggressive, and sheppard is a babe magnet and sleeps around. did i get any of this wrong?

so as much as i 'might' enjoy sam going to atlantis, it's like sam carter guesting on a show i've never seen. it won't be the same.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1

"Just Looking."
      I have to admit, those eyes are mezmerizing. I could almost not pull myself away.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        <<snippety doo da>>
        It's a harsh reality, but we also have to consider that TPTB have egos, and they have pitched and pimped Mitchell to high heaven, so no matter how much sense it does or does not make, they are not easily going to do a collective and abrupt about-face and admit they screwed up an entire season of their show by placing Cam in command. They may continue to give lip service to the co-leadership (wink-wink-nod-nod) arrangement in order to appease Sam fans. But I think the chances of them demoting Mitchell from his leadership role are about as likely as the earth being demolished by a giant flying interstellar cupcake. They will kill/maim/Tokra-fy/Ori-fy/have Mitchell kidnapped by a rabid chipmunks before they stick him directly and obviously under Sam's command, if only to save their pride.
        <<snippety ay>>
        Originally posted by &#220;berSG-1Fan

What?

Like I was really going to let that comment...erm...FLY without doing something? Please.

And Strix you really should know better than to give out spoilers for Season 10 plots like this.

I needed a laugh this evening.....and this certainly provided it! So thanks to both she who inspired it, and she who created it!

Oooooh.....that was post 1,800! Right here in Samanda! Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          She is such the consummate professional and this is just further indication.

She deserves to be treated with respect and dignity. Not glorified or canonized but be treated with the respect she's EARNED from her many years of service on the show.

And this is my hope for her...that the people she works with respect her and that she knows that she's loved.

And on a much more shallow level, I hope we get lots of Snarky!Carter and Kickbutt!Carter as a result (and Shippy!Carter too).
          for the pink comment: YEP!

for the green comment: YEAH!

for the blue comment: clarify *which* ship pairing you mean, oober, or the writers will hook her up with narim, who's come back with martouf's symbiote and has been taken over by orlin who just happens to look like joe faxon! clarify, woman, clarify!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            Well, at this point, following the amazing footage from Season 10 that Ooober has managed to acquire, I'd like to suggest changing the Samandan Motto to Hallowed are the Ooooberi or for the more traditionalist among us, Hic Ooooberness Regit. I believe Her Ladyship Oooberness The First is already designing TShirts and Bumper Stickers.
            Ya know.....the cupcake doom photo WOULD make a great T-shirt!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              for the pink comment: YEP!

for the green comment: YEAH!

for the blue comment: clarify *which* ship pairing you mean, oober, or the writers will hook her up with narim, who's come back with martouf's symbiote and has been taken over by orlin who just happens to look like joe faxon! clarify, woman, clarify!

sally
              Okay. For those of you reading this who don't know me and haven't read my signature(s), this is SO about Jack and ONLY Jack. Not Pete. Not Narim. Not Martouf. Not Alien Guy #4. Jack.

Thank you for your time.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

New Oma-ism?
                LOL! If one immediately knows the cupcake is in the oven, one was cooking with gas a long time ago.
                And wow...Sam's at 69.64% with 303 votes split between the four of them.
                Though planes fly, guns boom, quips crack, and all manner of ridiculousness ensues - the wise recognize that leadership remains the test of a leader. Sam passes the test. Mitchell... is a joke.
                ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

from what i've seen from commercials - yes, commercials, weir kind of commands atlantis, mckay is a babbling jerk, the black alien woman dresses like xena, the worm-haired black guy is aggressive, and sheppard is a babe magnet and sleeps around. did i get any of this wrong?
                  sally
                  Sally, can I recommend you try to keep a slighly more open mind? I actually enjoy the characters on Atlantis, and while at first it's hard to click with them, if you were to watch the whole series I think you'd grow to like them.

McKay, while he is a jerk in SG1, is actually a little different in Atlantis. He's still got the hugest ego on the planet (second to Über's *ducks*), but you actually do end up caring when he's in a bad situation. And he can be very funny to watch.

The alien woman, Teyla, is a great character. She's strong, both physically and mentally, has perhaps a little too much pride, but can also bee caring. And I think her wardrobe is actually a little better than Xena's. And most of the time she's in uniform with everyone else anyway, the costume I believe you're refering to is just her traditional fighting gear.

Worm haired black guy? You mean Ronon Dex? I don't know about him yet. He wasn't in season1.

Shepperd is more than just a babe magnet. He didn't have much to his character to start with, and I believe originally he was meant to be like O'Neill, but I think he's grown into his own character quite well. I think he's a good leader for their team.

And there's so many other good characters. Weir (who didn't strike me in SG1, but who holds her own in Atlantis), Beckett, Ford, so many others who's names I could mention but that wouldn't mean much.

Atlantis isn't brilliant, I'll give you that, but it's had some way beter storylines to SG1 recently.

If you gave it a go, you might surprise yourself, it's actually good.

And this has turned into a really long post about anything but Sam, so therefore would probably classify as OT.

Don't give up on it yet!

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                    LOL! If one immediately knows the cupcake is in the oven, one was cooking with gas a long time ago.
                    Though planes fly, guns boom, quips crack, and all manner of ridiculousness ensues - the wise recognize that leadership remains the test of a leader. Sam passes the test. Mitchell... is a joke.
                    More great Oma-isms.

Got one for Sam? She is my favorite after all...or perhaps you didn't know that about me.

I am fairly shy in my Samandevotion.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

you know, for someone like me that doesn't watch atlantis, it'll almost be a waste to see her interact with these ppl. i mean, half of the fun/depth of seeing sam and others go through what they go through is to see how their team mates/friends respond to them. when sam got hurt in 'entity', it was moving to see how everyone grieved. if sam got hurt in atlantis, how am *i* supposed to feel anything from/for these ppl when i don't give a crap about these ppl? (kind of what's going on now with mitchell. can't feel his pain when i don't know him or yet 'want' to feel his pain).

so as much as i 'might' enjoy sam going to atlantis, it's like sam carter guesting on a show i've never seen. it won't be the same.

sally

Oh, gee, sally, good point. If you don't watch Atlantis then yes, it would be a waste for Sam to crossover. I like Atlantis okay, to be honest, but I'm not wild about it. If I miss episodes, I don't really care, so I guess I'm not that invested in it. In this way, it is very different that SG-1 for me. I really liked the characters right away in SG-1, but that is not so in the case of Atlantis. However, in some episodes, Atlantis conveys more a of team feel than SG-1 in season 9.

If Sam crossed over just a bit to Atlantis (like in two or three part arc), I would like Atlantis alot better. I think she could really add to the show and give these characters someone interesting to interact with. But that's me.

I still want her on SG-1, LEADING SG-1, but because the crossover seems likely, I figure it has some potential. But, yeah, it is a waste of Sam's time if you don't watch the show, and I'm sure there are a number of SG-1 fans who don't watch Atlantis.

Comment

So, spoiler pics for Crusade are available on GW now.

Um.

Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                          I thought the same thing. On RDA's web site there is a report of several networks asking him to do other projects, but he said not right now. Maybe when he is ready he will remember AT. They do seem to be good friends. AT is a wonderful actress that should be respect for her talents and loyalty. What I have heard from RDA is he does respect AT for the work she does. So does MG (RDA's business partner) he was there adding his support during her first and successful TV directing experience
                          I think he would too. You can't deny their on-screen chemistry.

Now, boys and girls, put on those ruby slippers, click your heels together three times, and repeat over and over:

"There's nothing better than AT and RDA. There's nothing better than AT and RDA..."

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            If she does decide to leave, I think she should come to the U. S. and remake MacMillan and Wife with RDA! Or some other great situation that would put that chemistry back on-screen regularly!
                            i want to see amanda and rda do another tv show together called 'Chasm'. it'll be about a separated wife and husband that are forced to work together again when the project he manned is in jeopardy.

it takes place in an underwater research station. some 'unknown' force is causing probs, and rda's character has to return to the station (called SCURD). his estranged wife is commanding the station, and they irritate each other the moment they come into contact. but they're in love and slowly get back together.

amanda plays - Amanda Clancy.

rda plays - Scott Clancy.

the 'unknown' force is alien related.

SCURD stands for 'Scott Clancy Underwater Research and Developement'. it's a running joke in the show that *everyone* hates the name.

sally

ps - yes, i ripped off the movie 'the abyss'
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

So, spoiler pics for Crusade are available on GW now.

Um.

Yeah.
                              and so it begins - it is a shame that some on this thread are always proven right and that these PTB are sooo very predictable (and not in a good way).

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                                Sally, can I recommend you try to keep a slighly more open mind? I actually enjoy the characters on Atlantis, and while at first it's hard to click with them, if you were to watch the whole series I think you'd grow to like them.

(snips character analysis)

Atlantis isn't brilliant, I'll give you that, but it's had some way beter storylines to SG1 recently.

If you gave it a go, you might surprise yourself, it's actually good.

And this has turned into a really long post about anything but Sam, so therefore would probably classify as OT.

Don't give up on it yet!

i can see that you'd want me to keep on open mind on this, but it's not like i'm a fan and i'm having probs with the show and want to quit. i *don't* watch it, so i'm *only* going by what i see on *commercials*. (that's why i couldn't remember some of the ppl's names). i'm not putting it down, i'm only saying that i'll be lost in a LOT of the sam crossovers and that it'll take me a lot of time to 'feel' for these ppl. if sam gets hurt on atlantis.... i won't feel any sharing of grief like i would if it happened on sg1.

the only way i'm going to watch atlantis is when sam is on.

when/if amanda quits, so do i. to be quite honest, i really don't think i like the ppl that make stargate. that's why i didn't try atlantis. yes, i have issues. YEARS of build up

amanda, i'll follow anywhere. (and i'll watch anything with her, even eps that hurt +chimera/affinity+)

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X