No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys, have you checked out the number of posts in this thread???? we're gonna hit 30,000 probably this week, heck maybe even tomorrow

so does this rock or what????
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      glassner bailed a few years ago. right now he's doing some eps of csi

brad, to me, has a handle on the characters and the show, a much better one than rob has. rob can write....but he gets too distracted by boobs and bombs and the flash in the pan
      I've seen both Brad and Rob speak in interviews, too, and I really find Brad to be an insightful voice. I hadn't followed the internal politics of SG-1/Atlantis until joining these communities recently, however I can say now that I do think Brad has more of a handle on the character's internal integrities than Rob seems to. And I don't believe for a moment that it's a coincidence he [Brad] is returning to the helm of SG-1 next year, either.

Amanda has often spoken about how important it is to her to be more than a voice of exposition and/or a techno-dictionary, or a set of great legs. It's obvious that she cares about her character, as all the actors must, and part of that means exploring their interpersonal and psychological makeups. If you want to continue a series you don't just get "done" with that, people are alive, they continue to grow and evolve. I've seen Rob (and sadly even Joe) refer to their exploration of Carter (for example) as being finished, already happened, completed. And therein lies a huge problem.

In her latest interview, it was mentioned that the writers were not able to delve as deeply into the characters personal lives due to having to set up a whole new story arc (etcetera). Yet those characters still exist. They'r established and they need internal conflict as much as external conflict. That, to me, is where Rob falls away from Brad. Which is why I have hope for next season, at least in that regard. And I suppose we'll have to see whether that's ultimately founded or not.

m_geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I have been cleaning up my screen cap folders today and while doing that I came across this cap. If memory serves me right last week before I headed out to a conference there was some talk of episodes that Sam used a zap in - so I thought I post this one. With a cap to go along with what someone (can't remember who) was saying about sam not having a zap in last Fridays episode.

AT: What you are surprised with all the little (or BIG) inconsistencies this season that I was not carrying a zat but a Beretta instead in the Scourge.
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

yeah, it does.

meant that way or not, his attitude in various interviews has been...well far from welcoming and downright antagonistic at times

i totally understand that you can't please everyone all the time....but saying 'stuff it' to people just isn't a nice thing to do (no, he didn't use the words, just the attitude....this attitude of 'if you can't recognize the greatness i'm making then you're obviously deluded')

sigpic

Comment

i know the poll doesn't close until tomorrow, but i think it's just a formality....mg sweetie, make sure you bring your nice shirt to gabit, cause you're gonna be giving your picture to amanda personally

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24199

congrats sweetie!
            Ok so now I'm blushing furiously. That is a total and complete honor. Thank you guys. I'm terrified already!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              I'll tell you one thing I loved about The Scourge - the way Sam almost opened a great big can of (@*#&$ on that uppity delegate in the cave: "Because. You are alerting the bugs to our location." - That was PRICELESS. We could do a fill in the lines with that statement alone. What was Sam really saying?!

MG
              "Put a cork in it, or I'll shoot you myself and throw you out of the cave to be a bug hors d'oeuvre." Like that?

And forgive me, please, but, I'm stuck back on Ori entymology.
              Spoiler:
              I couldn't help thinking that the roar of however many kinds of engines the F-302's had to use to land, the whump of F-302 tires hitting whatever they found to pass for a landing strip (nothing likely looking being near the cave from what we saw, either, so a sizable trip would apparently be involved) and the vibration of the planes rolling to a stop and taxiing back would just serve to attract the bugs' attention to the landing strip - if a yelling politician would attract them to the cave - and the bugs could then get a snack when the pilots hopped out of the F-302's, which would, one supposes, hold them over until the main course arrived in the form of the rest of the politicos, Sam and Daniel. I just couldn't see the whole F-302 thing as constituting a 'good plan.'

I would've liked the ep much better if the bugs had been discovered to have, oh, nanite technology integrated into their physiology (to explain how they reproduced pounds of bugs out of an ounce of meatloaf ) for Sam to do something technological with/about, before the Odyssey bombed the planet with neuro-toxins that would have been useless against the nanite-enhanced bugs and doomed SG-1 and the politicos.
              Last edited by Simhavaktra; 20 February 2006, 05:52 PM.
              ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

And what, colonel, do you suggest i do with this????

sigpic

Comment

*quickly tries to pull her mind out of the gutter... <weg>
                  sigpic
                  I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Those zats actually do look like snakes, up close.

Comment

Clamps teeth on tongue adn refuses urgings of the gutter mind with the following mantra:

zatsdonotlooklikebigpeniseszatsdonotlooklikebigpeniseszatsdonotlooklikebigpenise s.... ack it's not working..... LMAO!

sigpic

Comment

Those zats actually do look like snakes, up close.
                        Snakes sure, if that's what they're calling them nowadays!
                        sigpic
                        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

glassner bailed a few years ago. right now he's doing some eps of csi

brad, to me, has a handle on the characters and the show, a much better one than rob has. rob can write....but he gets too distracted by boobs and bombs and the flash in the pan
                          Glassner left because he and Wright had "creative differences." I certainly don't trust RC this season. And I'm not too certain about Wright coming back. I'm just very weary about the remainder of this season and next season.
                          sigpic

Comment

I dunno, Kat. I respect what you're saying, and CG as well. I really do. But I think it's difficult to have this conversation without splitting hairs all together. Lets face it, Amanda's career isn't a "Sam's A Great Character" topic either. Nor is conversation regarding other characters (the very instant we take the Sam context out of those). While most of us would think it obvious that we can discuss those things in addition to (and along side of) the SaGC topic, some might not, and if we start a topic war, we'll have to police everything, not just some things here and some things there.

Emus and Sam Carter may be "obviously" unrelated (or they may not be), my point is - I think we can keep the thread as is and just gently steer people back on track, rather than saying "lets take everything OT elsewhere".

I think what's happening here is that the community got bigger, and we're seeing the normal social ramifications of that. But I still think we can stick together and keep the topic reasonably in-tact.

Respectfully, there's not a single vocal person on this thread who hasn't once dropped an "off topic" tidbit into the pot. It's an ideal utopia to believe we can all have the same idea(s) about what's on topic and what isn't. But the reality is - every once in a while, we might have to wade through a few posts to get to the cream.

MG
                            ...or just stop wading all together.

I've given my opinion on this subject before, I don't see a point in trying to argue it. I guess it all comes down to are you proud of the thread and what is discussed within it. I know I used to be.

But in the end, we all have to do what we think is best.

Comment

I know, it's another "who's hotter" thread, except this one is between Carter and herself. Do you think she's hotter when she's good or evil (including replicarter)?

IMO when she's evil. I don't know why, she is just hot when she is angry.

Comment

Man, I'll take either one. Or perhaps both. Can I have both? Please!!!
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X