Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
    Stuff like "The difference between you guys and sam haters is not only your kindness, but the fact that you think out your posts very well. In other words, you use your brain to type instead of just your fingers" is supportive of the 'you guys', granted, but it's definitely bashing of 'sam haters'. It's not on. I don't want to list all the incidences of fan-bashing, there've been a few that were close to the line and a few more over it, yours is just the most recent and so the easiest to quote. But it's not on, it's not necessary and it's not on topic. End of discussion please.
    I feared that it was probably my post that you felt necissary to comment on. I really do apologise. Anyone who knows me, deepspace, should know that I would never ever want to cause reason for a mod to be angry at me. Please edit my last post if you want, or I can do it if you prefer.
    I thought seeing as we had Sky here discussing in the thread with us on the topic that she would say if it went too far. She's been pretty thorough in halting convos before they turn nasty in the past.
    Without trying to put my foot in it any deeper, I'd just like to say one last thing to mini, and that is, that you are definitely a real person. Your feelings are just as important as anyone else.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
      I feared that it was probably my post that you felt necissary to comment on. I really do apologise. Anyone who knows me, deepspace, should know that I would never ever want to cause reason for a mod to be angry at me. Please edit my last post if you want, or I can do it if you prefer.
      I thought seeing as we had Sky here discussing in the thread with us on the topic that she would say if it went too far. She's been pretty thorough in halting convos before they turn nasty in the past.
      Without trying to put my foot in it any deeper, I'd just like to say one last thing to mini, and that is, that you are definitely a real person. Your feelings are just as important as anyone else.
      I won't edit your post, but it would only take a tiny amount of rewording on your part, and if you did it would be appreciated. and thanks for offering.

I accept that Sky is in here, but coming from my position of rather appreciating it when I'm the only mod playing in a thread and the other mods help with the modding it wouldn't have seemed fair to me to tell her about it and make work for her without lifting a finger. I didn't think I came in heavy, just a reminder about GW's policy on commenting on other forums and fangroups. Sorry it got heavy later

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
        If you want to refer to "people who've been nasty" (or whatever) and criticise them then that's different. But once it becomes legit to lump all 'Sam haters' as people who don't use their brains, it becomes equally legit to lump all 'vala haters' as people who don't use their brains, and from there it's a short step to lumping all cam fans as brainless... It's a slippery slope. (btw, i've been PM'd and insulted by Vala haters, by Jaffa haters, Daniel haters, Daniel fans and all sorts in my time. it happens. There are bad eggs about, but it doesn't mean that all ___ haters or ___ fans deserve to be bashed.)
        I really am sorry . I was the one who wasn't typing with my brain when I said that. Kettle calling pot black.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
          Hey Bink and anyone else interested.

Here's how JM just answered a leadership question on solutions about whether we'll see Mitchell in charge of the team as the leader (i.e., giving orders to the other members) and whether the co-leadership thing will be dropped or at least clarified in season 10.

He answered: "We'll see both Mitchell and Carter delivering orders in season 10 (as in season 9)."

Sounds like they are continuing down the road of ambiguity.
          Seriously though, I do not know how much, or if, he can be trusted at this point and what this may mean but it gives a small, tiny glimmer of hope that perhaps Carter will not be too diminished in S10 and they will grow backbones and keep her as a core, lead, respected character on SG1 while giving her a strong growth potential on SGA where I have much more faith in Brad Wright. JM has also said that Daniel is going to cross to SGA in S10 and that some of the SGA people will cross to SG1 in S10 so it seems they really are going to go to pretty far lengths this season with crossovers. So much for keeping the shows separate to give them separate identities as they professed in S1 of SGA - see these are the reasons I cannot put much trust or much weight in what any of them actually say - they really are just tools these days.)

JM does also say that Carter is in all 8 stories "broken" (kind of aprapoe that they use that term isn't it?) for S10 thus far and then he goes on with his usual modesoperandi kind of post, to qoute he says: "I can say that Carter will be in most of SG-1's 20 episode run this year and in all of the episodes (8) we have broken so far. As for whether she'll be part of the main story arc - I'd say yes, but people are inclined to have different opinions of what constitutes "part of the main story arc" and he also said that so far Mitchell has no character arc for S10 and "We're not looking at any character-specific stories early in season 10. And we're not looking at any major character-driven season arcs - at present." so it seems it remains to be seen where exactly they will be going with most of the characters in S10. Maybe they will well and truly stick with "team" episodes and show the "team" working together in the same place at the same time - who knows.
          Last edited by binkpmmc; 28 November 2005, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            Ahem.

To celebrate my 500th post in this forum and in the lovely, wonderful and always generous community of SAmanda...

I offer you all...

Drumroll please...

Da minigeek's version of the comicbook / action-heroine / all around kick-@$s p-90 totin', theoretical astrophysicist USAF Officer extra-ordinaire!!! Don't mess with this bee-ah-tch because she's cah-razzzzzy!.....

Lt. COLONEL SAMANTHA CARTER
            Ladies and Gentlemen!!

I ask that you please do not host these images anywhere on other websites and/or distribute it without my permission. It's a work in progress and as such, I'd rather it didn't end up all over the net (in so far as I can help it). If you want a copy without watermark for your private collection, please PM me and I'll see what I can do. Cheers!

Love and Hugs!
            mini

MG that is really great and thankyou for showing us your talent!
            Sorry to read your negitive pm thing from "the other board" you have a great talent and please do send your drawings to AT and CB.
            ......TARA......

Comment

Ahem.

To celebrate my 500th post in this forum and in the lovely, wonderful and always generous community of SAmanda...

I offer you all...

Drumroll please...

Da minigeek's version of the comicbook / action-heroine / all around kick-@$s p-90 totin', theoretical astrophysicist USAF Officer extra-ordinaire!!! Don't mess with this bee-ah-tch because she's cah-razzzzzy!.....

Ladies and Gentlemen!!

I ask that you please do not host these images anywhere on other websites and/or distribute it without my permission. It's a work in progress and as such, I'd rather it didn't end up all over the net (in so far as I can help it). If you want a copy without watermark for your private collection, please PM me and I'll see what I can do. Cheers!

Love and Hugs!
              mini

Mini that is so amazing.........Otay now I wish my artistic talent is as great as your artistic talent is.........It is SO BEAUTIFUL........

Keep up the great work..........

And yes send it to AT

xox
              Stargate Pants Girl
              (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
              Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

Ahem.

I offer you all...

Drumroll please...

Ladies and Gentlemen!!

Love and Hugs!
                mini
                ((((((mini)))))
                It's wonderful ! I'm sorry I can't send you green jello, so special spiced one for you :

You should definitely send your sketches to AT. You rock !
                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                  Seriously though, I do not know how much, or if, he can be trusted at this point and what this may mean but it gives a small, tiny glimmer of hope that perhaps Carter will not be too diminished in S10 and they will grow backbones and keep her as a core, lead, respected character on SG1 while giving her a strong growth potential on SGA where I have much more faith in Brad Wright. JM has also said that Daniel is going to cross to SGA in S10 and that some of the SGA people will cross to SG1 in S10 so it seems they really are going to go to pretty far lengths this season with crossovers. So much for keeping the shows separate to give them separate identities as they professed in S1 of SGA - see these are the reasons I cannot put much trust or much weight in what any of them actually say - they really are just tools these days.)

JM does also say that Carter is in all 8 stories "broken" (kind of aprapoe that they use that term isn't it?) for S10 thus far and then he goes on with his usual modesoperandi kind of post, to qoute he says: "I can say that Carter will be in most of SG-1's 20 episode run this year and in all of the episodes (8) we have broken so far. As for whether she'll be part of the main story arc - I'd say yes, but people are inclined to have different opinions of what constitutes "part of the main story arc" and he also said that so far Mitchell has no character arc for S10 and "We're not looking at any character-specific stories early in season 10. And we're not looking at any major character-driven season arcs - at present." so it seems it remains to be seen where exactly they will be going with most of the characters in S10. Maybe they will well and truly stick with "team" episodes and show the "team" working together in the same place at the same time - who knows.
                  I'm sorry to hear that they're going to make numerous crossovers. I'm not a big Atlantis fan but what I found original and unique in this show was that they weren't able to contact Earth in season 1. I understand that it couldn't last long but the show would really benefit if it remained like an outpost far away from home and not the last nice place of vacation for "we don't need you in SG1 this week" characters.
                  I'm also sorry to hear that they don't plan character arc for Mitchell. The poor guy needs one. If there's a character who absolutely needs one in season 10, it's him. The other have 8 years ahead of him and TPTB love Vala. How is he supposed to find his niche if he's not given his own story ? I'm afraid he'll remain a mystery for me. We're half way in season 9 and I can't say I know anything about him. If I was asked " What can you tell about Mitchell ?", I'm afraid my only answer would be "He's nice, wallpapered and used as a plot device." If TPTB want to take the road of coleading they have to give reasons why it can work. If Mitchell isn't given his own character arc, he's never going to grow out of Sam's shadow and both characters will suffer from the situation. That's sad. So many lost oppoturnities.
                  Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                    I'm sorry to hear that they're going to make numerous crossovers. I'm not a big Atlantis fan but what I found original and unique in this show was that they weren't able to contact Earth in season 1. I understand that it couldn't last long but the show would really benefit if it remained like an outpost far away from home and not the last nice place of vacation for "we don't need you in SG1 this week" characters.
                    Actually, I was watching a special feature on the Atlantis S1 boxset last night, that was a preview to S2. Brad Wright mentioned that he never intended for Atlantis to stay out of contact for too long, say past the first season, because he didn't want to be a Voyager style show (where the show focuses on getting back to earth, and once they do its finished). So it seems to me that TPTB had always intended to bring the shows closer together after a little while, which can lead to the natural assumption that characters from SG1 would crossover. It makes me wonder whether they had plans for Sam (and Daniel) to crossover to 'Lantis later right from the get go.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2420819/1/ - link to that underwear fic I mentioned before

And minigeek! OMG thats very, very cool! Wow. You should do a comic strip!
                      Dooooo iiittt!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        Actually, I was watching a special feature on the Atlantis S1 boxset last night, that was a preview to S2. Brad Wright mentioned that he never intended for Atlantis to stay out of contact for too long, say past the first season, because he didn't want to be a Voyager style show (where the show focuses on getting back to earth, and once they do its finished). So it seems to me that TPTB had always intended to bring the shows closer together after a little while, which can lead to the natural assumption that characters from SG1 would crossover. It makes me wonder whether they had plans for Sam (and Daniel) to crossover to 'Lantis later right from the get go.

It has been said several times that they would have liked to have had Sam & Teal'c in the first episode of Atlantis with Daniel & Jack but because of franchise issues they could not. The Stargate franchise will not be the first one to do cross over episodes. Law & Order has been doing it very well for several years. Sometimes the crossover character is part of the 'A' story and other times they are part of the 'B' story. I think by the end of S3 of Atlantis we will have seen Sam, Daniel & Teal'c at least once. It also makes sense to see Weir, Sheppard, McKay, & Caldwell on SG-1 - who knows if both shows go on long enough we may even see Teyla and Dex visit Earth.

It does sound like at least in the early stages of planning for next year we will see more team driven stories and less focus on individual characters. It also sounds like they may be going for longer arc stories with more off-world adventures. My personal hope is that they have a decent budget for S10 & S3 repectively.
                        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Found these filming schedules up on the web tonight and I thought I'd toss them up on the thread. Looks as if Amanda should be nearly done filming unless things ran longer than scheduled. I still haven't read anything about her taking the part on Whistler, so I'm sort of assuming she turned it down. It looks as if the filming schedule might have conflicted with Stargate. Bummer.

ABBY LORD
                          Abby Productions Inc.
                          Exec. Prod: Meyer Shwarzstein
                          Robert Mickelson, Matt Hastings
                          Prod: Scott Kennedy
                          Director: Matt Hastings
                          DOP: Eric Goldstein
                          PM: Craig Forrest
                          PC: Michele MacInnes
                          LM: Dan Carr
                          ALM: Colin McCarthy
                          PD: Bob Bottieri
                          Cast: Joe Lando, Maria del Mar
                          Casting: Clark & Page Casting
                          Sched: Oct 27 - Nov 23/05
                          222 Woodland Drive
                          Vancouver, BC V5L 5C8
                          215-9046 fax: 215-9047

According to an interview I read, Daniella Evangelista, who will be a guest in the Stargate episode "Crusade" also has a part in this movie and according to Daniella it will be a movie of the week for the Lifetime channel.

Totally OT, but she also confirmed that Claudia was indeed pregnant during the taping of Crusade and that she felt the baby kick.

Daniellla Interview

THE FOURSOME
                          Foursome Productions Ltd.
                          Prod: Carrie Wheeler
                          Prod. Supervisor: Gavin Wilding
                          Director: William Dear
                          DOP: Ron Williams
                          PM: Pam Gillies
                          PC: Georgina Petropoulos
                          LM: Robert Millar
                          PD: Shannon Murphy
                          Casting: Candice Elizinga
                          Extras: Alicia Scott
                          Sched: Nov 14 - Dec 2/05
                          288-5813 fax: 534-5942

WHISTLER
                          Uphill Productions Inc.
                          Exec. Prod: Kelly Senecal
                          Janet York, Noreen Halpern
                          Prod/LP: Sherry Lynn King
                          Director: Grant Harvey
                          DOP: Mike Marshall
                          PM: Simon Richardson
                          PC: Helen MaComb
                          LM: Marnie Gee
                          PD: Thom Ward
                          Cast: Jesse Moss, Amanda Crew,
                          Nick Lea, Ingrid Kavelaars
                          Casting: Coreen Mayrs,
                          Heike Brandstatter
                          Sched: Nov 16 - Apr 15/06
                          27450-55th Ave.
                          Langley, BC V4W 3Y1
                          637-2662
                          fax: 1-866-745-6439

Not sure if she took this part, but figured I'd add the info as well.

Comment

Okay a bit OT here but is the board acting weird for you guys tonight? I have a made couple of posts that ended up duplicated and everytime I submit a reply I get sent to the first post in a thread instead of returning to the page I just posted on. So do we have GW Gremlins again.
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

AM bump.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Found these filming schedules up on the web tonight and I thought I'd toss them up on the thread. Looks as if Amanda should be nearly done filming unless things ran longer than scheduled. I still haven't read anything about her taking the part on Whistler, so I'm sort of assuming she turned it down. It looks as if the filming schedule might have conflicted with Stargate. Bummer.

ABBY LORD
                                Abby Productions Inc.
                                Exec. Prod: Meyer Shwarzstein
                                Robert Mickelson, Matt Hastings
                                Prod: Scott Kennedy
                                Director: Matt Hastings
                                DOP: Eric Goldstein
                                PM: Craig Forrest
                                PC: Michele MacInnes
                                LM: Dan Carr
                                ALM: Colin McCarthy
                                PD: Bob Bottieri
                                Cast: Joe Lando, Maria del Mar
                                Casting: Clark & Page Casting
                                Sched: Oct 27 - Nov 23/05
                                222 Woodland Drive
                                Vancouver, BC V5L 5C8
                                215-9046 fax: 215-9047

According to an interview I read, Daniella Evangelista, who will be a guest in the Stargate episode "Crusade" also has a part in this movie and according to Daniella it will be a movie of the week for the Lifetime channel.

Totally OT, but she also confirmed that Claudia was indeed pregnant during the taping of Crusade and that she felt the baby kick.

Daniellla Interview

THE FOURSOME
                                Foursome Productions Ltd.
                                Prod: Carrie Wheeler
                                Prod. Supervisor: Gavin Wilding
                                Director: William Dear
                                DOP: Ron Williams
                                PM: Pam Gillies
                                PC: Georgina Petropoulos
                                LM: Robert Millar
                                PD: Shannon Murphy
                                Casting: Candice Elizinga
                                Extras: Alicia Scott
                                Sched: Nov 14 - Dec 2/05
                                288-5813 fax: 534-5942

WHISTLER
                                Uphill Productions Inc.
                                Exec. Prod: Kelly Senecal
                                Janet York, Noreen Halpern
                                Prod/LP: Sherry Lynn King
                                Director: Grant Harvey
                                DOP: Mike Marshall
                                PM: Simon Richardson
                                PC: Helen MaComb
                                LM: Marnie Gee
                                PD: Thom Ward
                                Cast: Jesse Moss, Amanda Crew,
                                Nick Lea, Ingrid Kavelaars
                                Casting: Coreen Mayrs,
                                Heike Brandstatter
                                Sched: Nov 16 - Apr 15/06
                                27450-55th Ave.
                                Langley, BC V4W 3Y1
                                637-2662
                                fax: 1-866-745-6439

Not sure if she took this part, but figured I'd add the info as well.

Oh wow... how do you always find these things!? lol. I could mention some random thing she might be filming and BAM, you always have the info (((((Forever)))))

Oh, and I just had to pop in and say this...

IT'S SNOWIIIIINGGGGG

HEEEEEEH *Jumps around doing silly Snow dance*

*sigh* I love snow

MSam
                                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Working...
                                X