Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    She talks alot about personal stuff - her family in England, balancing work and Olivia, expectations on her body image after just giving birth, talks about S9 and Atlantis crossover briefly, about the S7 episode she directed, her movie that she was about to shoot with Christian Slater, another movie called 'Abby-Lord' (which might be that 'bumbling detective' one) and also about Whistler if they can sort the timing out for it.
    And she talks about how she's a big Coronation Street fan (and she mentioned something about how she got a pair of knickers O.o) and at the end her music request was 'Dear Prudence' by the Beatles.

It was a good listen

Edit: Oi, parsifal beat me

Definately a fabulous interview I love that Simon guy... very good interviewer. And thankfully his voice isnt' like that woman's on T4... (no offense to those who like her!)

Just wanted to mention Agent Dark firstly thought Amanda had said she'd stolen a pair of knickers... got me all up in a fit, and then I was like "No, she didn't say that!" and he's like "S'what I thought she said the first time!" and im like "well you could have corrected yourself before I got all hyped up!" and he's like "psht"

So, AD...

*smack upside the head*

Once again, really great interview. When will the official version come out? The one I got only worked in one ear of my headphone...
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam

Just wanted to mention Agent Dark firstly thought Amanda had said she'd stolen a pair of knickers... got me all up in a fit, and then I was like "No, she didn't say that!" and he's like "S'what I thought she said the first time!" and im like "well you could have corrected yourself before I got all hyped up!" and he's like "psht"

So, AD...

*smack upside the head*

She said she'd GOT a pair of knickers. She never clarified that she didn't in fact steal them. So I'm going with the Underwear!Theif explanation

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
        Okay first that Simon Baldock has class and is an excellent interviewer - this has to be one of the best interviews I have ever heard of anyone never mind of AT - talk about putting those 2 louts from that short TV interview she did while at GABIT to shame!! Those 2 were so inept and juvenile compared to Simon Baldock.

A few tidbits: AT says she was "actually asked to do some episodes" of SGA for S3 so she will be doing some crossover - no details though. She also talked about S10 and the 200th episode but again no details just very general discussion that there will be a S10. She spoke about GABIT as the best run Convention she has ever attended and she loved the way she could really interact with the fans there. She had high praise for the organizers and spoke giddily about the trip to Cornoation Street. She sounded like a goofy fangirl. She also talked about the movie with C Slater and that she plays his girlfiend and the TV movie but very brief and only gave the name of that one which I didn't catch the name of, she also said that she was hoping to do the Whistler show if they could work it out and she did sound hopeful so let's hope they worked out that shcedule thing.

What really stood out for me was early in the interview when she spoke about Carter and how Carter is a role model because she is not "superficial" (that is the word I have been looking for to describe vala - superficial) and she also said she, Carter, is not a sex kitten (hhmm can you say vala?) which is what so often happens with female characters in sci-fi. She spoke about her demographics being skewed towards women and young girls because she is a role model, and that her demographic also includes couples, which I found interesting (I wonder if they have specific focus group info on how each of the characters skews in demographics or if she is just basing that on who she sees and meets at conventions). She spoke about the struggle to get back in shape and the pressure she felt from the producers - while they did not say anything she felt the pressure but would not compromise to come back as a stick figure because she is nursing Olivia. She spoke a little about the baby and just gushed and sounded ridiculously happy about her life with Olivia and the fact that she can be at work with her and take care of her while working and how lucky she is with that.

Overall much of it was repeats of what we have already heard elsewhere but I was impressed with the overall tenor of it - it was a great interview and I must say again that Simon Baldock is wonderful and he knows his stuff and doesn't sound like a dolt or a blithering idiot like so many others do. He clearly likes AT and admires and respects her and that comes out in the way he speaks with her. He brought up the directing thing and she gushed about her experience in Resurrection and the fact she was nominated for an award for it and how she really loved it and reaaallllly wants to direct more, etc., etc.

Anyway, nutshell from the first pass listening to it. I am sure I missed so things but those wree the highlights that stuck out on first pass.
        Thanks binkpmmc, Agent Dark, and parsifal!

Thanks for the instructions, Agent Dark. Sounds like a really good interview.

Seems like she was thinking that the crossover to SGA would be some episodes---that doesn't sound like a 50/50 split. I know I'm naive but I still would rather Carter crossover to the SGA "team" show every so often rather than being in the background for those "some" SG-1 episodes. I also like the idea of Brad Wright being in more control of this aspect of Carter. Could be a good storyline for her. We'll see.

I'm with you Bink. I hope she can do Whistler too -- sounds like she would like to and sounds like a good opportunity during the hiatus. I haven't heard anything yet though.

Like her stance on resisting pressure to get back in shape (i.e, really thin).

Comment

you know, 'in shape' does not mean thin. it doesn't mean fat of course, but it's actually healthy for women to have some meat on their bones

i hope she can do Whistler too, it'll be nice to see her in something different

course, i might be trying to track down means of getting the show should it happen
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

She said she'd GOT a pair of knickers. She never clarified that she didn't in fact steal them. So I'm going with the Underwear!Theif explanation
            LOL!

You just like the "Underwear!Thief" mental image!

::chuckles and shakes head, suspecting each clone in mental image has underwear dangling from one hand, and a gun in the other, and chuckling some more::

AcD - consistency is your middle name!

LOL!
            ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

*shakes head*

yes, Amanda, the notorious Knicker natcher

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

sounds like a plot bunny to me, sam nicking knickers

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  *sees AgentDark running off to his crazy unknown Livejournal dens to search for fic of Sam the Knicker Nicker*

Knowing him he'll probably FIND some too...!

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Aaaahhhh!!!

Now I have this mental image of Sam grinning devilishly as she skips through the corridors of the SGC - trailing a pair of General Hammond's flannel boxers from one index finger -

White boxers printed in Air Force blue with USAF officers' insignia and General's stars...

And she's singing "Who wears short shorts..." as she goes...

:headdesks:

...must go take ibuprofen...

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                      Aaaahhhh!!!

Now I have this mental image of Sam grinning devilishly as she skips through the corridors of the SGC - trailing a pair of General Hammond's flannel boxers from one index finger -

White boxers printed in Air Force blue with USAF officers' insignia and General's stars...

And she's singing "Who wears short shorts..." as she goes...

:headdesks:

...must go take ibuprofen...
                      Bahahahahahaha

Hmmm, that actually reminds me of SG1 Underwear fic... :O And I'm not kidding either. I'll try and find the link

Comment

Ahem.

To celebrate my 500th post in this forum and in the lovely, wonderful and always generous community of SAmanda...

I offer you all...

Drumroll please...

The comicbook / action-heroine / all around kick-@$s p-90 totin', theoretical astrophysicist USAF Officer extra-ordinaire!!! Don't mess with this bee-ah-tch because she's cah-razzzzzy!.....

Lt. COLONEL SAMANTHA CARTER
                        Ladies and Gentlemen!!

((sorry, had to remove the sketch for a bit))

I ask that you please do not host these images anywhere on other websites and/or distribute it without my permission. It's a work in progress and as such, I'd rather it didn't end up all over the net (in so far as I can help it). If you want a copy without watermark for your private collection, please PM me and I'll see what I can do. Cheers!

Love and Hugs!
                        mini
                        Last edited by minigeek; 29 November 2005, 06:14 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

damn girl!!!!!! you're good, really, really good

when you get that done, you need to send amanda a copy.

sigpic

Comment

damn girl!!!!!! you're good, really, really good

when you get that done, you need to send amanda a copy.

Yup! I second that!!

Comment

Hey Bink and anyone else interested.

Here's how JM just answered a leadership question on solutions about whether we'll see Mitchell in charge of the team as the leader (i.e., giving orders to the other members) and whether the co-leadership thing will be dropped or at least clarified in season 10.

He answered: "We'll see both Mitchell and Carter delivering orders in season 10 (as in season 9)."

Sounds like they are continuing down the road of ambiguity.

Comment

The rep system may be resurrected, but, like Anna/Sekhmet it still has its issues - like not letting me give you green for that sketch, Mini!

Neat idea, and beautiful work. Wow!

Comment

Working...
                                X