Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    no one's doing it. not even the supernatural fans.

*i think* it worked for rda , b/c a huge bunch of his fans came together to make this work for one month, and then (probably) just let the contest drop after.

if we could just get everyone to fight for this for just one month...
    Unfortunately I think the ship has sailed with this contest now, which is a shame as I think S4K really deserve the cash
    sigpic
    Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
      Unfortunately I think the ship has sailed with this contest now, which is a shame as I think S4K really deserve the cash
      it's really so easy to do. it doesn't require anyone sending money (they might not have), so if all a person has to do is vote daily...

she's in 4th place now. it isn't going to happen.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

it's really so easy to do. it doesn't require anyone sending money (they might not have), so if all a person has to do is vote daily...

she's in 4th place now. it isn't going to happen.
        And every month someone new seems to come along with a mass army of voters, doesn't seem to matter what we do, we get less votes every month as people get bored
        sigpic

Comment

And every month someone new seems to come along with a mass army of voters, doesn't seem to matter what we do, we get less votes every month as people get bored
          I think I must have missed the end of last months vote, thought it was my app when the votes suddenly went back to 0 again. It's not the voting that's boring me so much as the tweets every single day 'I voted for @amandatapping at...' it grates on you after a while - I just want to tweet back 'you're preaching to the choir'.
          Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
          If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
            I think I must have missed the end of last months vote, thought it was my app when the votes suddenly went back to 0 again. It's not the voting that's boring me so much as the tweets every single day 'I voted for @amandatapping at...' it grates on you after a while - I just want to tweet back 'you're preaching to the choir'.
            i know. i've never tweeted that i voted, b/c it's irritating to read a billion times.

i just really think we *do* have it in us, if we all do this, but know we'll only be asked *for one month* IF we win. one month + voting + winning = no more asking afterwards.

but then again, i've been wanting to get everyone together to tweet mgm about wanting more stargate, and that didn't work out either.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

My biggest issue with voting was what kind of spam am I signing myself up to? Where is my address going?

We'd probably get more money if folks just set aside a dollar a day, put four quarters in a jar, put the change out of your pocket in a jar for a month/year, then tallied it up and sent it in.

Think about it, Change for a Change....every time during the day that you break a dollar (pound) put the change in a pocket in your purse. Empty it out into a jar and just let it collect. Might be 99 cents, might be 2 cents. But over the course of a year it adds up.

If this contest has gotten to the point that 'mysterious' celebrity winner changes each month, then I'm willing to bet that someone is gaming the system. If that's the case then continuing may be pointness.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

To be honest I have thought there might be something not quite right with the competition recently, by the way these people I have never heard of appear and suddenly get 1000's of votes per day
                sigpic

Comment

To be honest I have thought there might be something not quite right with the competition recently, by the way these people I have never heard of appear and suddenly get 1000's of votes per day
                  On that note, has anyone heard of Paul Wesley, Rebel Wilson, Ton Jones, Tom Hiddleston or Joseph Morgan, currently, 1,3,5,6 and 7th - I might just be living under a rock but I do know Robin Williams and obviously AT. Stana Katic's in 9th and I've seen people tweeting about voting for her, and Josh Groban is constantly being voted for and usually a close placing to AT when the mysterious celeb appears.
                  Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                  If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

On that note, has anyone heard of Paul Wesley, Rebel Wilson, Ton Jones, Tom Hiddleston or Joseph Morgan, currently, 1,3,5,6 and 7th - I might just be living under a rock but I do know Robin Williams and obviously AT. Stana Katic's in 9th and I've seen people tweeting about voting for her, and Josh Groban is constantly being voted for and usually a close placing to AT when the mysterious celeb appears.
                    mysterious celeb indeed!

i wish there was another way of helping, without having to donate actual $... this was a good idea, a really good idea, especially for folks like myself that are short on cash.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

I've heard of one or two of them, but don't really know anything much about them.

Comment

no one's doing it. not even the supernatural fans.

*i think* it worked for rda , b/c a huge bunch of his fans came together to make this work for one month, and then (probably) just let the contest drop after.

if we could just get everyone to fight for this for just one month...

Jumping in here, because a) I seem to be doing a lot of AT chatting atm and b) because I first got sucked into this challenge thing re: Michael Shanks and the MS Society and c) because I too quickly backed away...I think RDA won because of the Sea Shepherd connection and their HUGE following on Twitter...let's face it, after he won the next month (before they changed the rules) they had another SS "star" up in 3rd place really quickly....

The problem I have is this is primarly a "lottery/gambling/call it what you will" company....and I've never seen a "bookie" loose money or stick to the rules.....I notice how quickly the rules change........there's a small group of MS fans trying to get support and quite frankly I know he'll NEVER stand a chance....plus the actor has to be comfortable accepting it...I know that the SPN fans worked very hard block voting to get Jensen Ackles to win and he turned it down and refused to accept it almost immediately....the charity loses out and so do the fans....the Lottery company gets all that lovely advertising and in my case, fills my email box up with spam and (I think but can't prove obv) sent a wee nasty to my computer which I had to clear..

I gave up and do what I always do, like Skydiver says, put my pennies in a jar, donate to the MS Society of Canada when I can, either through the MSOL Auctions or to celebrate something in MS's name...same with other actors and their charities like S4K etc....

Just my take on things...
                        Last edited by discodiva; 29 April 2013, 06:11 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                          What happened to the 'If you help us get it for RDA we'll do the same for you' deal???
                          Mumsey
                          (In a cynical frame of mind)
                          I was just thinking that myslef...I think we need to gently remind the RDA fans how we suported them to get Rick to the finish line, now we ask they return the favour.
                          IIRC, AT fans were gonna...and did...help RDA, then RDA fans were gonna help AT fans, then we were all gonna help MS and then CJ...it was meant to be a Stargate support thing.
                          I'm tempted to wipe the challenge off my computer as I'm beginning to wonder how rigged this thing is.
                          But think of it this way...everytime someone tweets that, they're also reminding others to do it too...coz to be honest, I often forget to vote...my mind is overloaded lately so this thing is usually only sparked by reminders. I don't think it's gonna kill anyone if they see those tweets.
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

A tweet from Amanda

Last night for me on #HellInAHandbag. Such fun! Being woken up after 3 hours sleep, not so much. Mum by day. Mother Superior by night. Zzzz
                            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I think I voted almost daily for AT in the first month or so (via two alternative email addresses) but then the stupid website forgot my password every single time so I gave up and stopped voting as I kept forgetting my passwords there too and it was just extremely annoying.
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

if this thing is really rigged, then how does anyone ever win???

personally, this was a win-win scenario to help amanda's charity, b/c all i had to do was vote. but this is really starting to feel hopeless.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X