Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    What are the names of the episodes that Naomi is in?
    They're listed on that wikia page mentioned above your post...
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      Geez ... I feel so old now
      Hate to break it to ya but....

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Well you are a bit closer than I am
      True but the country is just so darn big!

You know, last year the Calgary con had a reunion of all of ST:TNG. This year they have Shanks and RDA. In the past they have had AT and CJ. Wouldn't it be awesome if they had all four one year? Then I would soooo make the trek (pardon the pun).

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        I actually do know her address. Many years ago on a set tour/lunch I accidentally saw it on an envelope. I have never disclosed it to anyone, didn't even tell AT I saw it, didn't want her to feel uncomfortable (she would have had no idea then that I am harmless ). Have never even gone close to her house. Completely inappropriate to cross that line. One thing to meet her at an event where the public is invited, totally different to invade her private space.
        You know i would be like you, if I saw an address or a phone number somewhere, I wouldn't even get excited. I know I would never even consider invading someone's private space, I have too much respect for these people to do that. We are very lucky in this fandom that we are treated very well as fans, we are communicated with through twitter, we get lots of conventions etc. I have no idea why some fans would behave in appropriately. When I saw teryl Rothery in Adelaide a few weeks ago enjoying lunch with her daughter and a friend(in the town not at the con) I smiled as I walked past but nothing more, I wouldn't even think of disturbing when they are off duty as such. However Teryl did tell me off the next day for not going over to her, yet I think she also appreciated the reason I hadn't
        sigpic
        Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          Something like she was "in the process of moving house"...I don't think she's leaving Vancouver though.
          Actually when I heard her say that, I was a bit surprised. I know she & Alan renovated that house years ago.
          Here's hoping no one seeks out her new residence after a fan had, some years ago, knocked on her front door.
          Good thing about moving is cleaning out the old stuff...who knows what will end up in the next S4K auction.
          i was surprised when she said she was moving too, especially b/c i know her and alan worked on that house. but if she's moving out of vancouver, i soooo hope it's not to toronto. it's that east coast vrs the west coast thing.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
            You know i would be like you, if I saw an address or a phone number somewhere, I wouldn't even get excited. I know I would never even consider invading someone's private space, I have too much respect for these people to do that. We are very lucky in this fandom that we are treated very well as fans, we are communicated with through twitter, we get lots of conventions etc. I have no idea why some fans would behave in appropriately. When I saw teryl Rothery in Adelaide a few weeks ago enjoying lunch with her daughter and a friend(in the town not at the con) I smiled as I walked past but nothing more, I wouldn't even think of disturbing when they are off duty as such. However Teryl did tell me off the next day for not going over to her, yet I think she also appreciated the reason I hadn't
            Thos situations pose a bit of a dilemma, the individual is out in public but is having a private visit. On one hand, you don't want to impose, on the other, some celebrities like being recognized. So, do you speak with them or not? I think your response was perfect. You smiled which acknowledges you recognize them but you don't interrupt their private time.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Thos situations pose a bit of a dilemma, the individual is out in public but is having a private visit. On one hand, you don't want to impose, on the other, some celebrities like being recognized. So, do you speak with them or not? I think your response was perfect. You smiled which acknowledges you recognize them but you don't interrupt their private time.
              Yeah I think it's best to not intrude on their private time. Some stars like it, others hate it. Some like photos and autographs, some will politely refuse and some get rather annoyed. Maybe it's the English stiff upper lip in me but I'd rather not ask than be embarrassed by being refused or offending them!

I lived in Manchester for a long time and quite often I would see the cast of Coronation Street (a popular British soap which I personally don't watch but AT is a HUGE fan of lol) shopping, especially around the Xmas international markets. No one really bothered them much.

The only time I ever did anything like that was on my little cousin's birthday. He was only 7 and spotted his favourite actress from the show having a meal at the back of a restaurant. Earlier my mum had dared me to ask the live band (a local not famous one I should say) for their autographs for a laugh so I did and because he saw me do that he wanted me to ask the actress for him. I said she would think I was a bit odd asking (I was 16 or so) because I was older so I sent him off with a pen and paper and told him to ask nicely once the meal had ended and the band was playing. He came back with a huge beaming smile and an autograph - apparently she told him he was cute lol!

Apparently AT got to visit the Coronation Street set once organised by the Gabit team I believe and she said she was starstruck lol I find that hilarious because I never batted an eyelid and I've seen heaps of them. Soap stars don't really register on my fan girl radar.
              Last edited by AmberLM; 05 April 2013, 10:53 AM.
              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Someone has started an "Amanda Tapping" page on Facebook and then making posts as if Amanda herself has made the post.

Does anyone know for sure whether she started a Facebook page? Somehow I doubt it, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  Someone has started an "Amanda Tapping" page on Facebook and then making posts as if Amanda herself has made the post.

Does anyone know for sure whether she started a Facebook page? Somehow I doubt it, but I could be wrong.
                  I imagine she would have mentioned it on her official website and/or twitter if that was the case...
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

AFAIK she still not on Facebook. I think she would have announced it Twitter if she did sign up.
                    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      I imagine she would have mentioned it on her official website and/or twitter if that was the case...
                      Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                      AFAIK she still not on Facebook. I think she would have announced it Twitter if she did sign up.
                      That's kind of what I thought too. Apparently somebody is pretending to be her, and attracting a lot of her fans to that page.
                      Last edited by hedwig; 05 April 2013, 12:11 PM. Reason: fixing a typo

Comment

Julia Hague has not mentioned Amanda having a FB page, so I think it's a hoax.
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

That's kind of what I thought too. Apparently somebody is pretending to be her, and attracting a lot of her fans to that page.
                          People actually do that?
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

People actually do that?
                            Sadly, yes they do. Awhile back a couple of people started a Facebook page with RDA's name on it and were attracting a lot of fans to it. They even showed "friends" of his like Brad Wright and a bunch of other people from the SG world. When RDA found out about it, he was highly annoyed and went out of his way to make an announcement that he did not have a Facebook page and he named the people who were pretending to be him and told them to stop impersonating him. Don't know if they ever did. I think that page is still there.

Comment

That makes no sense. Don't these people think about the potential for legal ramifications?
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

That makes no sense. Don't these people think about the potential for legal ramifications?
                                Either they don't know or they don't care.

Comment

Working...
                                X