X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday Mandy!!

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
    Thanks for sharing. That is sweet.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

A couple of new tweet from Amanda

A pleasure Miss Totally Awesome multi tasking Artist, Writer Mama!! Xo RT @CeaPerson: @amandatapping thanks for the follow Babe, love ya!

On the plane ready to come to TO for @FanExpoCanada!! Woohoo! Excited to see everyone! Xo
      And one from Dennys Ilic
      love this gerl and know y'all do too! http://on.fb.me/PD0ohb (hier res uploads to FB btw)
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Mandy!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          Cute pic of MS & AT. Nice to know they remain friends.
          If I recall, I believe their kids go to the same school so they see each other often. It's nice to see that they really do have a close friendship, like Sam and Daniel!

Comment

Favorite Sam-Daniel friendship episodes?

Comment

Not so much friendship but they both look so smokin' hot in "Covenant" in S.8....talk about a Power Couple!..

Deeds xx
              sigpic
              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                If I recall, I believe their kids go to the same school so they see each other often. It's nice to see that they really do have a close friendship, like Sam and Daniel!
                That's really sweet, and helps explain why they seem to have kept in contact the most/have the closest friendship amongst the SG-1 cast still to this day. Amanda tends to talk to/about Michael fairly often on Twitter. Their friendship really does seem lovely IRL and is probably one of the reasons their characters' friendship worked so well on-screen as well, great chemistry ?
                sigpic
                Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                  Not so much friendship but they both look so smokin' hot in "Covenant" in S.8....talk about a Power Couple!..
                  Agreed - yum! I really like 'Singularity' as a great Sam/Daniel friendship episode - they really do melt my heart in their scenes together in this ep ?
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

I like the serpents venom moment when they did their whole 'it's a math thing' bit

also in tangent, when sam and daniel were gonna help jack and teal'c...and by golly no one was gonna get in their way
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It bothers me to no end that Daniel explicitly visited everyone but Sam when he was Ascended. Puh. Stoopid Daniel.

I keep thinking about that scene where the remainder of SG-1 is in the briefing room and they're discussing the whole thing, and Jack's like "oh, I've seen Daniel around, y'know..." and Teal'c is all "As have I." And Sam's like "What? When? How?"-- totally stunned and very clearly hurt that *she* has not had a similar experience.

And then they go to the temple in the season finale and Daniel shows up to everyone and Sam gets all excited and Daniel's just all like "Hey, Sam-- oh look! Eye of Ra!"

I can officially say that Daniel lost points in my book during his Ascended stint for how all that went down...

Comment

A new tweet from Amanda

Weeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Xo RT @Dennydenn: Very happy that @amandatapping is in Town! Toronto just got a whole lot Hipper! And Hyper!
                        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I think there were some lovely Sam and Daniel moments throughout the series, although they became fewer and further between in later seasons, which was sad. I always like their interaction in Singularity, the short "what's up?" scene in Forever in a Day and the "gung ho" thing in Space Race. Just moments, but they were really special. Nice chemistry

As for "stoopid" Daniel not visiting Sam while ascended: I always took it that Daniel only appeared to his friends in extremis, such as in Abyss for Jack and Changeling for Teal'c. He took huge risks by appearing at all. I just think he had do it sparingly and pick his moments. *shrugs* I'm sure if Sam had needed him, he'd have been there.

Comment

Daniel had a prime opportunity in Metamorphosis to visit sam but didn't. But the reality was that MS was only signed for a limited number of appearances and the choices seemed to be to focus on the Jack/Daniel relationship and then I'm sure MS' friendship with CJ had a lot to do with him appearing in changeling. In the same way, when RDA came back for his guest shots there was again the focus on Jack/Daniel and then the producer's own focus on putting Jack into SGA rather than his shots being on SG1 as he'd assumed (rda said himself when he signed for a certain number of guest shots he'd assumed he'd be with is first family or something like that, instead of the second family of sga.....he made assumptions and the producers obviously had other ideas)

I do think attitudes and temperaments have changed over the years. I also think friendships evolved over the years and perhaps old grudges or feelings have changed. By and large, the actors aren't the same people they were years ago. Events and experiences changed them and their relationships.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jdjunkie View Post
                              I think there were some lovely Sam and Daniel moments throughout the series, although they became fewer and further between in later seasons, which was sad. I always like their interaction in Singularity, the short "what's up?" scene in Forever in a Day and the "gung ho" thing in Space Race. Just moments, but they were really special. Nice chemistry
                              Yes, I missed Sam and Daniel in the last couple of years.They did have a couple of moments in Arthur's Mantle.
                              Though it was good to see some Sam/Cam interaction in Line in the Sand I would have loved to see that with SAm &Daniel.

One of my favorites is in _? (with Martin Lloyd)__ where they're captured by the bad guys and have this whole thing going about "did you draw this? is it a duck?" just their looks and being on the same wavelength is great.

As for "stoopid" Daniel not visiting Sam while ascended: I always took it that Daniel only appeared to his friends in extremis, such as in Abyss for Jack and Changeling for Teal'c. He took huge risks by appearing at all. I just think he had do it sparingly and pick his moments. *shrugs* I'm sure if Sam had needed him, he'd have been there.
                              Yeah, but I still wish there had been a moment where he explains that. Do I recall someone saying that they had filmed a moment like that but then cut it?
                              Last edited by jckfan55; 23 August 2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                Favorite Sam-Daniel friendship episodes?
                                Originally posted by Jolinar_of_Malkshur View Post
                                Agreed - yum! I really like 'Singularity' as a great Sam/Daniel friendship episode - they really do melt my heart in their scenes together in this ep ?
                                Loved the early friendship moments in Singularity.

One other that pops into my mind is the scene where Daniel is teasing Sam about the crush Lt. Simmonds has on her. Love Daniel's "ooops" when he's told it is being recorded. Can't recall the ep name.

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                                It bothers me to no end that Daniel explicitly visited everyone but Sam when he was Ascended. Puh. Stoopid Daniel.

I keep thinking about that scene where the remainder of SG-1 is in the briefing room and they're discussing the whole thing, and Jack's like "oh, I've seen Daniel around, y'know..." and Teal'c is all "As have I." And Sam's like "What? When? How?"-- totally stunned and very clearly hurt that *she* has not had a similar experience.

And then they go to the temple in the season finale and Daniel shows up to everyone and Sam gets all excited and Daniel's just all like "Hey, Sam-- oh look! Eye of Ra!"

I can officially say that Daniel lost points in my book during his Ascended stint for how all that went down...
                                IIRC, there was a scene where Sam and Daniel discuss this but it was cut. Whenever I watch Full Circle I think of all the other things they could have cut to make time for this scene. It just frustrates me.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X