Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
    I read in my paper yesterday that the Saudi girl who was in the Judo competition, and her family, are likely to get some very rough treatment when they go home. Even though she had permission, hard liners say that she shouldn't be there and that she has shamed her family and her country. It's very hard to contemplate what it is to be a woman in a strict muslim society.
    Mumsey
    I saw that on a news program last nght - made me wonder how many might try to seek asylum. I'd adopt them if I could.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      I saw that on a news program last nght - made me wonder how many might try to seek asylum. I'd adopt them if I could.
      Seven people from Cameroon have 'gone missing' from the Olympic Village already. There will be more I'm sure.

Mumsey
      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
        Seven people from Cameroon have 'gone missing' from the Olympic Village already. There will be more I'm sure.

Mumsey

That used to happen when rugby teams came from the islands to play in New Zealand.

I hope they are ok, and that they get the asylum they need.
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I'm willing to bet that there were procedures in place and briefings at all the embassies about what to do and how to handle it.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

who thinks amanda's character in 'taken back' is going to be the *good* mother?

i'm torn (and i'm rooting for her to be the good one), but i'm wondering if it's that they're both the good mothers, that they're both victims of losing a child...

so good or bad, and which one are you hoping for?
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              who thinks amanda's character in 'taken back' is going to be the *good* mother?
              i'm torn (and i'm rooting for her to be the good one), but i'm wondering if it's that they're both the good mothers, that they're both victims of losing a child...
              so good or bad, and which one are you hoping for?
              I got a feeling Amanda's character is not the biological mother of Haley...but I'm not so sure it's by any illegal means.
              I wonder if it will be available online after it airs?
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I got a feeling Amanda's character is not the biological mother of Haley...but I'm not so sure it's by any illegal means.
                that's what i'm thinking too.

maybe when her real daughter/child died, her and her husband adopted a child... but they didn't know it was a kidnapped child???

we'll see!
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  that's what i'm thinking too.

maybe when her real daughter/child died, her and her husband adopted a child... but they didn't know it was a kidnapped child???

we'll see!
                  That's exactly what I was thinking! Great minds, great minds. Can't wait to see the movie. Wish I knew how I could. Any suggestions, canadians?

Comment

I hope whoever has the chance to watch Taken Back over the weekend can put some spoilers in here for us...please!!!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

A new tweet from Amanda

Twitter just verified me! Also I'm NOT on Facebook. Whoever is pretending to be me. Please stop. Seems you're pissing people off. Xo
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...zd6o1_1280.jpg She has the best facial expressions!

Comment

Canadian airings for Taken Back

http://www.moviecentral.ca/movies/in...-finding-haley

Comment

I wonder if it will be available online after it airs?
                            I'm hoping I can transfer from my dvr to dvd recorder. Haven't tried it since I got my new dvr, so we'll see.
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

Feeling a bit envious for you lucky North Americans being able to watch Taken Back when it premieres

And a reminder from Amanda about Taken Back

#TakenBack premieres this Saturday August 11 at 8pm on @lifetimetv ENJOY!!!! Xoxo
                              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                                It's pretty bad that the Canadian channel doesn't even list Amanda as one of the stars

Moviecentral is a pay tv channel, so not sure how many Canadians pay for that channnel.
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X