No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my way to the sticks - so I wanted to quickly pop in and wish everyone a happy & safe Easter.

HAPPY EASTER!!
    Love & huggles to all. xoxo
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Replicators!

sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        On my way to the sticks - so I wanted to quickly pop in and wish everyone a happy & safe Easter.

HAPPY EASTER!!

Love & huggles to all. xoxo
        Happy Easter Chelle. Enjoy the great outdoors.
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Which Sci-Fi Series Would You Save: Alcatraz, Awake, Fringe or Sanctuary?

And who knows what’s happening with Sanctuary. The word on the street at press time is… there is no word on the street. In previous seasons it has been renewed way before this. Fans are becoming increasingly pessimistic at the lack of news other than reports that several of the personnel who have been involved with it are now connected with other projects

UPDATE: I’ve been amazed by the response to this poll and would like to thank everyone who has and does participate. I’ve also decided to see if the votes can be directed towards helping a good cause. For that reason I am challenging a major corporation (or anyone who can afford it) to help save children as fans express their desire to see their favorite show saved. I ask that donor to pledge $1 for every vote this poll has received by 12am PST on Easter Sunday (April 8th) to Sanctuary for Kids, the foundation associated with the Sanctuary TV series. If you have influence in such a corporation, please feel free to contact me or, better still, just go ahead and pledge. I’d be happy to add your logo here as recognition and a thank you.

Voted.

Comment

this is one of those things that you can vote more than once. don't know if that's good or bad. i guess good if only sanctuary followers figure that out. but .......
            rocky, what is your source -was that an article somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
              this is one of those things that you can vote more than once. don't know if that's good or bad. i guess good if only sanctuary followers figure that out. but .......
              rocky, what is your source -was that an article somewhere?
              Click on the link, and you'll see.

Comment

DUH! I'VE BEEN THERE TO VOTE SEVERAL TIMES, BUT NEVER BOTHERED TO READ THE ARTICLE. oops-sorry about the caps.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                  DUH! I'VE BEEN THERE TO VOTE SEVERAL TIMES, BUT NEVER BOTHERED TO READ THE ARTICLE. oops-sorry about the caps.
                  Don't worry, we've all been there. (both with the CAPS thing and the article double-take!)

Comment

Spoilered for length.
                    Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                    Which Sci-Fi Series Would You Save: Alcatraz, Awake, Fringe or Sanctuary?

And who knows what’s happening with Sanctuary. The word on the street at press time is… there is no word on the street. In previous seasons it has been renewed way before this. Fans are becoming increasingly pessimistic at the lack of news other than reports that several of the personnel who have been involved with it are now connected with other projects

UPDATE: I’ve been amazed by the response to this poll and would like to thank everyone who has and does participate. I’ve also decided to see if the votes can be directed towards helping a good cause. For that reason I am challenging a major corporation (or anyone who can afford it) to help save children as fans express their desire to see their favorite show saved. I ask that donor to pledge $1 for every vote this poll has received by 12am PST on Easter Sunday (April 8th) to Sanctuary for Kids, the foundation associated with the Sanctuary TV series. If you have influence in such a corporation, please feel free to contact me or, better still, just go ahead and pledge. I’d be happy to add your logo here as recognition and a thank you.

Voted.

Voted as well
                    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                      Spoilered for length.

Voted as well
                      Terra Nova; jk If I could save one it would be Fringe with Sanctuary a close second

Comment

Okay guys, just a question since I need some advice:

Now I got the contact address for Amanda (Thanks to Chelle ), I started my letter to her but all of a sudden I got scared. What if Amanda doesn't like it? :s I mean, the letter is basically to thank her because she had and still has (following my recent crisis of overthinking things) a huge impact on my life, and I want to let her know how grateful I am.
                        Since I'll probably never meet her *sigh* I thought a letter might be nice. But it scares me that she might think that I'm too much rolling around in my own self-pity.

Anyone who can help me?
                        sigpic
                        Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post

Now I got the contact address for Amanda (Thanks to Chelle ), I started my letter to her but all of a sudden I got scared. What if Amanda doesn't like it? :s I mean, the letter is basically to thank her because she had and still has (following my recent crisis of overthinking things) a huge impact on my life, and I want to let her know how grateful I am.
                          Since I'll probably never meet her *sigh* I thought a letter might be nice. But it scares me that she might think that I'm too much rolling around in my own self-pity.

Anyone who can help me?
                          Stop overthinking your overthinking I'm sure she'd be cool about it. Besides, from what I have heard from some reliable sources, she is quite down-to-earth and friendly. Write it. Send it. If you need a letter beta let me know yeah?
                          "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Seriously, listen to Sasha.

I know that there's a tendency to put Amanda on a pedestal and almost worship her and praise her endlessly. And in doing that it does create a 'we're not worthy' feeling. It does support the 'she's so important and I'm not' ideal. But I'm sure she'll appreciate the letter and probably be touched by your story.

She's just a person. A wife, a mother, a friend. Yes, she's generous and sincere and I think would love to get to personally know about some of her fans without the 'proper behavior' sanitizing distance.....even as there is the fact that inappropriate behavior by some fans has necessitated that distance. It has to be there because there are too many with more enthusiasm than respect.

Write your letter. Send it to her. Don't write expecting a response, write with a feeling of closure and catharsis. write as a way to say thanks and to put a lid on a chapter in your life so you can move on.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              Seriously, listen to Sasha.

I know that there's a tendency to put Amanda on a pedestal and almost worship her and praise her endlessly. And in doing that it does create a 'we're not worthy' feeling. It does support the 'she's so important and I'm not' ideal. But I'm sure she'll appreciate the letter and probably be touched by your story.

She's just a person. A wife, a mother, a friend. Yes, she's generous and sincere and I think would love to get to personally know about some of her fans without the 'proper behavior' sanitizing distance.....even as there is the fact that inappropriate behavior by some fans has necessitated that distance. It has to be there because there are too many with more enthusiasm than respect.

Write your letter. Send it to her. Don't write expecting a response, write with a feeling of closure and catharsis. write as a way to say thanks and to put a lid on a chapter in your life so you can move on.
                              Very good advice
                              "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post

Anyone who can help me?
                                Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                                Stop overthinking your overthinking I'm sure she'd be cool about it. Besides, from what I have heard from some reliable sources, she is quite down-to-earth and friendly. Write it. Send it. If you need a letter beta let me know yeah?
                                Good advice.

Having personally met her, I can tell you that you can relax. She was so sweet at DC, and I even told her I was nervous at the autograph session, and when I did that, she held my hands and gave me a nice smile. Just write a nice letter, and just thank her.

Comment

Working...
                                X