Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
    my favorite Sam quote (usually said in almost every episode )

"I have an idea"
    I love all of the quotes everyone has posted but have to say this is my favourite. Why? Because it is the main reason I love the character. Sam is (sadly) a bit of a rarity on TV, a character that shows a woman who has brains and can use them to solve the problem.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Sam....using her brains instead of her boobs to solve the problems of the world.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey, y'all, a little question I got: What's the best/funniest thing that happened to you or something you've seen at a photo-op session with Amanda?

Comment

Never had a photo op with her. Maybe this year!

Maybe you could share with us what the process is like. Is it like an autograph-- in, snap a pic, out? Or do you actually have time to speak with her?

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
            Never had a photo op with her. Maybe this year!

Maybe you could share with us what the process is like. Is it like an autograph-- in, snap a pic, out? Or do you actually have time to speak with her?
            Mine was just shake her hand, and we did a hug pic. She had a firm handshake, and she was super sweet. As for a funny story... a friend of mine at DC had a photo-op with Amanda and Robin, and she wanted a hug pic with her. However, she's much shorter than Amanda (maybe 5'0) and when they did the hug pic, she was trying to get comfortable on Amanda, and it looked like she was using Amanda... as a pillow. If you think about it, you'll know what I mean.

Back at the hotel, we laughed about it. She was my roomie, and to this day, I make fun about the pic because in it, she has a somewhat evil grin.

Comment

the photo ops at at6 will not be rushed like at most cons. almost everybody gets a hug to start,unless you back away or something and you can chit chat for a minute or so, then the photo-and they take a few to make sure they got a good one, then -well, that's it. a very pleasant time especially compared to the other con photo ops where they move you along with a cattle prod.

Comment

i've decided that i would like to make a collection of quotes from amanda(not carter or magnus or other character she's played) just for my own enjoyment. i'd like funny ones and thoughtful ones. i don't know if there is a thread here that would have them. also, if there is any problem quoting here, please pm me with them. thank you in advance for any contributions. it's just a little project to keep me off the street corners at night.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                  the photo ops at at6 will not be rushed like at most cons. almost everybody gets a hug to start,unless you back away or something and you can chit chat for a minute or so, then the photo-and they take a few to make sure they got a good one, then -well, that's it. a very pleasant time especially compared to the other con photo ops where they move you along with a cattle prod.
                  That's good to know. When I had mine at DC (I had 3 of them ) I didn't spen much time chatting withe them because I didn't want to take up their time, and I didn't want to keep the fans waiting. At the autograph session, I had a little chat with Amanda, got her to sign me a DVD, and a DVD for my bestie. I thanked her for all she's done, and asked her if it was OK for me to give her a little gift, she said "yes" and I gave her my snowglobe. Look at my avatar. The big delight is when she showed Robin and Chris, and they started asking me about it.

That was a great few moments for me, and this time when I get a photo-op at AT6, my best friend will be there with me, and it'll be even better than DC.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                    Mine was just shake her hand, and we did a hug pic. She had a firm handshake, and she was super sweet. As for a funny story... a friend of mine at DC had a photo-op with Amanda and Robin, and she wanted a hug pic with her. However, she's much shorter than Amanda (maybe 5'0) and when they did the hug pic, she was trying to get comfortable on Amanda, and it looked like she was using Amanda... as a pillow. If you think about it, you'll know what I mean.

Back at the hotel, we laughed about it. She was my roomie, and to this day, I make fun about the pic because in it, she has a somewhat evil grin.
                    Hmmm...sounds like if I ever get a photo op with Amanda (and I will...someday!), I'll need a different pose. I am just as (5'1"?) short. Ideas?

Comment

Amanda is good at bending over just a bit so your faces are more even.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

How tall is she? I'm horrible at guessing actors' heights. They always seem disproportionate...

Comment

I have never had a chance to meet Amanda or see her at a con. But I love hearing everyone's accounts. Of course, she seems like nothing but WONDERFUL to the fans.

I was watching the scene from Ark of Truth where Sam visits Cam in the infirmary and brings him macaroons. It occurred to me that the moment where she actually hands him the bag saying, "I made these for you!" and smiles that big goofy grin...that was a very "Amanda" moment. I mean, Sam seemed more like Amanda than Sam at that moment. You know what I mean. Don't get me wrong - I love the scene. I especially like the kiss on the cheek - totally adorable. I wondered if other fans can pinpoint certain moments in the show that felt less Sam and more Amanda. Not that Amanda was out of character, but that they allowed Sam to be a little different - maybe goofier or funnier or whatever.
                          Last edited by meredithchandler73; 19 March 2012, 07:37 AM. Reason: incoherent sentence
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                            Hey, y'all, a little question I got: What's the best/funniest thing that happened to you or something you've seen at a photo-op session with Amanda?
                            Everything about every photo shoot with Amanda is funny...it's all just very funny to me...the whole experiece - I giggle far too much when I go to conventions - I can't help it...it's the nerves.
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              Amanda is good at bending over just a bit so your faces are more even.
                              I'm tempted to bring a real soap box along to stand on so she doesn't bend over...I've always wondered what she would think if I were to do that - I wonder if I can get a soap box in London??!!
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                                How tall is she? I'm horrible at guessing actors' heights. They always seem disproportionate...
                                she is 5ft 9inches without heels

Comment

Working...
                                X