No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I'll check it out later when I have a bit more time available.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
      Hey, y'all. So, I'm seeing some people on twitter asking questions on RaoR, and they seem a little worried about it. Some are asking what the movie will be about, what the rating will be, what Amanda will be doing, etc. Given what we've read about it, and what else we know, what do you think we can expect from it and Amanda in the role?
      Well, after seeing "Stuck", I really can't have any kind of expectations whatsoever, except that whatever she does do, it's gonna be awesome. I haven't been disappointed once. But it looks like it'll be a departure from everything else she's done, so I'm excited to see something new.

But let's not forget we also have Space Milkshake to look forward to as well. Heheheh... Aw, man, the comedy has some serious draw for me right now.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
        Here is part 2 of the raw video of the interview Amanda did in Auckland.aa
        Great video; shame she didn't win a "Gemini".
        Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
          Well, after seeing "Stuck", I really can't have any kind of expectations whatsoever, except that whatever she does do, it's gonna be awesome. I haven't been disappointed once. But it looks like it'll be a departure from everything else she's done, so I'm excited to see something new.

But let's not forget we also have Space Milkshake to look forward to as well. Heheheh... Aw, man, the comedy has some serious draw for me right now.
          Well, we knew that. ;p I only ask because of some of the comments I've read, and I'm sure she won't do anything like with Stuck, which btw, from what I understand, wasn't supposed to be used or something. Plus, as we've seen in The Void and Pavor, she uses body doubles.

Comment

Well, we knew that. ;p I only ask because of some of the comments I've read, and I'm sure she won't do anything like with Stuck, which btw, from what I understand, wasn't supposed to be used or something. Plus, as we've seen in The Void and Pavor, she uses body doubles.
            Ahhhmmmm... I'm not so sure she used a double in Pavor. In the director's commentary, it sounded like she had been the one to do most, if not all of it. She was talking how the set cleared out that night until it was just a skeleton crew, out of respect for her, and that the guys who were in that scene with her were stunt guys she knew and trusted from SG-1. I know that in Void she used one, but I'm not sure about Pavor....

As for stuck, regardless of what was meant to be used (I'm using that as a sort of euphemism here, because I'm pretty sure I know what you're referring to, but maybe not), the sheer weight of her character was astounding. So many other actors would have made the role such a caricature, so over the top in stereotypical fashion, but holy crap-- AT just blew my mind.

The character seemed real, I guess. Mind blowing. Absolutely mind-blowing. If you compare AT in her role to the other woman in her role-- The other woman "played" her character-- AT *was* her role. Probably one of the strongest examples of acting I've seen. Ever.

So yes. I'm excited for this new one. Both of them.

Comment

I really hope it won't be anything like "Stuck" - that kind of stuff (nip slip and all) is beneath her

Comment

Ahhhmmmm... I'm not so sure she used a double in Pavor. In the director's commentary, it sounded like she had been the one to do most, if not all of it. She was talking how the set cleared out that night until it was just a skeleton crew, out of respect for her, and that the guys who were in that scene with her were stunt guys she knew and trusted from SG-1. I know that in Void she used one, but I'm not sure about Pavor....
                Yeah, a double was used. In the commentary Amanda talks about making sure the woman is okay with it. I think it was just the long shots though. Can't fake the ones where you can actually see her face.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

As for stuck, regardless of what was meant to be used (I'm using that as a sort of euphemism here, because I'm pretty sure I know what you're referring to, but maybe not), the sheer weight of her character was astounding. So many other actors would have made the role such a caricature, so over the top in stereotypical fashion, but holy crap-- AT just blew my mind.

The character seemed real, I guess. Mind blowing. Absolutely mind-blowing. If you compare AT in her role to the other woman in her role-- The other woman "played" her character-- AT *was* her role. Probably one of the strongest examples of acting I've seen. Ever.

So yes. I'm excited for this new one. Both of them.
                  Oh, no, part of the Pavor scene was a body double, but most of it overall was her. It says a lot when most of the crew leaves for her, out of respect, and because they don't want to see her like that. (((Amanda)))

Yes, I know that she used a body double in The Void, but I think I read somewhere that because of the way Stuck was shot, it was impossible to get a BD in there or something like that. I think her character really nailed it at the end, and gave us a real insight as to why she's the way she is, and the pain she feels inside. It check goes to prove AT can nail any scene.

The thing is-- just the things I've read on twitter about her character and what could happen. I mean I highly doubt it'll be at Stucks level () and I'm sure she won't do anything graphic. I mean, she used a BD for The Void and Pavor, so I'm sure she'd use one in RaoR if needed.

Comment

Oh, no, part of the Pavor scene was a body double, but most of it overall was her. It says a lot when most of the crew leaves for her, out of respect, and because they don't want to see her like that. (((Amanda)))

Yes, I know that she used a body double in The Void, but I think I read somewhere that because of the way Stuck was shot, it was impossible to get a BD in there or something like that. I think her character really nailed it at the end, and gave us a real insight as to why she's the way she is, and the pain she feels inside. It check goes to prove AT can nail any scene.

The thing is-- just the things I've read on twitter about her character and what could happen. I mean I highly doubt it'll be at Stucks level () and I'm sure she won't do anything graphic. I mean, she used a BD for The Void and Pavor, so I'm sure she'd use one in RaoR if needed.

Stuck was filmed on weekends as an acting exercise. I'm not so sure people were even paid. So there wasn't exactly money in the budget for a body double.
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I'll be more interested to see if she has an interesting character to play.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                        I really hope it won't be anything like "Stuck" - that kind of stuff (nip slip and all) is beneath her
                        Beneath her? I don't agree. The character was well-developed, if a little crazy, and she had enough depth that it felt like a real person. I'm trying to think of an example of a role that may fall into the category of "beneath her", but for the life of me I can't think of one. Even in the cheesy, campy sci fi movies on cable, where the characters are all so laughable, when I imagine her in one of the roles there, I imagine she'd bring an instant gravitas to it. Even if it was zany, crazy, unrealistic part, I think the way she'd approach it would give it credence.

If that makes any sense. And I love that she'd didn't shy away from the gritty stuff in Stuck. I mean, how often do we see actors and actresses who always seem to play the same character? Even when they're trying to break out of that by doing something completely out there, in many cases it's like they're their usual characters trying to be the character they're supposed to be in the random movie. But with AT, I don't ever see that.

Comment

I don't think roles like that are beneath her. I think she, like many actors, don't want to get stereotyped and 'shoved' into always filling the same roles. They want to explore and do different things and roles.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            I don't think roles like that are beneath her. I think she, like many actors, don't want to get stereotyped and 'shoved' into always filling the same roles. They want to explore and do different things and roles.
                            i've seen 'stuck'. there were parts that i cringed a bit, but more that i was impressed with. the sex scene was shot, to me, in a bit of an exploitative way, as were a couple or so other scenes. in my opinion, that movie could have been better (and better received) with a different director.

amanda's part at the end, where her character is explaining what her rotten dad did to her... i was *very* impressed with amanda acting there. that scene made the movie for me.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I haven't heard of "Pavor".. I went to Amanda's website and didn't see it listed there, either. Is this film along the same lines as Void?

Comment

Pavor refers to Pavor Nocturnus, a Sanctuary episode

In the Void, she did have a body double. The movie's producers insisted that it had to have nudity in it. AT is strict about not doing nudity, so she got to 'cast' her 'boob double'. SHe tells a con story about shooting stargate and going out side to look at polariods of boobs and bums and getting to choose the body parts that would double as hers....years later she found out that she knew the actress that was her boob double.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X