No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've loved some of the henry/magnus scenes this season. At first he was pretty 'yes, you're the boss' and deferred to her, but recently he's very much her equal and they've had some great exchanges, snarking back and forth in a fun banter.

there are days when I could honestly deal with Will going part time and Henry stepping up more as second in command.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      ive been watching Downton Abbey and it was a big deal when Lady Sybil learned how to cook. Now she was the daughter of an earl, however it was simply 'not done' for ladies of a certain station to even know how to boil water. and this was 1914ish. Long past Helen's childhood
      I love Downton Abbey! Yes that was a very controversial moment, however as Chelle said Helen has never really conformed to what society says her station should be.
      I believe that while Helen may not cook very often I do believe she would most certainly know how to do it if she had to.

As for Will/RD, I like Will as a character, but I have to admit that some of RD's comments and antics as getting a little tiresome for my liking. But maybe he doesn't mean anything by it, maybe it's who he is?

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

there are days when I could honestly deal with Will going part time and Henry stepping up more as second in command.
        I like that idea!

Comment

For those interested . . .

You are Invited . . .

by the amazing and talented XFChemist

Sig and Avi to use and share.
          Spoiler:

Comment

I've loved some of the henry/magnus scenes this season. At first he was pretty 'yes, you're the boss' and deferred to her, but recently he's very much her equal and they've had some great exchanges, snarking back and forth in a fun banter.

~reposting b/c agreeing~
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Just thought you might like to know there is a new blog up at S4K -
              Sauvlyne's Hope: Haiti, Two Years Later
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                You know, all this talk about RyRo and RD have gotten me thinking. Which is sometimes a bad thing-- but has anyone else noticed how in comparison to the obvious admiration RyRo has for AT, RD seems to try to one up her a lot? I've noticed in some of the convention footage that he goes on about being #2 on the call list, and maybe it's his wry approach to things, but his humor seems slightly negative at times. Maybe like he's tired of being in her shadow, or something?

I really hope it's just how he's coming off, and not how he really is, (partially because I don't like think that AT would let anyone treat her like that), but it's something I've noticed in later interviews and conventions, in comparison to the earlier seasons.

Now I'm struck by the easy-going affection/adoration/admiration RyRo seems to have for AT, since we didn't really get to see him and AT interview much together. Hmmm.... Maybe that's part of the reason seeing Magnus work with Henry so much this past season was so refreshing and nice. IMHO, their chemistry is purer than Will and Helen's chemistry... Sure it's partially the characterization there, but in this show, a lot of it has to do with the chemistry between actors too.
                I just think that is RD's sense of humour and that he does not mean anything negative by it. I have a sarcastic sense of humour and sometimes have to explain it to people so they don't think I am being serious.

I have met RD a couple of times. The first time was when he came to a Gateworld dinner held in conjunction with a Stargate convention. It was fairly late at night after a long day of filming and I thought it was very generous of him to come (as did RR, CH and EU). I have also met him on set tours. Even though he was done filming for the day, he stuck around to sign autographs and pose for photos. I also thought he was quite quiet on set around strangers. Perhaps he was just focused on acting or perhaps he is really a bit shy. Maybe the antics at cons are to cover his shyness, it would not be unusual if that was the case. Generally, I found found him to be very nice. Having said all that, I too am a bit tired of the dropping of the pants, although I would point out that he has never done that during a set tour to my knowledge.

RR is also very sweet and, again, very generous with his time in relation to the fans. I loved how at TSE he asked the fans to sign his souvenir bag. First time I've ever been asked for my autograph by a celebrity!
                Last edited by EH-T; 19 January 2012, 12:39 PM. Reason: Just realised i said I "meat" RD. Freudian slip? :p

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  I just think that is RD's sense of humour and that he does not mean anything negative by it. I have a sarcastic sense of humour and sometimes have to explain it to people so they don't think I am being serious.

I have meat RD a couple of times. The first time was when he came to a Gateworld dinner held in conjunction with a Stargate convention. It was fairly late at night after a long day of filming and I thought it was very generous of him to come (as did RR, CH and EU). I have also met him on set tours. Even though he was done filming for the day, he stuck around to sign autographs and pose for photos. I also thought he was quite quiet on set around strangers. Perhaps he was just focused on acting or perhaps he is really a bit shy. Maybe the antics at cons are to cover his shyness, it would not be unusual if that was the case. Generally, I found found him to be very nice. Having said all that, I too am a bit tired of the dropping of the pants, although I would point out that he has never done that during a set tour to my knowledge.

RR is also very sweet and, again, very generous with his time in relation to the fans. I loved how at TSE he asked the fans to sign his souvenir bag. First time I've ever been asked for my autograph by a celebrity!
                  I agree. When I met him at DC, he was very nice, cool and he was good with fans. When I was in the line for the AT/RD photo-op session, he walked by us fans twice, once he was like: "What's going on here, folks?" And the second time he was like: "It doesn't get any better than this, everyone." And he was pointing at himself while he said that.

And at the autograph session, after I gave Amanda her little gift, she showed Robin and Chris () and he started asking me questions about it, and he seemed interested about it. One more thing, at the Sunday panel when I got up there to ask a question, before I got a chance to speak, he points at me and says" Who ever that is, I like you." Even if he didn't see/remember me from the previous days, he knew it was a fan getting up there, and he wanted that fan to feel comfortable. He's a nice guy, and I think he's a good actor, and if I could go back and do the DC con again, I'd like to get to know him better.

Comment

@amandatapping Inspiring story @sanctuary4kids: Check out our new blog with a story of hope from SOPUDEP in Haiti! https://twitter.com/#!/sanctuary4kid...412608/photo/1 Many Thanks!!

@amandatapping Watching the stunning @JewelStaite in #TheLAComplex. Reminds me of those heady days at The Highland Gardens. You are amazing baby! Xo

Comment

Is it bad that I get disappointed every time AT tweets but doesn't give word about a Sanctuary S5? Heheheh...

Comment

Fic rec

Show: Stargate SG-1

Rec Category: Sam and Daniel friendship
                        Characters: Daniel Jackson, Samantha Carter, Jack O'Neill, Teal'c
                        Het/Slash/Gen: Gen
                        Warnings: none
                        Author on LJ: stringertheory

If you like Sam and Daniel playing 'separated at birth' along with Jack being, well Jack, this is fun. It's not too long but a fun read.

http://stringertheory.livejournal.com/203118.html

(Disclaimer, this was posted on a ficrec community on LJ and I largely c/p it here...except for the why)
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                          Is it bad that I get disappointed every time AT tweets but doesn't give word about a Sanctuary S5? Heheheh...
                          Yes, you've got it bad. A severe case of Sanctuary withdrawal - now listen to a doc and go watch a couple of episodes

Comment

@amandatapping Hello! RT @JewelStaite: Meow! RT: @MeaghanRath: @JewelStaite guess what would be better though. Waking up NEXT to me and @amandatapping

Comment

What 11 Stargaters have been up to since the series ended

Amanda Tapping, aka Samantha Carter, Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis
                              "Though she is most recently known for her starring role in the Syfy series Sanctuary, Tapping is also filming a quirky indie sci-fi flick called Space Milkshake, along with Smallville alum Kristin Kreuk. The movie follows the crew of a run-down space station and their zany misadventures when they come into contact with a mysterious device. No release date has been announced, but it's likely coming at some point this year once distribution is worked out."

Comment

@amandatapping I LOVE IT!! Thank you. Xo RT @missykala Hey @amandatapping look what I made you <3 hope you see it and love it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBWBjRbyMTY

Comment

Working...
                                X