I
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
        I actually like how they handled Ashley's death. They had a whole episode devoted to Helen kind of accepting the death as permanent, and then throughout the rest of the seasons they made frequent references to her. In comparison to other shows, where characters are never ever shone on screen again (think Pru in "Charmed") or essentially forgotten (think Kate in "NCIS"), Sanctuary has broken the mold on character deaths.
        I have to disagree with you on this point. Not only did they devote an entire story arc to catching her killer and dealing with her death, but in subsequent episodes and seasons she has been referred to and missed many, many times. Did you quit watching?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          I have to disagree with you on this point. Not only did they devote an entire story arc to catching her killer and dealing with her death, but in subsequent episodes and seasons she has been referred to and missed many, many times. Did you quit watching?
          I still watch NCIS. But for several seasons they didn't mention her at all past the general introduction of Ziva. I was surprised when they did the sister arc (I actually liked that part. Kinda sweet.), because it was a little out of left field. It's been almost five seasons, and they don't refer to Kate like Sanctuary does with Ashley.

And that's not to mean I don't like how they handled Kate. I actually loved it. It was perfect for the show. The team said their good byes, and found some measure of peace with her death, and the type of show that it is doesn't necessarily allow for the kind of homages that Sanctuary can. I mentioned it because if Sanctuary had gone the NCIS route, without adjusting for the differences between the show, then it wouldn't have done Ashley justice.

But they did adjust for the differences, and so they did do her justice.

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS SAMANDANS EVERYWHERE! MANY THANKS FOR THE FUN THROUGHOUT THE YEAR. xo *hugs*
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              MERRY CHRISTMAS SAMANDANS EVERYWHERE! MANY THANKS FOR THE FUN THROUGHOUT THE YEAR. xo *hugs*
              Ditto

I hope everyone has a great Christmas with family and friends
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Ok, so the Monsoon kiss - what does the other girl say after Helen says 'Dear God'? It starts with an 'm'... ??? Is she asking if Helen is mad?
                Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS
                  EVERYONE!!!!!!!
                  caps

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                    Ok, so the Monsoon kiss - what does the other girl say after Helen says 'Dear God'? It starts with an 'm'... ??? Is she asking if Helen is mad?
                    I think it was her asking it the kiss was completely horrible, you know, all self-conscious like, but I don't the exact words. I think Skydiver has a transcript floating around somewhere. Try the episode thread over in the Sanctuary forum...

Comment

I think she said "Mad?", afraid of Helen's reaction and not knowing if she'd be okay with the sudden kiss.
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Thanks to Chelle, Mumsy, scifithinker, mamasue, and Angela for the cards
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          I think she said "Mad?", afraid of Helen's reaction and not knowing if she'd be okay with the sudden kiss.
                          I thought it was "bad?" - which could stand for either "was the kiss bad?" or "was it bad that I kissed you?"
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            Are they really?! I suppose it's progress that at least girls are allowed to play with legos these days.
                            Thank goodness for Sam Carter. That girls *and boys* watch up seeing a woman who can be a "girl" and a scientist and physically capable.
                            LOL, I remember reading an article about a computer programmer or engineer Barbie doll that had a hot pink laptop. I thought it was neat that they had made that type of Barbie, but laughed at their choice of color.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            I just read the DeLuise interview on the main page. I do agree with him that it was good to see Sam being loved. Unfortunately with the way they wrote Pete, he wasn't the right guy. I don't know who the right guy (oh, oh, I've enraged some penguins now )would have been--but not Pete.
                            Yeah, I thought that he had a goofy sort of charm that I think Sam was have found appealing, but the whole walking out/background check stuff was unnecessary IMO. It would have been more interesting I think if Pete had remained unaware of the Stargate program, with Sam perhaps struggling with not being able to tell him what she really did for a living.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            i know what you mean about if they'd shown helen's true grieving...

but i just remember feeling 'wtf' when in the next ep, they had helen seeming totally fine... i'd have liked to have seen her struggling with depression. little things, like not wearing make up, or wearing the same clothes for a few days, going to bed early/sleeping in late... just those little things to show that this mother was struggling to continue life without her child.
                            IMHO, Helen was far from 'totally fine' in Eulogy, not sleeping, not eating, seeing hallucinations of Ashley, etc. Plus even into S4 Helen gets choked up at almost every mention or reference to Ashley. While I still don't like that Ashley was written out of the show, it's hardly a case of 'out of sight, out of mind' regarding the character IMHO.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            Ditto, have a happy holidays everyone!

sigpic

Comment

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Be safe and have fun this weekend
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                                IMHO, Helen was far from 'totally fine' in Eulogy, not sleeping, not eating, seeing hallucinations of Ashley, etc. Plus even into S4 Helen gets choked up at almost every mention or reference to Ashley. While I still don't like that Ashley was written out of the show, it's hardly a case of 'out of sight, out of mind' regarding the character IMHO.
                                i'm talking about the ep after that, after the death storyline was finished. i 'think' it was the guy in the bug suit ep that had helen seeming pretty good.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X