Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

Goodfairy, beautiful advent wreaths! Please explain though. I thought with advent a different candle is lit each day/night. Kinda like the calendars where a box is opened each day until Christmas eve. Do these wreaths function in the same way? I didn't see enough candles so am guessing no, but I've been wrong before!
    I'm not sure if Goodfairy is still around, but here's what I know about advent wreaths. There are four candles--one for each Sunday before Christmas. Since Advent is supposed to be a time of reflection--like lent--the traditional liturgical colors are purple and pink. Purple for the first, second, and fourth Sundays before Christmas, and pink--as a sign of hope--for the third. But obviously, you can do whatever you want at home. On the first Sunday, you light the first one, on the second Sunday, light two, on the third, three--including the pink one if you're using the religious colors, and all four on the fourth.

Advent calendars such as you mention were originally German, but they've obvious spread.

And...can I just put in a reminder that the 12 days of Christmas are not the 12 days leading up to Christmas, but the 12 days from Christmas to Epiphany on January 6? I know that non-religious people celebrate Christmas. It's just a pet peeve.

Bucky

Comment

I'm grateful for a wonderful family and dear friends, for a job that brings me satisfaction if not great wealth, and for reasonably good health that allows me to enjoy both. I am grateful for a comfortable home in a free society where I have enough for my needs plus a bit more to share with those less fortunate.
      sigpic

Comment

Okay, this is a little random after all the Giving of the Thanks, but I wanted to put this out here before I forget. *Again.*

So here it is, answer at your leisure!

Does anyone have footage of AT doing the V-monologues? I read that she did one, and I've been hoping some vids of it were floating around out there, but I haven't found any yet...

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
          Okay, this is a little random after all the Giving of the Thanks, but I wanted to put this out here before I forget. *Again.*

So here it is, answer at your leisure!

Does anyone have footage of AT doing the V-monologues? I read that she did one, and I've been hoping some vids of it were floating around out there, but I haven't found any yet...
          I was lucky enough to be there but they did not allow any video taping of the event, sorry
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

For those that signed up, I just sent the christmas card exchange addresses.

So if you didn't get the PM, please let me know and I'll resend it to you.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              I was lucky enough to be there but they did not allow any video taping of the event, sorry
              Was she any good?

Stupid question, huh?

Comment

lol yes she was very funny and she came out and met her fans afterwards. The second show, at a different venue we got together to have a picture taken, and Amanda snuck up behind the person with the camera and surprised her, then joined us in the picture

Yes she is a very talented person and very nice
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  lol yes she was very funny and she came out and met her fans afterwards. The second show, at a different venue we got together to have a picture taken, and Amanda snuck up behind the person with the camera and surprised her, then joined us in the picture

Yes she is a very talented person and very nice
                  And I suppose no one was smart enough to capitalize on making and distributing official DVD recordings of it?

One of these days I'll get myself to an event like the ones where you can actually talk to her. Like Gabit. Or Armageddon. Or something. The autograph line at Dragon*Con just doesn't yield the same stories as some of your guys' tales.

And you know... it says something about the community on here where I feel like I can admit to wanting to do an event like that without getting the weird looks I would have gotten from my family, if I'd told them the same.

Comment

@Sam1Helen @AmandaTapping #Sanctuary Season 4: The Sci Fi Show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMEZmwUuM-Y

Thanks, SH.

Comment

I have to re-order my copy of Dancing Trees there was a problem with the shipping I'm reordering it tonight I hope it works out second time around
                      sigpic
                      (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                        I have to re-order my copy of Dancing Trees there was a problem with the shipping I'm reordering it tonight I hope it works out second time around
                        Me too. Maybe it's an Aussie thing. I've tried several times & have emailed them about it. Still waiting for a reply. Let me know how you get on.
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

After spending the day talking to my Sri Lankan coworker, I am grateful to live in a country where I can head to the polls tomorrow knowing that even if it doesn't go the way I want, it is a fair election. There is no major corruption and I can place my vote without fear. I am grateful that every adult has the right to do so. I am also thankful to be born in a country where as an adult I am free to live my own life with no chaperones or arranged marriages being pushed on me, unlike my coworker.
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Recording events isn't always that simple. The people that put it on have to pay for the rights to put it on, and would have to pay more to allow and sell videos. Often just isn't worth it.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              Recording events isn't always that simple. The people that put it on have to pay for the rights to put it on, and would have to pay more to allow and sell videos. Often just isn't worth it.
                              I suppose I can appreciate that... But I'm still gonna pout a bit.

All right. I'm done.

Heheheheh....

Comment

OT
                                Spoiler:
                                Thank you, Celandine.
                                Thank you the help, Bucky. Yes, this is the Advent. I like this season of the year. My sons are little yet, and they wait Santa Claus.
                                Last edited by Goodfairy; 25 November 2011, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X