No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, the 3rd annual Shorty Awards are back, so let's get our Amanda nominated this year. And best of all, they're are several categories to choose from and you can nominate in any of them. So, let's do this for her. http://shortyawards.com/

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      Hey! There is another Wood nymph here
      Silvia was most popular in the year 1974 (#497), is currently ranked # 992 in U.S. births (ow well, I'm not American )
      My mum chose that name 'cause her dad was called Silvio

Ah, there is a very famous Italian poetry called "A Silvia" by Giacomo Leopardi (but I hate it cos I'm DEAD in it! )
      Wood nymph! Wood nymph!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post

No, was it not that it was her Grandma's special name for her, so Amanda doesn't like anyone else to use it or something like that. I'm sure I read/heard that somewhere.

Julia(samcarterrules)
        That's sweet.

There are various nicknames for my name, but I don't like most of them. I often have tell people I don't like the one they usually pick.

I wonder what Tapping Tuesday...Thursday? questions she'll answer.

I don't do twitter but if I did, I might ask something about clothes. In the commentary for Kali she said she didn't like the way the dress fit or wore over the day or something. I thought it looked fine, though. I wonder if there are other outfits Helen wears that *we* think are cool but *she * didn't like?

Also--when does Helen get time to shop?

Comment

Originally posted by xfchemist View Post
          hey! There is another wood nymph here
          silvia was most popular in the year 1974 (#497), is currently ranked # 992 in u.s. Births (ow well, i'm not american )
          my mum chose that name 'cause her dad was called silvio

ah, there is a very famous italian poetry called "a silvia" by giacomo leopardi (but i hate it cos i'm dead in it! )
          lol!
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
            was chatting with friends last night and somehow we got onto the topic of what names mean and started looking up a bunch of names... we all agreed that amanda's is very fitting!

http://www.babynames.com/name/AMANDA
            I looked up some of the names in my family, and came up with:

Janice - God is Gracious (yep, that's me alright)
            Margaret - Pearl (my middle name, and my Mom's name)
            Glen - wooded valley (my Dad)
            Judy/Judith - from Judaea (my other sister)
            Carol - form of Charles (my sister)
            Bruce - from the town of Bruis (my brother)
            Anna - Gracious, Merciful (my Aunt)
            Bernard - Bold as a Bear (my Uncle)
            Tiffany - Appearance of God (my niece)
            Miranda - Admirable (my grandniece)

According to the 1990 United States Census, Janice ranked as the 66th most popular female first name.

Comment

Thanks Celandine and Hisg1fans. They both look great, and they mean a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                There was a funny story about when she was cast. when they do casting, they have casting agents that usually get it down to a dozen or less potential actors (that's if they do an open call), or if they have a short list and get it down to that handful, then they do screen tests with the producers and existing stars of the show. In this case it was Rick and Brad and Jon Glassner i think (rick i know for sure) and amanda was there with the other potential Sam's, and she stands next to rick and he goes 'so, can i call you mandy?' and her reply 'only if i can call you dick'

she got the job
                actually, if i'm remembering right, rick asked if he would call her babe, and that's why the snarky 'dick' reply happened. (i think i'm remembering right)
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  actually, if i'm remembering right, rick asked if he would call her babe, and that's why the snarky 'dick' reply happened. (i think i'm remembering right)
                  you're right, it was babe and dick
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    That's sweet.

There are various nicknames for my name, but I don't like most of them. I often have tell people I don't like the one they usually pick.

I wonder what Tapping Tuesday...Thursday? questions she'll answer.

I don't do twitter but if I did, I might ask something about clothes. In the commentary for Kali she said she didn't like the way the dress fit or wore over the day or something. I thought it looked fine, though. I wonder if there are other outfits Helen wears that *we* think are cool but *she * didn't like?

Also--when does Helen get time to shop?
                    was that the one where she talked about picking hte linen dress and then regretting it as filming progressed?
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      you're right, it was babe and dick
                      Either way, it's a funny story! I love hearing those anecdotes!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        Was that at the audition? I thought Rick said something along the lines of "Can I call you Mandy?" and Amanda said "Only if I can call you Dick".
                        Not sure if I read it or if it was on a special.
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

99.44% certain he asked if he could call her babe.
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                            99.44% certain he asked if he could call her babe.
                            No, no, I believe it was Mandy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                              No, no, I believe it was Mandy.
                              http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...age&pageid=148

"He read a line (at her final audition) and asked me, 'What do ya think, babe? You don't mind if I call you babe?' I said, 'No, if you don't mind if I call you Dick.'
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

So... who said Mandy first?

Comment

Working...
                                X