• Show
Clear All

a child is a precious gift...and i bet your mom felt the same way
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      This is fun http://www.babynamewizard.com/voyage...=f&exact=false

I like typing in names like Shiloh, Maddox and Knox... they just spike out of nowhere as they suddenlt become cool names. Wonder why?
      neat haha, why indeed

@amandatapping A very happy new year to everyone!! May 2011 bring you everything you need. Thank you for a wonderfully loving 2010!! Namaste xoxo
      Last edited by katjoy; 31 December 2010, 07:24 PM.
      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

oh i forgot to say happy new year samandas
        sigpic
        The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

sigpic
          (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
            ^ oh ouch, poor marian we also found out claudia means 'lame'

katrina means 'pure'

oh and check out what olivia means - its too cute
            I found Elaine means Light and in french means Helen
            sigpic
            (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Yeah- Elaine, Eileen, Ellen, Helen... all the same name.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

^ like Kathryn, Catherine, Katrina, Kate, etc

cute banner elaine
                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                  ^ like Kathryn, Catherine, Katrina, Kate, etc

cute banner elaine
                  Thanks Kat!

Catherine is my middle name
                  sigpic

Comment

Sam Carter didn't make the the make the list of Sci-Fi TV's Top Action Heroines but Helen Magnus did.

If you think it belongs in the Sanctuary section too let me know.

Others on the list include Dana Scully, Xena, Jo Lupo, Myka Bering and Diana Prince/Wonder Woman.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

^ how is it that someone from pretty much every major sci fi show there is made the list but sam didnt

Comment

probably because Sam hasn't been on an active show for a while
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think it's more to do that they had Amanda's Helen character, mentioning Sam in this write up and in Teyla's write up. They probably didn't want to mention one actress twice...but that's just my guess
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

im not happy with that list i mean as much as i like teyla when you consider she spent most of her time on atlantis being wallpaper how on earth did she beat sam? also buffy should of been on the list imo but i was happy to see susan ivanova from babylon 5 on the list because she is one of the best female characters ever.
                            sigpic
                            The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              probably because Sam hasn't been on an active show for a while
                              Given that a minimum of 13 of those named are not on active shows anymore and haven't been for a while (some in a very long while), I can't agree with this. At least two of those named were on shows that haven't been active in more than 20 years. Sam is very recent, and so is Teyla. Only about 4 or 5 of those named are on currently active shows. I have no problem with AT being mentioned twice. They could have put her in as "Sam Carter and Helen Magnus", as one entry.

Comment

^ ^ Agreed Hedwig.

Oh, this is kind of random, but I think it's funny. You know those cookie cooling racks? I've been using one as a platform for my laptop. Much quieter (and cheaper) than a laptop fan. And the laptop just does not get hot.
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X