Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    *sigh*
    I just have to get this off my chest

Spoiler:
    NO MORE SNOW!
    PLEASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

*now back to your regularily scheduled program*
    Here ya go Mandy, dear. Ice covered lighthouse on Lake Erie Just been a wee bit chilly in the lake region.

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
    hehe

the 10th anniversary collectors plates come in sam, jack, daniel, tealc and s10 cast... they have been out for quiet a while and are very hard to get your hands on (only 144 sets)... ive been checking at every con ive been to lately and have been scrawling ebay for a long time and finally found someone who had one...

heres a photo of the entire set someone had on ebay a few months ago:

clicky:

and thanks! it was a blast

congrats neep!
    I got the anniversary set when it first came out. I also have the original set. I admit to having a bit of a collector bug. I have SG, XF, Sanctuary and Sisters stuff. The entrance to my house is the full two story height. It's all covered with posters.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Hopefully nothing will change here. When SG1 went, GW was still here. I think that so long as there are fans and people who want or need a place to play and chat about the show and other scifi shows like Sanctuary, WH13 etc, there will always be GW.
      Agreed. I wasnt here when GW began, but I think it has morphed into a completely different animal than what it began as. As Chelle as said, there are quite a few threads here about other shows as well as numerous SG-1 related threads that continue to draw people into the forum. GW will be here for quite awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
        I got the anniversary set when it first came out. I also have the original set. I admit to having a bit of a collector bug. I have SG, XF, Sanctuary and Sisters stuff. The entrance to my house is the full two story height. It's all covered with posters.
        coolies we have the collectors bug too... we have stuff all over the house!

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
        Agreed. I wasnt here when GW began, but I think it has morphed into a completely different animal than what it began as. As Chelle as said, there are quite a few threads here about other shows as well as numerous SG-1 related threads that continue to draw people into the forum. GW will be here for quite awhile.
        i also agree with everyones assessment that GW wont be going anywhere!
        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Hey guys I have been lurking lately...just wanted to pop in and comment on the future of GW.. I think it'll stick around as long as Darren wants to keep it running.. He probably will post an announcement or something in the next few day reassuring us, because I bet he is getting a ton of e-mail and PM's from worried GW addicts like us

PS: Loving the newest season of Sanctuary and at least there is some good news in that we should see another season of Sanctuary!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

And here I thought you were perfect.

Heh, you will know just how flawed I am when I serve you your cognac in a port glass instead of slightly warmed in a brandy balloon as I KNEW IT SHOULD BE.

The stress of it all makes me want to stay at home and knit.
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

ok, i finally finished uploading the sydney con photos tonight... will start uploading the melbourne ones tomorrow... but in the meantime here are my sydney photos!

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...dney%20111210/

i have also completed the meetings portion of my con report... this is an abridged version, as im sure you can all appreciate we (helenmagnus23, kidwizz and myself) wish to keep moments relating directly to amandas family private from travelling all over the net... so while the report contains certain events it does not contain specific or total conversations... i will post the panels portion of my con report as soon as it is done...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by katjoy; 17 December 2010, 03:54 AM.
              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Hey Kat - can't get your pictures to upload - keeps taking me to some weird page. Sorry.
                Thanks for the report - yay!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hey Kat - can't get your pictures to upload - keeps taking me to some weird page. Sorry.
                  Thanks for the report - yay!!
                  all fixed and youre welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                    ok, i finally finished uploading the sydney con photos tonight... will start uploading the melbourne ones tomorrow... but in the meantime here are my sydney photos!

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...dney%20111210/

i have also completed the meetings portion of my con report... this is an abridged version, as im sure you can all appreciate we (helenmagnus23, kidwizz and myself) wish to keep moments relating directly to amandas family private from travelling all over the net... so while the report contains certain events it does not contain specific or total conversations... i will post the panels portion of my con report as soon as it is done...
                    Wow and wow, love the pics. Kat, that was one of the best reviews I've ever read. It was so well written and detailed, it really game me personally a good idea of how awesome it was. And yeah,
                    Spoiler:
                    Amandarific sounds like the right word to use.

Comment

Aww, wonderful report Kat, thank you for sharing! You go from zero pictures with Amanda to lots of them ... lol. Awesome.
                      sigpic

Comment

I wish - but no.
                        Woke up to not so good news about SGU - I know not everyone likes it but it's cancellation marks the end of Stargate on our screens. Kinda like and end of an era. So sad.
                        I'm still watching SGU. This season has been pretty darn good. Getting back to SG-1 good even. It will be a different world without Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                          Awesome 'unofficial' news of Sanctuary being renewed. Yay!

Been getting LOTS of cards in the mail lately and wanted to give a shout out to 2Shy, Evenstar, Valerie, Chelle, and Janice. Thanks so much for the Holiday cheer!

My cards arent in the mail yet, but will be soon. I've been concentrating on studying and exams so you might be getting New Year's greetings instead.
                          Me to, lots of cards: thanks to Ames, Sky, Chelle,Julia, Hedwig (across the canal), Sanna, Valerie (lovely letter),Kat, Evenstar--I love getting Cjristmas cards. All mine have finally gotten mailed after getting a new computer. (Yesterday the furnace quit, too, but I got lucky and the repairman came right away1

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year everyone!!!

donamac xoxo etc.

Comment

nice report kat.
                            sigpic
                            The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Thanks for the con report, Kat. It sounds like it was really special.
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                                Wow and wow, love the pics. Kat, that was one of the best reviews I've ever read. It was so well written and detailed, it really game me personally a good idea of how awesome it was. And yeah,
                                Spoiler:
                                Amandarific sounds like the right word to use.
                                aww, thanks rocky it was a completely special weekend, and amandarific was the best word i could think of to describe it

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                                Aww, wonderful report Kat, thank you for sharing! You go from zero pictures with Amanda to lots of them ... lol. Awesome.
                                thanks lies! and youre welcome i know right! i love my pix so much

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                                Me to, lots of cards: thanks to Ames, Sky, Chelle,Julia, Hedwig (across the canal), Sanna, Valerie (lovely letter),Kat, Evenstar--I love getting Cjristmas cards. All mine have finally gotten mailed after getting a new computer. (Yesterday the furnace quit, too, but I got lucky and the repairman came right away1

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year everyone!!!

donamac xoxo etc.
                                glad it arrived, and youre welcome

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                                nice report kat.
                                thanks chrono

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                                Thanks for the con report, Kat. It sounds like it was really special.
                                no probs and yes, it was extremely special

HAPPY BIRTHDAY helenmagnus23!
                                have an amandarific day
                                Last edited by katjoy; 17 December 2010, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X