Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    I

LOL, but AT has tweeted more than once that maybe Helen and Tesla have gotten it on in the past.
    Only in Nikola's dreams.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    I won't press this too far coz I know not many would agree with me but I don't understand why it's not possible for Helen to love again. Yes she has lost a lot of people she has loved and she knows this will continue for as long as she lives but does that mean she simply gives up on love again...ever? I'm inclined to think that almost sounds too unrealistic. You can't help who you fall in love with...so how does Helen avoid falling in love with someone for fear of losing them - eventually? I'm just not totally convinced.
    I could see her not seeking a relationship at this point in her life but falling for someone anyway--but still they'd never measure up to John. Because John was her big love and his wonderfulness (before he went Ripper ) is fixed in her mind. If she could only have the old John back...

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post

It's a good point you're making Chelle. And of course you can't help who you fall in love with, but I get the feeling Helen is very guarded about her feelings and about getting people too close to her. Maybe because she feelt that heartache of loosing someone dear to her so many times. It's getting harder and harder each time to let someone get that close again. That's my two cents worth anyway.
    Yes, I agree. I think the Magnus we saw in the webisodes was even more guarded and you got more sense of the pain and loneliness, imho. (speaking in general, not re: Ashley) But I guess they decided for the series they had to lighten her up a bit more quickly. I like how AT played the scene where she tells Will her age etc. even better than how she did it in the series. And I love Helen saying "praytell?"

But also, given the workaholic Magus is, it must be hard to maintain a relationship.
    Last edited by jckfan55; 16 September 2010, 01:47 PM. Reason: fix post

Comment

Happy Birthday Katjoy

Even if it is a day late for you...

you know, due to the solar flares and ah the revolution of the sun, you are actually younger in our time zone

so ends the quantum physics...quantum mechanics....ah quantum drinking on my part
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
        *splash* Where the heck did that gutter come from?
        HORMONES, that have been riding a rollercoaster for some time!!

Spoiler:
        peri-menopause

I won't press this too far coz I know not many would agree with me but I don't understand why it's not possible for Helen to love again. Yes she has lost a lot of people she has loved and she knows this will continue for as long as she lives but does that mean she simply gives up on love again...ever? I'm inclined to think that almost sounds too unrealistic. You can't help who you fall in love with...so how does Helen avoid falling in love with someone for fear of losing them - eventually? I'm just not totally convinced.
        i LOVE ship, so i agree!

*splash* Sally!!!
        sally

sigpic

Comment

I think helen is less 'i'll never love anyone but john' and more 'i just don't have the time or energy to have both a mate and run the sanctuary, and the sanctuary comes first'
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            I think helen is less 'i'll never love anyone but john' and more 'i just don't have the time or energy to have both a mate and run the sanctuary, and the sanctuary comes first'
            Unless said mate is part of the Sanctuary, like Will, Henry or... THE BIG GUY
            /runs off

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              According to this, a new season of Innerspace starts tonight, and this is from the site-

"Armed with a fresh new look, hot new series and big-buzz events, genre experts Ajay Fry and Teddy Wilson resume their posts as the dynamic hosts of the SPACE original nightly series, INNERSPACE, beginning September 16. Taped from SPACE headquarters in downtown Toronto, Canada’s leading genre after-show returns locked and loaded to deliver an action-packed half-hour, four nights a week. Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday at 11 p.m. ET, INNERSPACE follows fan favourites SANCTUARY, SUPERNATURAL and STARGATE UNIVERSE. Thursday nights feature a special, 45-minute edition starting at 11:15 p.m. ET, following the critically acclaimed cult-hit, BEING HUMAN."

Does anyone know if Sanctuary will be mentioned tonight? EH-T?
              Nope, according to FB, tonight's episode will be all about Being Human.

Comment

which one? the BBC version or the scifi version?

sigpic

Comment

which one? the BBC version or the scifi version?
                  I believe they are showing the BBC version.
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Happy Birthday Kat!
                    Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
                    Happy birthday Kat!
                    Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                    Happy Birthday Kat!!

Hoping you have a wonderful day of spoiling and fun!
                    Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                    Happy Birthday Kat!
                    Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    Happy Birthday Katjoy

Even if it is a day late for you...

you know, due to the solar flares and ah the revolution of the sun, you are actually younger in our time zone

so ends the quantum physics...quantum mechanics....ah quantum drinking on my part
                    thanks heaps for all the bday wishes!

i went to see tim mcgraw in concert and it was awesome! he is so full of energy and really involves the audience - shaking hands and venturing into the audience... i was 6 seats across from the front of the 'T' part of the stage... but i managed to get over to the stage and lean on it while he was sitting on the middle front of the 'T' for one song and he shock my hand 3 times! *sighs* brilliant night, best b'day ever

and mandy thanks for the quantum drinking lesson
                    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

sounds like you had a great night

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        I believe they are showing the BBC version.
                        which will proably be the best version. I don't trust skiffy to skin and sex it up to the point that it's just cheesy

sigpic

Comment

which will proably be the best version. I don't trust skiffy to skin and sex it up to the point that it's just cheesy
                          that's what i'm afraid their influence will try to do with sanctuary.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

there is a big difference from 'independent show distributed by skiffy' and 'made by skiffy', which being human is

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                              According to this, a new season of Innerspace starts tonight, and this is from the site-

"Armed with a fresh new look, hot new series and big-buzz events, genre experts Ajay Fry and Teddy Wilson resume their posts as the dynamic hosts of the SPACE original nightly series, INNERSPACE, beginning September 16. Taped from SPACE headquarters in downtown Toronto, Canada’s leading genre after-show returns locked and loaded to deliver an action-packed half-hour, four nights a week. Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday at 11 p.m. ET, INNERSPACE follows fan favourites SANCTUARY, SUPERNATURAL and STARGATE UNIVERSE. Thursday nights feature a special, 45-minute edition starting at 11:15 p.m. ET, following the critically acclaimed cult-hit, BEING HUMAN."
                              Rocky, it's my guess that this press release has (remnants of) old information from before Sanctuary moved from Tuesday. They typically do recaps for the shows at 10pm. That would be SGU. Sanctuary will be at 9pm on Friday.
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

there is a big difference from 'independent show distributed by skiffy' and 'made by skiffy', which being human is
                                glad to hear.

but do you think syfy can pressure them too much, to the point that they're losing their vision of the series?
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X