Clear All

Didn't know Amanda is having Bday on Saturday! *goes all happy and fuzzy*
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
      hello there samandan newcomer... you cant sneak off that easily
      No AT fan can.

well let me put it this way, i enjoy my job, its great... but reading about my job is not the most interesting thing to do on the planet... but it will be worth it in the end as i will be a member of a professional accounting body...
      Good, I'm glad you have a passion for it, it seems.

poor kat indeed, i dont know how i shall survive the squeeing that is
      I'm sure Amanda will keep you coming back for more.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        Emma commanded a simulation and couldn't remember how to close the shuttle bay doors, but decided to finish anyway. They burnt up in the atmosphere
        LOL, oh dear! I think my brother ended up stranding his crew in space since he'd used up all the fuel trying to get the shuttle to make a loop.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        I went when I was 15. I did the 10 day "Space Academy" for high school student-geeks. My friends are still jealous of me even though I am not doing anything nearly astronaut-like these days.
        Now you've got me jealous of you too! Seriously though, that's awesome.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
        *sneak in*

*first time in this thread! *

*shares love for Sam*

*sneak off*
        Welcome!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        Yes. It's one thing to arrive on another planet via the GAte, but another to see earth from space. I like in The Devil You Know or Jolinar's Memories where we see in Sam's room as a kid, the Matt Mason astronaut doll. Good attention to detail in those days.
        Yeah, that was a nice touch. And I like that it didn't really take much time, a mention of Matt Mason in the pilot and then the short arc of Jacob trying to get her into NASA, and they'd set up this great backstory of Sam dreaming of being astronaut as a young girl and joining the Air Force in part to help make that happen.

Okay, this calls for Death Knell vid pimpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-EAqvq1IAY
        Very nice vid! That's one of my favorites episodes as well. And I like it especially because even though that pull out shot with Sam, Jack, and Teal'c on the planet could have been a nice closing shot for the episode, they took the time to add-on that lovely Sam and Jacob moment at the end, bringing the episode full-circle from the first scene with those two.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
          1. Now you've got me jealous of you too! Seriously though, that's awesome.

2. Very nice vid! That's one of my favorites episodes as well. And I like it especially because even though that pull out shot with Sam, Jack, and Teal'c on the planet could have been a nice closing shot for the episode, they took the time to add-on that lovely Sam and Jacob moment at the end, bringing the episode full-circle from the first scene with those two.
          1. Here's a couple of pics I scanned in a while back. Am I aging myself by saying this was in the days before digital cameras?
          Spoiler:

2. Thanks! This is really one of SG1's more lyrical episodes, along with 100 days, which is next on my rewatch. It might also be next on my vid list.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

1. Here's a couple of pics I scanned in a while back. Am I aging myself by saying this was in the days before digital cameras?

2. Thanks! This is really one of SG1's more lyrical episodes, along with 100 days, which is next on my rewatch. It might also be next on my vid list.
            Love the pictures! Working at NASA was one of the things I really, really wanted to do when I was (much) younger. It's also among the many things I never did get to do. I just wanted to work there; I knew there was not a chance in you-know-where that I'd ever get to be an astronaut, so working at NASA in some capacity would have been the next best thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              Good, I'm glad you have a passion for it, it seems.
              yep, i think its important to enjoy your job, and i definately enjoy mine...

I'm sure Amanda will keep you coming back for more.
              amanda will have me in stitches from all the laughing!
              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Spacecamp!
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Canadarm!! Cool! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  Love the pictures! Working at NASA was one of the things I really, really wanted to do when I was (much) younger. It's also among the many things I never did get to do. I just wanted to work there; I knew there was not a chance in you-know-where that I'd ever get to be an astronaut, so working at NASA in some capacity would have been the next best thing.
                  Me too! My brother wanted to work in Mission Control and I was going to be on the medical team that checked out the astronauts before their missions. Sadly the closest we're going to get to that is reciting the 'Go, No go' countdown from Apollo 13.

But can you imagine how much Sam was geeking out at getting to ride in the shuttle? Hee

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                    Spacecamp!
                    Yeah. To this day *cough* years later, it's still one of my favorite life experiences.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                    Canadarm!! Cool! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
                    Yes! That was the job I wanted to do when I became an astronaut. LOL. Okay things have changed but I, apparently, knew even at 15 that I was supposed to be Canadian.
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Hey everyone,

I finally finished a draft of my report for college so I thought I would come and play here for a while.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                      *sneak in*

*first time in this thread! *

*shares love for Sam*

*sneak off*
                      Welcome to the thread!!
                      Okay, this calls for Death Knell vid pimpage
                      Great vid! I love that episode!
                      Awesome photos! That looks so cool! I always wanted to do something like that but I don't think my wheelchair would be very practical LOL.

I'm doing a Stargete re watch with my friend as he hasn't seen all the episodes (I know shocking isn't it LOL.) Anyway we were watching the episode "Fire and Water" and we were having a minor debate, I was arguing that, why was Sam the only one to be sedated when they were quite clearly all in distress be it in different ways. I suspected that Sam was sedated because she was deemed to be more vulnerable because she was at that stage 'the girl'. My friend disagrees.
                      What do you guys think? Do you like that scene?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I think it was more, being new to combat and losing people, sam was more emotional than Jack or Teal'c. Teal'c's very survival often rested on hiding emotions. Jack we know is good at hiding things. Sam was new and was visibly upset.

I do think they also used AT as the 'let's show the audience the emotional impact' person.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          I think it was more, being new to combat and losing people, sam was more emotional than Jack or Teal'c. Teal'c's very survival often rested on hiding emotions. Jack we know is good at hiding things. Sam was new and was visibly upset.

I do think they also used AT as the 'let's show the audience the emotional impact' person.
                          i agree with this
                          sigpic
                          The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

As it is officially August 28 here...

Happy Birthday
                            Amanda!!
                            Tappinator extraordinaire!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              As it is officially August 28 here...

Happy Birthday
                              Amanda!!
                              Tappinator extraordinaire!

it's still afternoon here!
                              Are we going to celebrate?
                              sigpic
                              My vids Sig made by me