Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
    ..I'm not used to go on the Sg forum, and got quick lost, so I post this little drawing here, hope you'll like it xD
    http://zouilletmf.deviantart.com/art...cute-175697812
    What an absolutely wonderful drawing. I love it! Do you do other SG1 characters?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      Well, wouldn't want to get your fingerprints on anything anyway. I think on one of the extras when RD takes you through the sets/stages there is a sign "please don't walk on dressed sets"--so they have to warn the cast & crew too!

Something to visualize. cool.
      I didn't touch anything (well, unless you count the actors, touched them! )

It is partly for our safety. Especially where they are filming there are cables running all over the floors, there is stuff everywhere and they don't want visitors to be hurt (although you do sign a waiver anyway ). They also want to be able to tell us about things as we go along. Part of it is to make sure we don't take pictures of anything or go anywhere that may be off limits. For example, we were not allowed to take pictures of any sets that have not been shown on TV yet.

You also have to be careful with the green screen sets. They usually have green on the floors and the only ones allowed to walk on it with regular footwear are the actors in costume. All others have to wear booties over their shoes or just wear their socks so they don't scuff up the green.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        What an absolutely wonderful drawing. I love it! Do you do other SG1 characters?
        I just did a Sam and Jack one and some portraits of Amanda/Sam, but that's all.
        Last edited by MissCheerfully; 17 August 2010, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          You also have to be careful with the green screen sets. They usually have green on the floors and the only ones allowed to walk on it with regular footwear are the actors in costume. All others have to wear booties over their shoes or just wear their socks so they don't scuff up the green.
          Helen's high heels alone probably take quite a toll on those floors!

Comment

...and the bad guys
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              ...and the bad guys
              A stilleto to the head does seem quite painful.
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

Amanda has just finished her regular #TappingTuesday on Twitter, it's posted in the Twitter thread for your convenience.
                -

Comment

Spoiler:
                  @amandatapping Fun #TappingTuesday questions this week, Tweeps! Let's go!

@amandatapping Q #1) @JumpyAlienNerd Did you have to give @RyRobbins pointers on how to do technobabble since Henry is the resident technogeek?

@amandatapping A #1) NO, he's awesome! And when he complains I say "10 yrs RyRo! 10 yrs!" And he stops.....

@amandatapping Q #2) @MemeLeigh14 Will Tesla continue to be up to his troublesome antics in Season 3?

@amandatapping A #2) Oh yes! He's back and more troublesome than ever. Love him!!!

@amandatapping Q #3) @MeJammsy If Magnus was brought up as a Victorian lady, who taught her to fight and when?

@amandatapping A #3, pt 1) She learned over the years from various masters. She travelled to many remote villages to hone her skills.

@amandatapping A #3, pt 2) Plus she's addicted to Jackie Chan movies!

@amandatapping #TappingTuesday has been opened up to our awesome Facebook Sanctuarians starting this week, so I've got a couple of answers for them, too!

@amandatapping FB Q #1) @Fadil Harkness - Can I clone you?

@amandatapping FB A #1) Sweet! If you figure out how, let me know. I need more hours in my day.

@amandatapping FB Q #2) @Claire Cowan - Would Helen go through a Stargate if she had the chance?

@amandatapping FB A #2) Oh, she already has. She found it amusing.

@amandatapping AND a great bonus question this week!!!!: @ Chris Gauthier - who was your favorite guest star that has the name "Chris Gauthier

@amandatapping Bonus A) OMG! We had a guy called Chris Gauthier and he was the most awesomest....ever......

@amandatapping Great fun this week, tweeps!! See you next week!!! xoxox

Wow, best TappingTuesday ever! Yet again, Amanda goes above and beyond for her fans.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                    Made me all sniffly. Poor Dr. Carter But also, her awful wig was a little distracting. Okay, a LOT distracting. I didn't notice it the first time through, but it kept screaming at me this time.
                    yeah poor dr carter oh yeah, the wig is bad!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    Yes, we did! Not that we weren't completely trustworthy. However, it is their policy to have someone with us at all times.

Today's AT tidbit: AT mentioned how much she loves Helen's office, as do all the cast and crew. She said that she will often sit on the window seat to read her scripts.
                    awwies, nice image and helens office is awesome!

Today's Canadiana tidbit: there was an air hockey game in Will's office. I'm not sure that is part of the normal set dec or whether someone just had it in there to play between takes. I will have to re-watch Sanctuary episodes that show Will's office to see if I can see it anywhere. AT also pointed out that the first time she saw Will's office was when she was directing Veritas. She had them add the windows to the office because she wanted more light.
                    interesting... youll have to let us know your findings

Since it is Tapping Tuesday, here is today's bonus AT tidbit (): AT was originally scheduled to direct the first episode of season 3 but decided she needed the opportunity to get back into the character of Helen. She was then scheduled to direct the first episode back from hiatus which would have meant we would have had the chance to see her direct during our tour (interesting to all except Jumble who I'm sure would have been disappointed not to see MW direct). That got changed as well so she was then set to direct episode 13 I believe.
                    oh yes, jumble would have been very disappointed indeed...

thanks for the stories eh-t

..I'm not used to go on the Sg forum, and got quick lost, so I post this little drawing here, hope you'll like it xD
                    http://zouilletmf.deviantart.com/art...cute-175697812
                    very cute indeed

I just did a Sam and Jack one and some portraits of Amanda/Sam, but that's all.
                    id love to see them!

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                    Amanda has just finished her regular #TappingTuesday on Twitter, it's posted in the Twitter thread for your convenience.
                    10 years ryro! LOL priceless
                    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      ...and the bad guys
                      Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                      A stilleto to the head does seem quite painful.
                      I can see it now...lets not worry about damage to the floor but the damage those heels can do the the bad guys...stiletto in the head indeed!
                      Thanks for the laugh. I needed that.
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Looking forward to seeing her photo:
                        An annual tradition has begun in support of the fight again Breast Cancer and finding a cure...Pin-Ups for Pink is a classy, powerful pin-up inspired calendar featuring a hand-selected group of amazing women. They are strong, beautiful and take a stand – making a difference in our community daily. By building a powerful team, our goal is to use the calendar as a vehicle to raise even more awareness to the disease and reach our fundraising goal of $100,000.00 this year.

This is a project created by women, for women. Each girl will be costumed to compliment her career, charity or passion. Photos will then be graphically retouched, adding pin-up authenticity.

PinUps for Pink is please to announce our 2011 calendar faces. We are so proud and extremely honored to collaborate with such an amazing group of women on a project like this one.

Amanda Tapping...

http://pinupsforpink.blogspot.com/

Comment

^^^ Cool!
                          Though the use of "girl" makes my teeth itch this is a great fundraiser.
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                            An annual tradition has begun in support of the fight again Breast Cancer and finding a cure...Pin-Ups for Pink is a classy, powerful pin-up inspired calendar featuring a hand-selected group of amazing women. They are strong, beautiful and take a stand – making a difference in our community daily. By building a powerful team, our goal is to use the calendar as a vehicle to raise even more awareness to the disease and reach our fundraising goal of $100,000.00 this year.

This is a project created by women, for women. Each girl will be costumed to compliment her career, charity or passion. Photos will then be graphically retouched, adding pin-up authenticity.

PinUps for Pink is please to announce our 2011 calendar faces. We are so proud and extremely honored to collaborate with such an amazing group of women on a project like this one.

Amanda Tapping...

I used to do a fundraiser here called the run for the cure in support of breast cancer research. However, as I now dragon boat (for cancer research in general) and do a walk for ovarian cancer research, I had to give up something. This will be a way to still contribute. Thanks.

P.S. I'm glad they will have a paper version for the luddites!

Today's AT tidbit: she was not in heels for the scenes we saw being filmed but did have a leather jacket on. Given it was about 30 degrees C outside (and humid) and probably hotter inside the studio, I'm not sure how she could stand the heat. All the actors had little fans that would go on as soon as the scene or rehersal was finished. They would also start larger fans and did have a large tube pumping air conditioned air into the studio. However, they couldn't run those during rehersals or the filming because of the noise. We were sweating but we didn't have to stand under the lights so felt bad for all of them.

Originally posted by suse View Post
                            ^^^ Cool!
                            Have to agree there.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                              ^^^ Cool!
                              I was more distracted by the use of "compliment" rather than "complement."

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post

Amanda Tapping...

Wow, this sounds really good, and something AT would do.

Comment

Working...
                                X