X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realmofx View Post
    ywca women of distinction awards
    amanda won the connecting the community (people’s choice) award

quote: “i truly believe that every child on this earth deserves the same start and the same opportunity.”

http://www.miss604.com/2010/06/ywca-...-ceremony.html
    YAY! CONGRATS TO AMANDA!

such awesome news and such a great cause helped! lovely quote

Originally posted by rocky89 View Post
    @amandatapping won the ywca connecting the community award!! $10,000 to crabtree corner. Helping single mothers and their children. Yeah you!! Thank you!!

that's awesome, what she is doing for those people is so huge and wonderful. oh, here's the first pic of her from the event. http://www.flickr.com/photos/miss604/4661897689/
    very awesome! she so deserves it, and i agree, its great to see her recognised for what she gives back to the community!

@amandatapping Thanks everyone!! Super inspiring night! Now for the 5 am call!! Zoinks!! Xoxoxo

zoinks - how cute, hehe...
    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Congrats to Amanda on winning the award.

Tempering my happiness, strangely enough, is the thought of those women who didn't win the popularity vote and more importantly, the charities and people who won't be helped out as a result. I know it's not logical, but I wish they all could have won.

Comment

Sadly, there are always more causes and needs than money
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The list has been posted and Amanda will once again be a presenter at the Leo Awards.

http://www.leoawards.com/presenters.html

Comment

Looking at the nominations, Sanctuary and SG Universe are going head to head for most of them. Interesting awards evening coming up.

Mumsey
            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

well done amanda for winning the award it must be great for her to be appreciated for something other than just her acting especially as it was voted for by the people.
              sigpic
              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

(((amanda)))

well deserved win!
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                  CONGRATULATIONS AMANDA!

And thank you to all her fans for supporting her along the way. I got the tweet at work and thought this was the start of TappingTuesday but this tweet was just awesome! I'm really happy she won and that Crabtree Corner will benefit from this. Thank you also to YWCA for making this possible. Here's to next years event.
                  At least she doesn't have to worry about answering one of my tweet questions now - I asked if she was going to attend the YWCA event on Tuesday night - guess that's a given now!

Is now waiting for the pics from the event!
                  Well said, Chelle. We helped her win, and in a way I suppose we helped Crabtree Cornor get the money too. I think we all help make this happen, so we should congrats ourselves.

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                  YAY! CONGRATS TO AMANDA!

such awesome news and such a great cause helped! lovely quote

very awesome! she so deserves it, and i agree, its great to see her recognised for what she gives back to the community!

@amandatapping Thanks everyone!! Super inspiring night! Now for the 5 am call!! Zoinks!! Xoxoxo

zoinks - how cute, hehe...
                  I'm so happy for her and the charity, once again, the world benefits from her existence. She is such an inspirational woman in so many ways

Awesome tweet.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

Tempering my happiness, strangely enough, is the thought of those women who didn't win the popularity vote and more importantly, the charities and people who won't be helped out as a result. I know it's not logical, but I wish they all could have won.
                  Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Sadly, there are always more causes and needs than money
                  I know what you mean, you're glad there's a lot of money to give to a lot of people who need it, but at the same time you wish there was no one to give it to.

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                  The list has been posted and Amanda will once again be a presenter at the Leo Awards.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  (((amanda)))

well deserved win!
                  Duh.

Comment

Nah, I just wish things weren't all based on popularity. I believe there were some very worthy causes each of the women supported, but due to the fact that they were up against another who was a media 'superstar' and more in the limelight, and hence likely more well known by the general public, all the other women and their charities paled in comparison. Think about it. We voted only for Amanda based on her status as a rockstar. We can't say we solely voted for her based on her generous nature in helping charities and those in need. I believe all the women were the same in this passionate regard.

Anyways, kudos to Crabtree Corner and the recipients who I'm sure will be much appreciative of this donation. They're the real winners.

Comment

Nah, I just wish things weren't all based on popularity. I believe there were some very worthy causes each of the women supported, but due to the fact that they were up against another who was a media 'superstar' and more in the limelight, and hence likely more well known by the general public, all the other women and their charities paled in comparison. Think about it. We voted only for Amanda based on her status as a rockstar. We can't say we solely voted for her based on her generous nature in helping charities and those in need. I believe all the women were the same in this passionate regard.

Anyways, kudos to Crabtree Corner and the recipients who I'm sure will be much appreciative of this donation. They're the real winners.
                      Well, all of those charities were great, and if AT had lost, Crabtree Corner would not have gotten that money. Out of all those women nominated, only 1 could win, and the same with the charity, but regardless of who wins or loses, a worthy charity still wins.

Comment

YAY TappingTuesday Q&A's.

Spoiler:
                        @amandatapping Q #1) @KSenderowska - Hi Amanda! How you're doing? I'd like to ask what is your favourite proverb/saying? Love, Katie.

@amandatapping A #1, Part 1) Wow that's hard. Here are my top three:

@amandatapping A #1, Part 2) Never doubt that one person can change the world. Indeed that is the only thing that ever has.

@amandatapping A #1, Part 3) It takes far less energy to be kind than it does to be mean.

@amandatapping A #1, Part 4) Treat everyone with respect and kindness. Everyone.

@amandatapping Q #2) @skitzoeinhoven - Magnus has long blonde curly hair in the beginning, why did she decide to become a brunette?

@amandatapping A #2) Quite simply, she got bored. I hope we visit her redhead phase!

@amandatapping Q #3) @Sachi_bear/@dipsofjazz/@jumpyaliennerd/@orientalLilly We know that Helen is a tea drinker - what is your preference tea, coffee, etc?

@amandatapping A #3) Tea. Absolutely. At home I only have tea. But our hair makeup trailer has the best coffee on set. So I indulge.

@amandatapping Bonus Q) @JamieHallet - Amanda, I know you are a theatre lover, but what about musical theatre? Have you ever done any musicals?

@amandatapping Bonus A, Part 1) No I've never done a musical. Well, I did play Oliver in 6th grade and I was in grease.

@amandatapping Bonus A, Part 2) But I'm not a confident enough singer. Except in my car!

@amandatapping Thanks for being patient, and for more great questions!! We'll do it again next Tuesday! xoxo

Amanda totally rules!

Comment

Not illogical.

I wouldn't say the votes were just because she's Amanda, they were in support of her work with S4K and other charitable organizations. She's dedicated a lot of her time and helped to raise a lot of money over the years to help many people. That's deserving of recognition. The advantage that she had in this particular situation is that people are aware of her work on an international scale and not just in the Vancouver area. There may have been people that voted for her purely because of who she is, but I don't think that would be true of most.

It would be wonderful if all the charities involved could have received help through this event. It's a fantastic thing that they are doing, recognizing the hard work of all those inspirational women. Hopefully, all of the organizations will benefit from the additional publicity.
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post

coolies

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                            I'm so happy for her and the charity, once again, the world benefits from her existence. She is such an inspirational woman in so many ways

Awesome tweet.
                            she is indeed inspirational!

i agree, all the women in the category were equally worthy of nomination, but given that amanda is the best known worldwide it was almost guaranteed she would win... and while im not saying she didnt deserve to win, because she totally deserves to be recognised for her commitment to the community, at the end of the day it was a popularity contest... all the women were winners its just that amandas got a larger fan base...

all the women in the category should be proud of their work and it would have been nice to see a smaller amount go to a charity of each of their choices simply because they were choosen as being the most significant contributors to the community for the year...

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                            YAY TappingTuesday Q&A's.

Spoiler:
                            @amandatapping Q #1) @KSenderowska - Hi Amanda! How you're doing? I'd like to ask what is your favourite proverb/saying? Love, Katie.

@amandatapping A #1, Part 1) Wow that's hard. Here are my top three:

@amandatapping A #1, Part 2) Never doubt that one person can change the world. Indeed that is the only thing that ever has.

@amandatapping A #1, Part 3) It takes far less energy to be kind than it does to be mean.

@amandatapping A #1, Part 4) Treat everyone with respect and kindness. Everyone.

@amandatapping Q #2) @skitzoeinhoven - Magnus has long blonde curly hair in the beginning, why did she decide to become a brunette?

@amandatapping A #2) Quite simply, she got bored. I hope we visit her redhead phase!

@amandatapping Q #3) @Sachi_bear/@dipsofjazz/@jumpyaliennerd/@orientalLilly We know that Helen is a tea drinker - what is your preference tea, coffee, etc?

@amandatapping A #3) Tea. Absolutely. At home I only have tea. But our hair makeup trailer has the best coffee on set. So I indulge.

@amandatapping Bonus Q) @JamieHallet - Amanda, I know you are a theatre lover, but what about musical theatre? Have you ever done any musicals?

@amandatapping Bonus A, Part 1) No I've never done a musical. Well, I did play Oliver in 6th grade and I was in grease.

@amandatapping Bonus A, Part 2) But I'm not a confident enough singer. Except in my car!

@amandatapping Thanks for being patient, and for more great questions!! We'll do it again next Tuesday! xoxo

Amanda totally rules!
                            loved tapping tuesday! her fave quotes were inspirational and so spoke to the type of person she is... loved the magnus' redhead phase comment, hehe! and i sing in my car to!

i also liked that amanda thanked us for being patient by waiting a day for the Q&A's even though she isn't obligated to give up her time... very sweet of her...
                            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Old interview, but just posted. Much longer than most, it's a great read.

http://rdanderson.com/stargate/lexic...-06-amanda.htm

Comment

Actually, I based a lot of my vote on the charity she chose - I thought prevention of child poverty outweighed affordable housing...and I mean that in the sense that I put the kids first before worrying about the house...if that makes any sense. And had Amanda not been nominated, there was another lady there I would have gladly supported. But Amanda got my vote coz of more than her being a rockstar. But that's just me.
                                Besides, the popularity vote was just one win...there were other winners that night.

Hope all Samandans are safe tonight. So sad what happened in Whitehaven. Brings back memories of what happened in Port Arthur.
                                Take care everyone, stay safe and hug your loved ones.
                                (((Samandans)))
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X