Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    It's just a silly little pole of those who have met Amanda Tapping (the Real Amanda) and those who have met The Other Amanda ... aka antoa (Amanda No The Other Amanda)
    Oh.... *gets jealous of people*

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      Cold Lazarus
      The team discovers a crystaline alien species with the capability of assuming human form. O'Neill comes to terms with the death of his son.

This was a Jack-heavy episode so I'll have to go back to watch it again as I can't off the top of my head remember anything Samnificant about this one.
      samnificant - i like

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      Cold Lazarus

I always liked her expression when Jack is locked up and we see him pacing the room, finally losing his rag and yelling into the CC camera "Get me the HELL outta here!" She looks as though she probably laughed after the shot was finished. If you watch her when comical things are going on in episodes, you can see when she is trying not to laugh. Her eyes get really big. URGO is a case in point.

Mumsey
      ive noticed this when watching funny scenes as well... its classic watching amanda trying desperately not to burst out laughing in the middle of a take...
      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        sigpic

Comment

some of us have just been in the fandom longer than you have is all.

I've had my photo taken with any that i wanted over the years and through the cons.

Take 10 years of con experiences and they start to add up.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I've had my photo taken with any that i wanted over the years and through the cons.

That's a long way ahead me!!
            sigpic

Comment

which is why some of us know others or actors, etc. we've just had years to make the acquaintances is all.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wasn't it in Cold Lazarus where Sam mentions her niece and nephew? I liked that scene- the attempt at casual conversation with Jack when she saw the picture of his son. I think that might be the first time she mentioned any of her family.

NC

Comment

*gets jealous w/ you* lol I wish I would've come across this show way earlier (not that it would make much difference since i was 3 yrs old when they started SG-1)
                  sigpic
                  My tumblr

Comment

it's not exactly like i'm in awe or 'omg, is that!!!!!!!!' i just.....I'm not an outgoing person, unless i'm in a comfortable situation. so i tend to just clam up and step back.

bad habit of mine
                    i understand where your coming from i am painfully shy.
                    sigpic
                    The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

heehee [for Keaira since we LOVE leather ] hey here's Sam (& of teal'c)... IN LEATHER!

Spoiler:
                      sigpic
                      My tumblr

Comment

I have fond memories of watching her visiting the studios of Coronation Street when she came for AT1. She certainly does understand how it feels to be a fan.

Mumsey
                        Right, I had forgotten that she is also a huge fan of CS (she and my Mom would have lots to talk about).

Good point Sky. It is a combination of how long one has been in fandom and what stage of life you are at. I would never have known about conventions if it were not for stumbling onto GW. I missed all the Gatecon events because I was late coming to GW. My first meeting with AT was at AT3 and she had done lots of cons before that. I'm sorry I won't get to the final Gatecon this year because it is close (but not close enough) to The Sanctuary Experience and Meet The Man. The other point, as stated, is where you are at in life. For those in school it is obviously hard to come up with the money to go to the events especially because of the travel costs. The online auction things like the set tour, Skype chats or walk ons are beyond the means of most. If you have kids then you have other priorities.

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
                        *gets jealous w/ you* lol I wish I would've come across this show way earlier (not that it would make much difference since i was 3 yrs old when they started SG-1)
                        Tough to attend cons at 3!

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                        i understand where your coming from i am painfully shy.
                        One of the nice things about AT is how great she is in dealing with fans who are shy or nervous or overwhelmed at meeting her. While waiting in line for autographs at my first event I found it fascinating to watch how well she dealt with people.

heehee [for Keaira since we LOVE leather ] hey here's Sam (& of teal'c)... IN LEATHER!

Spoiler:
                        http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/SG-1-S6-Nightwalkers2.jpg
                        I love her scarf.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          Nope, not so different (for a change ). I haven't been nervous meeting her either nor in asking questions nor in making a fool of myself at auctions. But as several people on this thread will attest, my superpower is talking to strangers!
                          I get nervous but I don't let it stop me. Otherwise I never would have met several of my fav actresses, Amanda Tapping, Claudia Black, Charisma Carpenter, Carla Gugino. I would probably hate myself if I hadn't fought that nervousness and done it. Not saying that I think anyone who hasn't done what I've done is wrong or less than, just saying for me, I would have hated myself for not doing the things I've done to meet those fabulous ladies. 9 times out of 10, your favorite actor/actress is just as nervous to meet you (and fellow fans) as you are of meeting them. Focus on that if it will help you over come any nervousness at meeting them.
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Cold Lazarus
                            I always liked her expression when Jack is locked up and we see him pacing the room, finally losing his rag and yelling into the CC camera "Get me the HELL outta here!" She looks as though she probably laughed after the shot was finished. If you watch her when comical things are going on in episodes, you can see when she is trying not to laugh. Her eyes get really big. URGO is a case in point.

Mumsey
                            My thoughts on Cold Lazarus - nice episode!
                            http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/bl...htwalkers2.jpg
                            Hehe...just met Corin Nemic tonight...had dinner with him at a German restaurant - funny night. Loved that episode - nice!!
                            Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            .....If you have kids then you have other priorities.
                            I can vouch for that.
                            (((Samandans)))
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I just registered for AT5!!!!!! So check your email folks for the chance to register they promised at AT4!

(Now I hope I can actually go--Reminder to self: must get more work!!!)

Comment

there apparently was a meteor shower in my area of the country yesterday. Are we sure that's not a cover story for a space battle by SG1?

Comment

Working...
                                X