Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right, jack hurt his knee to account for rick's limp

and it was menace i believe that they were taping. chris was upset so teal'c 'shut up' so to to speak and retreated to the background to make his day easier
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I just checked and it was Menace. It was the stuff where they find Reece that was actually on the day and Chris did what he needed to do to be able to stay working.
      sigpic
      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        I don't know of CJ missing episodes due to injuries, but I swear I heard in a commentary that he has to be careful in running scenes. he did something to his knee in his football days I think and he can't "cut."

I've got to look for those skiing fics now.
        I don't recall where I read it, or if it's true, but I'm remembering something that suggested Chris Judge was the only member of the main four members of SG1 that was in every single episode, even if it was only for a moment.

Though I could be wrong or misremembering. Wouldn't be the first time that happened. Or likely the last.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          I don't recall where I read it, or if it's true, but I'm remembering something that suggested Chris Judge was the only member of the main four members of SG1 that was in every single episode, even if it was only for a moment.

Though I could be wrong or misremembering. Wouldn't be the first time that happened. Or likely the last.
          Actually, he wasn't in Prometheus Unbound. And neither was Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
            Actually, he wasn't in Prometheus Unbound. And neither was Sam.
            Okay, so he missed one episode. I'll amend the statement to say CJ missed the least amount of episodes of the four main stars.

Comment

i think chris is the person who's been in the MOST episodes

i think amanda is second cause she's missed between 5 and 10 (the first 5-6 of s9, then a few others in 10)

Michael missed 18? (even in s6 he was still in eps, both as himself and as thor)

rick missed most of 9 and 10

sigpic

Comment

It's amazing that even though all the actors missed parts of seasons, when I think of Stargate, I still associate the original cast with the show rather than all the others who were brought in to replace (in part) or become a member of the regular cast.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  i think chris is the person who's been in the MOST episodes
                  A much better way of stating it.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                  It's amazing that even though all the actors missed parts of seasons, when I think of Stargate, I still associate the original cast with the show rather than all the others who were brought in to replace (in part) or become a member of the regular cast.
                  Me too.

Comment

I'm the same, if someone asks me to name the cast/characters of SG1 my gut reaction is Jack (RDA), Sam (AT), Daniel (MS), Teal'c (CJ), Janet (TR) and General Hammond (DSD).

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                      Yeah- she's like a proper grown up!
                      Clearly I have you fooled.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                      We all have our moments. I don't think I'd like to work in an office, I like the field work better.

EH-T, what kind of office work do you do?
                      International spy which is why I don't like my picture shown on the internet.

Pretty sure she just hangs around to unjam the photo copier and go out to fetch the coffee.
                      That too. Funny though, here I am on a Sunday and no one for whom to fetch coffee.

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                      That and do sandwich runs... but that's it, not much else really

Yup, pretty much covers it.

Hey Eh-T... can I interest you in a job in New Zealand? I can pay you minimum wage to watch my puppy when he's sleeping and remind him to pull his tongue back into his mouth. Guaranteed 5x the cute as your current dangerous office job. You can choose if that's minimum wage for your province or for NZ (checked... you would be 10c an hour better off if you pick NZ minimum wage).
                      Extremely tempting but a) you do not have enough curling rinks and b) you are too far away from most AT or AT-related conventions.

I was wondering, with all this talk of accidents, what the actors experienced in the years the series was on. What mishaps did they run into? I know the characters were continually hurt in some way or another, but was curious as to any medical emergencies anyone on the show, especially Sam, might have encountered during filming.

-I remember reading MS's appendicitis in Nemesis was based on his 'real-life condition' and written into the script to allow him time to recover.

-Of course AT's pregnancy was written around in the last episodes of season 9.

Can anyone remember any other 'real-life' medical emergencies (or not so emergency) of the actors that the writers had to write around?
                      AT was knocked unconscious by the push in the elevator from Jay Avacone (Kawalski) in The Enemy Within.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89
                        We all have our moments. I don't think I'd like to work in an office, I like the field work better.
                        I worked in offices for many, many years, and shudder when I think about doing it again. Give me a lovely day outside any time and I'm happy. Which is what's outside right now and is calling me to at least do some kind of yardwork just to be out in the lovely fresh air and sunshine. Or go for a long walk on one of the many, many walking trails in the area. A person could get a severe case of spring fever from how nice it is outside right now ... even though it isn't officially spring yet.

Originally posted by EH-T
                        AT was knocked unconscious by the push in the elevator from Jay Avacone (Kawalski) in The Enemy Within.
                        I'd be really surprised if there weren't quite a few work-related injuries to the various cast members over all those years, in spite of whatever precautions may have been in place.

I know it's been discussed numerous times before, but didn't RDA get that scar over his eye from some off-the-job incident?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          I worked in offices for many, many years, and shudder when I think about doing it again. Give me a lovely day outside any time and I'm happy. Which is what's outside right now and is calling me to at least do some kind of yardwork just to be out in the lovely fresh air and sunshine. Or go for a long walk on one of the many, many walking trails in the area. A person could get a severe case of spring fever from how nice it is outside right now ... even though it isn't officially spring yet.

~snip~
                          A bit OT but, this is why we live in the Pacific Northwest! When we get weather like we've had the last few days it's worth all the rain we have to put up with. Yesterday some friends and I drove to MtStHelens where the sky was a heavenly blue and Mt blinding white with fresh snow. Air fresh and brisk. Still have today and Monday before the rain starts to reappear.

I wonder if Amanda was outdoors enjoying the same gorgeous weather with her family

Comment

in rule of engagement, 'sam' suddenly had a scratch on her face, which i'm thinking was a taping injury, and if you notice it comes and goes during the eps because they tape stuff out of order

sigpic

Comment

AT, who is a self-admitted klutz, also knocked herself in the face doing the stunt in Smoke and Mirrors when the house blew up.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Wasn't there one as well where an explosion went off at the wrong time and melted her make up...
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Working...
                                X