Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    Happy Valentines/Singles Awareness Day!

Looking forward to discount candy day tomorrow.
    sigpic

Comment

ah yes, the best thing about V-day, the last chance for clearance chocolate until after easter
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        ah yes, the best thing about V-day, the last chance for clearance chocolate until after easter
        Sounds like a plan
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Mittens.

Have to say I enjoyed the opening ceremonies. Cool light show and fabulous performances especially by Sarah McLaughlin and k.d.Lang. Only bad part was a horrible rendition of O Canada.

I think she would. Since she is one of the volunteers that shows she is interested in the games. Given that and the fact it is in her town I think she would go.

Two things bringing us together, AT and the Olympics.
          That was a pretty bad rendition. For one thing, it was waaaaay too slow. It's not supposed to be a dirge. Most of the rest of the music was great though. Loved the Furtado/Adams duet. And you can never go wrong with McLachlan or Lang. Wasn't too crazy about the Olympic theme. But the tap dancing fiddle players were awesome!

One thing that struck me is the parellel history that the US and Canada have had. We share much of the same geography and native people and we are both countries of immigrants. We have an awful lot in common.

I felt bad for Jenn Heil that she didn't get the gold. She looked so devastated. Not that I'm not happy for Hannah Kearney, but I really wanted to see her get the home gold.

I wish there was more coverage of AT's participation in the welcoming ceremonies! I bet she made all those athletes that are so far from home, feel right at home in Vancouver. And they'll be watching Stargate and Sanctuary when they get home.
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
            Happy Valentines/Singles Awareness Day!

Looking forward to discount candy day tomorrow.
            You and me both. 50% off on Chocolate, the ONLY reason to celebrate this (imho) lame over commercialized holiday.
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
              Hi guys,

I watched the Olympic opening ceremony today, it was wonderful I've learned so much about Canada. EH-T I saw the athletes wearing the mittens, made me squeee!
              My heart goes out to the family of the athlete who died.

Julia(samcarterrules)
              Did anyone else notice the Ori moment? The lone traveller with a staff with a light in the top who walked to the centre and struck the ground causing ripples of light to extend away from him.

(thinks - have I been watching too much Stargate?? Naaa! You can't watch too much Stargate.)

Mumsey
              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                Did anyone else notice the Ori moment? The lone traveller with a staff with a light in the top who walked to the centre and struck the ground causing ripples of light to extend away from him.

(thinks - have I been watching too much Stargate?? Naaa! You can't watch too much Stargate.)

Mumsey
                Um...yes you can
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

Mumsey
                  I noticed the moment and thought to myself "where have I seen that before?". LOL Thank you! You answered the question for me

My favorite part of the opening ceremony was the whales. That was so cool!!

Oh and of course, seeing all the mittens. I like the American's hats and sweaters, but their pants looked like long johns No uniforms have been as cool as the Stetson's and sheepskin coats at Calgary.

Lots of surprise wins so far. I like that, it makes for an exciting games. And I have to say, I'm cheering just as hard for the Canadians to get their first gold as I am for the Americans. And before you ask, no that isn't a contradiction. I can yell for lots of people at once My staff will probably tell you I'm good at yelling at people

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                    And I have to say, I'm cheering just as hard for the Canadians to get their first gold as I am for the Americans.
                    and they have one now! YAY!!!
                    -

Comment

WOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!

Our first gold on Canadian soil,
                      Spoiler:
                      in men's moguls
                      Last edited by Mandysg1; 14 February 2010, 06:48 PM.
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Guys

I know this is probably a moot point, but you know, some folks might be unhappy with spoilers.

I don't care, and i'm not setting policy, and I'm not wanting to harsh your squee...just something to be aware of

sigpic

Comment

I'm watching short programme figure skating... hoping the first Chinese pair win. How cute would that be? Married couple coming out of retirement for one more crack at gold, winning on Valentine's day and Chinese New Year.
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

well, my local station is off the air apparently

so no olympics for me tonight

sigpic

Comment

Our connection to Vancouver seemed to cut at one point but they seem to have fixed it.

Waiting on the Canadian score now...
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

last words i heard was 'the defending champion begins his run.....'

i waited for a bit, ,unplugged and replugged my cable box and then moved on. I'm watching band of brothers from tongiht and i'll check back once it's over.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X