No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just stopping by to announce that the Women of the Gate community has just launched its 2010 Ficathon & Art Challenge. It is now open for prompts.

You can find more information including guidelines and timelines in the Prompt Announcement

We've also updated the Master Fic & Art List here.

Happy prompting!
    sigpic
    Women of the Gate LJ Community.
    My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Hey everyone,

Long time no post, college has been really busy. How's everyone?

Chelle, I love your vids and pics! Very funny!

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
        Excellent!

Are frozen cow pats permissible?
        Sorry, thought it would go without saying, the patties would be frozen because curling is only played in winter and it gets a bit cold on the prairies.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        Curling is actually very popular in Southland. Lots of settlers from Scotland in that part of New Zealand
        I've seen the NZ mens' team in the world championships a couple of times and one of the players is an ex-pat Canadian from my town. Haven't ever seen a NZ womens' team though. Maybe you should start curling and you could be the NZ champ.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
        EH-T, are you calling Amanda old?

Nope, just less young.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post

I nominate you as our official pattie collector.
        Actually, it was discussed as an event at AT5 so I think it falls to one of the G4 to do that. (or hiSG1fans because it was her idea )

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
        Hey everyone,

Long time no post, college has been really busy. How's everyone?

Chelle, I love your vids and pics! Very funny!

Julia(samcarterrules)
        Nice to see you back. You really shouldn't be away so long, you are missing all the important discussions about curling and cow patties.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Nice to see you back. You really shouldn't be away so long, you are missing all the important discussions about curling and cow patties.
          Sorry all, very OT...Curling with a difference....

Spoiler:
          I saw, I like curling, being a Scot...its the one sport we're good at lol. There is a disabled-friendly adaptation to the game too, its played in a sports hall, the curling stone has tiny casters on the bottoms and rolled along the floor or rolled down long ramps if you use a wheelchair, only difference to the adapted is there's no brooms.

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry all, very OT...Curling with a difference....

Spoiler:
            I saw, I like curling, being a Scot...its the one sport we're good at lol. There is a disabled-friendly adaptation to the game too, its played in a sports hall, the curling stone has tiny casters on the bottoms and rolled along the floor or rolled down long ramps if you use a wheelchair, only difference to the adapted is there's no brooms.

Julia(samcarterrules)
            OT curling:

Spoiler:
            We have Wheelchair curling here. Only you play it on ice. No sweeping but you use the regular ice and rocks. You use a special stick that allows you to grab the handle of the rock. You also need someone to hold your chair so you don't slip when pushing the rock. It is actually harder than regular curling. There is no margin for error as you don't have sweepers to help you with the light rocks! My former assistant's husband was on last year's Canadian team that won the World Championship!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

OT curling:

Spoiler:
              We have Wheelchair curling here. Only you play it on ice. No sweeping but you use the regular ice and rocks. You use a special stick that allows you to grab the handle of the rock. You also need someone to hold your chair so you don't slip when pushing the rock. It is actually harder than regular curling. There is no margin for error as you don't have sweepers to help you with the light rocks! My former assistant's husband was on last year's Canadian team that won the World Championship!
              That's so cool!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic

Comment

That's so cool!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                I've seen it done, once, donkey's years ago at Altrincham ice rink, it was very cool and yes, harder than conventional curling.
                One of my friends was in a disabled water polo team, now they were hard and very fit. I'd have put them up against any able bodied team any day of the week.

FF
                sigpic

Comment

I've seen the NZ mens' team in the world championships a couple of times and one of the players is an ex-pat Canadian from my town. Haven't ever seen a NZ womens' team though. Maybe you should start curling and you could be the NZ champ.
                  Haha, it doesn't even snow in Wellington. Does it work on the beach, like snowboarding on sand dunes? I would have to go down south where my brother lives with his family. Brrr.

Julia! Hiya!

You know those rockstar energy drinks Chelle posted a photo of? They don't work on jetlag Chelle has a photo of me asleep on her beanbag with my rockstar next to me. So much for keeping you awake
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

The wine that Amanda likes, http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...y1970/1380.jpg, is one of my faves too. It's a grenache and I love all things grenache and shiraz. We sell alot of that particular one on Valentines Day and on Mothers Day. Go figure!
                    sigpic

Comment

At the local Fall Festival here the High School Ag Department for a fundraiser plays Cow Pattie Bingo. The grid out an area of the part park, sell tickets for the squares, feed and water a cow, then let is loose and were it makes a cow pattie the person that has purchased the ticket for that grid wins a prize. It is very popular with the local folks.

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                        The wine that Amanda likes, http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...y1970/1380.jpg, is one of my faves too. It's a grenache and I love all things grenache and shiraz. We sell alot of that particular one on Valentines Day and on Mothers Day. Go figure!
                        I must hit the liquor store later today hopefully to see if I can find it. It's doubtful though. They have a wide selection of wines, but I've never see this one at all. Probably my best bet would to search online...the place where all good things come from.

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                        At the local Fall Festival here the High School Ag Department for a fundraiser plays Cow Pattie Bingo. The grid out an area of the part park, sell tickets for the squares, feed and water a cow, then let is loose and were it makes a cow pattie the person that has purchased the ticket for that grid wins a prize. It is very popular with the local folks
                        I think that's one game that would have me fidgeting in impatience. Come on! Wait for the cow to eat, digest and..well, defecate? Omg, I'd be going nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                          I must hit the liquor store later today hopefully to see if I can find it. It's doubtful though. They have a wide selection of wines, but I've never see this one at all. Probably my best bet would to search online...the place where all good things come from.

I think that's one game that would have me fidgeting in impatience. Come on! Wait for the cow to eat, digest and..well, defecate? Omg, I'd be going nuts.
                          Well the day does start with a 5k run and parade before the activities in the park get started. So the cow is feed and water well before anyone even shows up at the park. Tickets for the event are sold the week leading up to the event. My job that day is to lead the band for the parade, then I like to go down to the park and sample some of the great food they have and watch the kids having fun playing the games.
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

In case you didn't know and want to donate ... I was looking where to donate for Haiti and now did it through SanctuaryForKids. See here and also see their tweet. SfK website here. Just FYI
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                              At the local Fall Festival here the High School Ag Department for a fundraiser plays Cow Pattie Bingo. The grid out an area of the part park, sell tickets for the squares, feed and water a cow, then let is loose and were it makes a cow pattie the person that has purchased the ticket for that grid wins a prize. It is very popular with the local folks.
                              Oh, people.

I'm currently reading Terry Pratchett and Jacqueline Simpson's The Folklore of Discworld, which is about well, the folklore of Pratchett's Discworld, and the Earth traditions and folklore which interest him and/or have influenced him in creating that fantasy world. The above sounds right up his street
                              sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

I love your pic's Chelle

I get my The Void dvd tommorow yay! i cant wait to see it
                                sigpic
                                (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Working...
                                X