No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want those boots! Does anyone know the designer/brand? And if they are under $5?

ETA: I would just steal Amanda's, but her feet are probably a lot smaller than mine. Do you think Eh-T would flash me the badge if she caught me surreptitiously measuring my foot up against Amanda's at AT5? We are the same height...
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Does it make me a bad fan that I was more interested in the background of the outside photos than AT? I've been to Paris and was trying to figure out where they were taken.
      I think they are at the Place Vendome - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Place_Vend%C3%B4me
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
        I finally found a copy of 'Engaged to Kill' in which Amanda plays a detective put on a kidnapping case. Been a bit busy today, so I'm hoping to watch it sometime tomorrow. Has anyone seen it themselves?
        Originally posted by rderoch View Post
        Basic Lifetime movie fare. Not great, not bad. Amanda's wonderful of course.
        Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        Yea, I have to agree with rderoch on this one The movie's not the best written, but Amanda does her best with the role she's given
        I don't even think that movie was middle of the line. I wouldn't quite classify it as awful, but I only kept watching it to see AT. I just couldn't get past the final scene when
        Spoiler:
        AT's character disarms the victim before making sure that the perp is totally incapacitated.

Mandy's right, though; Amanda did the best she could with what she was given.
        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Does it make me a bad fan that I was more interested in the background of the outside photos than AT? I've been to Paris and was trying to figure out where they were taken.
          There was a background?

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
          I don't even think that movie was middle of the line. I wouldn't quite classify it as awful, but I only kept watching it to see AT. I just couldn't get past the final scene when
          Spoiler:
          AT's character disarms the victim before making sure that the perp is totally incapacitated.

Ditto to all of the above. Amanda manages to rise above the material but the movie itself is....something else...but you can decide for yourself
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            ^Great photos. Love the blonde coming through in her hair.
            YAY.

Originally posted by antoa View Post
            Finally some gorgeous high-res *un-photoshopped* pictures!

Love those boots. Wish I could pull of knee high boots, but unfortunately Irish Dancing has given me giant sized super calf muscles *sigh*
            These are the best pics of Amanda, un-photoshopped pics. "Real" pics of Amanda always look better than those fake photoshopped, natural beauty is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
              Thank you for linking those across, they're pretty pictures

Originally posted by antoa View Post
              Finally some gorgeous high-res *un-photoshopped* pictures!

Love those boots. Wish I could pull of knee high boots, but unfortunately Irish Dancing has given me giant sized super calf muscles *sigh*
              Yes! It's nice to see unphotoshopped photos. I have the same problem with any boots that have to go around my calves. I really wish having muscle wasn't the unusual situation.
              sigpic
              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

The movie's only a few years old. I posted caps here when it was first broadcast.

Here are some new photos for everyone to enjoy.

http://www.theamandatappingclub.com/...s.php?album=87
                http://www.theamandatappingclub.com/...s.php?album=88
                thanks for the links

gorgeous photos, amanda looks stunning! so great to see some unphotoshopped pix
                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

*sends Chelle some freezing air*
                  We had snow again today and the temp was hovering around 19F for a high. Hope it cools you down some.
                  Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  *puts an ice cube in mouth and blows in Chelle's direction*
                  Better?
                  I won't tell you where I learned that trick.
                  First of all...I'm not sure I really want to know where you learned that trick Neep!!
                  Second...keep it up...it was lovely and cool today...such a relief.
                  Thank you!!!
                  Hate to say it but Amanda kinda looks "glowing" in that first link...I mean she's always glowing to me but...you know what I mean right? *said I hated to say it - sorry. *
                  As for the Paris shots...awesomely, stunningly gorgeous! As always!
                  Oh, and leather thigh-high boots? *blinks*
                  Nice, aren't they! I could never wear boots like that. They would reach my arm pits with my short legs! I reckon Sam's combat boots would be as close to knee high on me as it's ever gonna get!
                  *high five's EH-T* I was admiring the background too...*bangs head on desk*...but of course Amanda was the natural beauty in the shots!! And even though I have never been to Paris, the scenery is eye catching...but again, not as eye catching as the model in the shots!
                  ETA: I would just steal Amanda's, but her feet are probably a lot smaller than mine. Do you think Eh-T would flash me the badge if she caught me surreptitiously measuring my foot up against Amanda's at AT5? We are the same height...
                  So are we to now assume you will definitely be at AT5 Neep??

(((Samandans)))

Off to the Healesville Sanctuary tomorrow with my little abnormals...or rather not so little! Going to take some pictures of the animals - no not the kids but will probably involve them too - but need to to something with the ferals before they go back to school in 2 weeks!
                  Spoiler:
                  Had a total loss of memory last night...twice! Fell asleep twice before dinner and woke up thinking I was going to be late for work...and couldn't remember what day it was or what the heck I was doing at home! Very weird. Then hubby fed me dinner in bed and the next thing I know I'm cursing at him to switch his flamin alarm off at 5 this morning...actually, I clearly remember literally throwing the alarm at him. Didn't realise I could curse so clearly at that time of the day! The things we can do...or rather are driven to do!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                    Off to the Healesville Sanctuary tomorrow with my little abnormals...or rather not so little! Going to take some pictures of the animals - no not the kids but will probably involve them too - but need to to something with the ferals before they go back to school in 2 weeks!
                    Spoiler:
                    Had a total loss of memory last night...twice! Fell asleep twice before dinner and woke up thinking I was going to be late for work...and couldn't remember what day it was or what the heck I was doing at home! Very weird. Then hubby fed me dinner in bed and the next thing I know I'm cursing at him to switch his flamin alarm off at 5 this morning...actually, I clearly remember literally throwing the alarm at him. Didn't realise I could curse so clearly at that time of the day! The things we can do...or rather are driven to do!
                    Sounds like it'll be an awesome time Chelle. I'm not a big fan of zoo's myself, but when I was visiting Ames last May, we went to a wildlife park where the people were caged so to speak (in buses) and the animals for the most part roamed free. It was a very cool experience and I'd definitely go back..in fact we may come to think of it.

Spoiler:
                    I had a similar experience one day last week. I had come home from work around 430am, goofed around doing things and by the time I went to sleep it must have been around 5 or 6am. Mind you it was still dark outside at this time and being a cloudy day, when daylight finally did arrive, it was still quite dark in my bedroom. For whatever reason, I woke up around 7am, looked at my watch and panicked because I thought I was late for work. I jumped up, and ran for the shower. It wasn't until the water hit me and I was washing my hair that I realized it was 7 in the morning, not evening. Man, that was a very weird experience. Needless to say, I went back to bed. My gf teased me for quite a few days after I told her too.

Comment

Yes! I can see wondering about the location too.
                      Oh well.

I want those boots! Does anyone know the designer/brand? And if they are under $5?

a) yes and b) I think you'd have to worry more about security than my badge. (although I found telling them "it's OK, I'm not crazy" helps )

Were you surreptitiously measuring foot size when AT hugged you at the cocktail party?

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                      I think they are at the Place Vendome - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Place_Vend%C3%B4me
                      Somewhere I had not been. I'll put it on the list for next time I'm in Paris. One of the things I love about Paris and London are that there are so many beautiful buildings.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

a) yes and b) I think you'd have to worry more about security than my badge. (although I found telling them "it's OK, I'm not crazy" helps )
                        bet that depends on what tone you use. I'll bet you sound sane.

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                          bet that depends on what tone you use. I'll bet you sound sane.

suse
                          Actually, I thought afterwards that is exactly what a crazy person would say! And it probably didn't help that I was running up to them (but for a good purpose, to give Thomisina money for charity) but luckily I didn't get taken down (although they were very cute guys so it may not have been all bad ).

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                            Spoiler:

I'm so with you. IIRC, AT did describe her character as "bumbling." Unfortunately not in a humorous way. Or at least not on purpose. AT didn't have much to work with. But it was nice to see her in a non-SF role.

Still hoping for Dancing Trees.

Actually, I thought afterwards that is exactly what a crazy person would say! And it probably didn't help that I was running up to them (but for a good purpose, to give Thomisina money for charity) but luckily I didn't get taken down (although they were very cute guys so it may not have been all bad ).
                            that never hurts!

Comment

Somewhere I had not been. I'll put it on the list for next time I'm in Paris. One of the things I love about Paris and London are that there are so many beautiful buildings.
                              They believed you?!?!?!

Haven't seen Paris yet, but I do love London.

Still hoping for Dancing Trees.

that never hurts!
                              Yes, bring on Dancing Trees already.

With this group though, it kind of encourages bad behavior. *almost spelled that with a u. this place is a bad influence *
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

[QUOTE]
                                Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                                They believed you?!?!?!
                                Maybe not so much that they believed me but were taken so taken aback they didn't pounce! (Says the naive Canadian who was actually surprised to find at AT3 that security guards were necessary. D'oh!)

Haven't seen Paris yet, but I do love London.
                                You have to go there! So fabulous! I took the train from London to Paris after AT3.

With this group though, it kind of encourages bad behavior. *almost spelled that with a u. this place is a bad influence *[/QUOTE
                                ]

All part of our plan for world domination!

Comment

Working...
                                X