Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
    Just got back from Vancouver today and I'm catching up with the most important part of what I missed at home. The mail, newspapers and laundry can all wait, but Samanda? No way!

Lots of great new pictures, etc. in the last couple of days. You're all incredibly talented! Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to some old friends.

Über, in answer to your request, tsaxlady posted her video clips from ComicCon a while back, here Hope that helps.

NC
    Hi NC, and welcome back! Missed you! Astrog will be returning from Hawaii next week and there are many newcomers onboard!

Hope you plan to share any news from the Gate grapevine about our Queen! Hint, hint ....

Which stars did you see?!
    Last edited by ChopinGal; 03 August 2005, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by runyon3je
      If I had to be stuck on a remote planet with only one SG-1 character, I would choose Carter for the following reasons.
      1. She is smart enough to think us out of any mess.
      2. She is tough enough to fight our way out of any mess.
      3. If all else fails we could settle down and start a whole new civilization. (after all if your gonna be stuck somewhere for the rest of your life, with just one person, wouldm't you chose the one who was easy on the eyes)
      LOL Now that's a way to enter a thread! You really caught my attention!

Welcome to Samanda, runyon! If you like Sam, this is the place to be (unless you and she are on that remote planet ...)

Comment

Hey, don't I have a fab twin?
        *hugs*
        thanks Charlie

Nice motto, I like the meaning. Kinda suits this place. Samanda has always remained a kind and loving place, and has amazingly stayed free of the total inhumane meaness that seems to go on in a lot of threads on this forum. Guess it has something to say about the people who frequent here eh?

Ooh, a flag. Must go vote... Now!

I was mentoned in poems? *blushes*

I'm sure season9 has been a major topic of discussion. Guess us Aussies will have to wait a while longer before we can join in.

New interviews, yayness!

Ah, so has GABIT happened yet? You say lots of cons. Hmm. I know some people from here were going to GABIT.

And, um, mysterious dissappearance of one of the Kingdom's Royal Pages. Hmm, not such an interesting topic of conversation. But it's good to be back, and sorry if I worried you, things were a bit weird for a while, but I think I'll be hanging around more now.

By the way, did we do a group photo, Uber? I'd hate to have missed out on seeing what ya all looked like. *notices that everyone has new avatars and nolonger look like what they used to look like*

Thanks muchly for the catchup .

Originally posted by Charlie
        hey deepspace! I'll try and catch you up, but i haven't been around heaps either! here goes;
        1. we got a motto!!! as you noticed it's 'hic comitas regit', meaning 'here kindness reigns'. pretty, huh?
        2. we're voting on a flag...so go vote! now! go!
        3. Everyone went through a short poem frenzy , the scribes of samanda were just churning 'em out - you were mentioned in at least two, by the way!
        3. lots of discussion on season nine, but i haven't been reading much of that coz i haven't seen it yet and i'm trying to reserve judgement til i have. feedback has been mixed, makes for interesting discussions.
        4. links to some great new AT interviews have been posted, we'll have to find 'em for you...
        5. there's been a massive population boost!!! It seems the temporary absence of our Queen has been causing quite a stir.
        6. again with the lots of discussion about season nine - it's been a hot topic, as you'd imagine, so thats pretty much been dominating the board.
        7. The gents have been descending into the gutter with several comments on the likelihood of seeing AT in a bikini sometime in the near future - methinks they're going to be disappointed!
        8. there's been plenty of reports from recent cons, complete with video clips of amanda speaking at the panel and pretty pics...again, i'll try and find them for you...
        9. umm...umm...ohm currently trying to figure out the definite sam phrase and guessing at what song best suits Sam and Amanda.
        10. There's was lots of discussion about the mysterious disappearance of one the the Kingdom's royal page's. What with the Queen's birthdau coming up soon and all, we were starting to get quite worried! In other words, we missed you silly!!!

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

*worried*
          Atteria, I know you haven't been well. I don't know the details, but much love to you right now. Heal, and return to us, that's an order.

Originally posted by Atteria
          Just stopped in while I still could, to say a quick "Hi" and "good bye".

I also wanted to thank so many of you for your notes and messages. You have no idea just what they and all of you have meant to me.

Please keep this thread as wonderful as all of you are.

I wish I could stay and get to know the new "members".....maybe someday.

Take care everyone, and stay safe and healthy.

And to AT, I look forward to your return. Sam has truly been missed.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

As for a song, to describe Sam. How about Helen Reddy's 'I am Woman'?
            I know it's old, but the lyrics:
            I am strong (strong)
            I am invincible (invincible)
            I am woman

They kind of suit Sam. And the song's pretty upbeat for its time.

http://www.lyricstime.com/lyrics/31918.html

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace

I'm sure season9 has been a major topic of discussion. Guess us Aussies will have to wait a while longer before we can join in.
              Well... not nessacarly

Ah, so has GABIT happened yet? You say lots of cons. Hmm. I know some people from here were going to GABIT.
              I believe thats happening later this year
              Trust me, everyone would be talking about it if it had already happened

Comment

Über, I found a couple of sites with video clips of Amanda interviews, if you're interested.

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/...s/index02.html

http://www.amanda-tapping.sg1.cz/SG/...oad-videos.htm

NC

Comment

I can't believe I've been away from the thread for almost a week! I'll be back tomorrow, for sure! RL has been too challenging this week (work). In the meantime, thought, I'm just checking in to let you know that it's time to vote again.

Round 44 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Watergate was eliminated in Round 43.

You can make a difference!. Please keep voting and help save the Sam-centric episodes! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...57#post4404857

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Thanks! I really miss the royal citizens of Samanda!

Comment

samandans, help me find this amanda article again. please. it's the one where she's talking about her mother instincts, and how she's capable of killing now because if one person touched her child... anyhoo, help me find it please!

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      samandans, help me find this amanda article again. please. it's the one where she's talking about her mother instincts, and how she's capable of killing now because if one person touched her child... anyhoo, help me find it please!

sally
                      Hey Sally:

I think you're talking about the TV Zone article. You can find it at scfigate.net at
                      http://www.scifigate.net/tappingtvzonespecial.php

Dani

P.S. I don't know if somebody had already posted that link before I joined this thread. If somebody did, all credit goes to *you* for finding it.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        Hi NC, and welcome back! Missed you! Astrog will be returning from Hawaii next week and there are many newcomers onboard!

Hope you plan to share any news from the Gate grapevine about our Queen! Hint, hint ....

Which stars did you see?!

Thanks for the welcome back, CG. It was a good trip, and lots of fun, but I didn’t hear any hints about AT or Sam.

This year Gatecon covered several different shows, SG-1, Andromeda, both versions of Battlestar Galactica., a Canadian show called the Collector... Some of the Stargate actors there were Gary Jones (Sgt. Walter Harriman), Colin Cunningham (Major Davis), JR Bourne (Martouf) Alex Zahara (lots of characters, usually in heavy makeup, but you might remember him as the hippie in “1969”), Dan Shea (Sgt. Siler), and Dan Payne (the super soldier). (He's really cute in normal clothes and without the mask. ) There didn’t seem to be many people attending the convention, between 200 and 300, I would guess, and at most of the panels there were probably less than a 100 in the audience, so it was easy to get relatively close and the lines didn’t seem too bad for autographs, etc.

I'm already a lukewarm BSG fan, but I have to admit, that I'm going to watch it with more interest now, since I got to see some of the actors like Aaron Douglas(the chief) and Tahmoh Penikett(Helo) up close.

I didn’t go to all the panels, since I don’t care all that much for some of the shows, but the one by Robert Picardo (the doctor from Star Trek Voyager and Agent Woolsey in SG-1) was really good. My favorite panel, though, was one about women in film and tv, particularly in sci fi, with Lisa Ryder (Beka in Andromeda), Ellen Dubin (from the Collector), Barbara March and Gwynyth Walsh(the Klingon Duras sisters from Star Trek). I would have loved to have seen Amanda and Teryl on that panel.

Anyway, on the last day, they announced that they do plan on continuing the convention in Vancouver next year in some form, but probably not under the same name. They haven’t announced dates yet, but the UK version will be in late July. So if you've got some time free next summer, maybe you'll be able to go to one or the other. I don't know how much Stargate will be involved in the Vancouver version, though.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                          Just stopped in while I still could, to say a quick "Hi" and "good bye".

I also wanted to thank so many of you for your notes and messages. You have no idea just what they and all of you have meant to me.

Please keep this thread as wonderful as all of you are.

I wish I could stay and get to know the new "members".....maybe someday.

Take care everyone, and stay safe and healthy.

And to AT, I look forward to your return. Sam has truly been missed.
                          (((((Atteria))))) Good luck, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope to see you back soon.

Comment

7. The gents
                            and me

have been descending into the gutter with several comments on the likelihood of seeing AT in a bikini sometime in the near future - methinks they're going to be disappointed!
                            I'm still gonna hold out for that one.
                            sigpic-
                            +I thought I was a fool for no one
                            but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Originally posted by runyon3je
                              (after all if your gonna be stuck somewhere for the rest of your life, with just one person, wouldm't you chose the one who was easy on the eyes)
                              Understatement of the year.

sigpic-
                              +I thought I was a fool for no one
                              but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

oops with the posting twice! sorry - i've fixed it now!
                                As for Atteria, I hope everything works out - it's weird to feel so worried about someone i've never met! There's that Samandan heart for ya I guess.
                                I'm so crushed that we finally get a con in melbourne and AT isn't going to be there! AARGH! Fair enough though...it's not that Chris Judge/Joe Flanigan and Torri Higginson aren't great and all - but I'm not sure they're enough to make me shell out 200 bucks. That's like two weeks pay for me! Hey, anyone here who's really rich and feels like shouting me a trip to GABIT??? lol
                                Royal Page of Samanda
                                "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Working...
                                X