No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHOA I am really outta the loop! I guess that's what comes from hiding in VHR for days on end I can't believe how quickly these threads move--it's faster than the chatroom some days 0.0 Not that lapses of silence aren't common in the chatroom at times, but that's beside the point.

Here's an interesting question (sorry if it's been asked before):

We all love Sam (naw, really? ) but what's your favorite thing about her? Is it that she's bright, brainy, and pretty at the same time or is it because she knows how to give O'Niell a good headache (which is sometimes actually pretty funny LOL!)

My Fave Thing about her:
    She's a mechanic, scientist, and USAF officer rolled into one (how DOES she do it?!?)
    - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
    Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      I'll behave myself ... this is a family-oriented thread. So, I'll just say that, yes, I guess that's kinda like Carter and RepliCarter! We actually were gonna do a nearby Renaissance Faire too - how weird is that?!

Back on topic ... Amanda's favorite song ... she plays folk guitar so anything "folksie" but I'm thinking, now with playing and singing to Olivia, I'd suggest "Puff the Magic Dragon".

Sam's favorite song? Wow ... "Fly Me to the Moon". She's into oldies but goodies.

Oh - if we use Kat's great sig with this ... Sam Carter's S9 favorite song will be: "in the jungle, the mighty jungle ... the lion sleeps tonight" What IS the name of that song? Kingston Trio?! That's so perfect for Carter's new aggressive, feline nature ... Couldn't you just see her prowling now in those black BDUs?!

Well, forget the prowling ... I could picture her and Teal'c and Danny Boy dancing around a campfire!

No, no, no ! Not " The lion sleeps tonight". It doesn't work for me ChopinGal ! In French the song is "The lion died tonight". So sad ! I don't want anything bad to happen to Sam. Well, maybe a little but just for the sake of Sam's Whumpers Anonymous.
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
        OK...Samandans.

I need your help.

I'm working on a website. Which will have a large Stargate section. And I've just come up with a cool idea for it.

For each of the characters pages, I plan to add an audio file which will play when that page is loaded up.

For Jack, I plan to find a audio file of "For cryin' out loud!"

For Teal'c "Indeed"

For Hammond: "SG1, you have a go"

In that vein, what do you think is the 'definitive' Sam phrase that I should track down. I'm not talking about episode specific classics like "Maybourne you're an idiot every day of the week..." I'm talking about a line that either is Sam's catchphrase or simply sums her up.

And knowing you guys I expect 50 replies on the topic when I next swing by Gateworld tomorrow!
        I'd say :
        "Wormhole theory, motorcycle riding and lock picking"
        It's Sam and all her abilities in one single sentence. And besides, it's so fun.
        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

hi, samadans. i've just finished reading a *great* sam-centric fic called 'outside the lines', by annerb. it's on carterfic group, but the author's also posted it at fanfiction site. here's the direct link --

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2481165/1/

it's got a small amount of s/j ship, but don't let that deter you from reading a great sam fic!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Dear New Samandan

You have totally gotten into the spirit of Samanda! Lovely, lovely picture and thought! It fits Amanda and our thread so well!

Thanks and a Royal Medal of accomplishment for your efforts!

Jester
            Thank you for the great honor. I am just glad to be part of this Kingdom and that I can share my thoughts with others who feel the same way about Amanda/Sam.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
              I don't know if this has already been posted here, but I found another interview with Amanda on www.stargate-project.de
              Now that's a German webpage (beats me how they always seem to have news first ), so it's in German. But anyone interested can find the original interview (in English) on Terra Wellington's webpage at www.terrawellington.com
              I for one was impressed, once again, by how amazing Amanda really is.
              Enjoy
              I've read this intervieuw via another link somewhere on the GW Forums. It's the intervieuw where we can rea the firt discription of Olivia, very cute 'n sweet. aaaaaaaw!

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Even though I am going to be sooooooo late for work (completely worth it).

sigpic-
                +I thought I was a fool for no one
                but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Originally posted by Miz_Gatez
                  WHOA I am really outta the loop! I guess that's what comes from hiding in VHR for days on end I can't believe how quickly these threads move--it's faster than the chatroom some days 0.0 Not that lapses of silence aren't common in the chatroom at times, but that's beside the point.

Here's an interesting question (sorry if it's been asked before):

We all love Sam (naw, really? ) but what's your favorite thing about her? Is it that she's bright, brainy, and pretty at the same time or is it because she knows how to give O'Niell a good headache (which is sometimes actually pretty funny LOL!)

My Fave Thing about her:
                  She's a mechanic, scientist, and USAF officer rolled into one (how DOES she do it?!?)
                  I like Sam for a multitude of reasons...but primarily because she is a fallible human being who can do extraordinary things.

And I love how Amanda describes her...she's the perfect combination of Jack and Daniel...and the struggle for Sam is always which side do I go with, the military training side or the philosophical side?

Basically I love her because she's a super hero who's saved the galaxy more times than I've counted (and to my knowledge has yet to win a CMOH *cough*)...and yet she is a regular person like you or me.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Okay...I think people are misunderstanding. I do want to know what Amanda's favorite song is...don't get me wrong.

But I'm also MORE interested in what song could be used to demonstrate or portray the ultimate coolness that is Amanda and Samantha.

A song that when you hear it you go...Oh man...that is SO Samanda...

Something upbeat...not heavy rock but something that could be used to show how incredibly great both Amanda and Samantha are.

Get it?

Um, I've got a Sam vid to a song "Not Just a Pretty Face" (I think that's the title) by... I have no idea. But it's great... "not just a pretty face... she's got everything it takes..." I think it fits pretty well.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                      I also think that "Holy Hannah" and "theoretically" are typical Sam phrases.
                      You know, Sam doesn't actually say "Holy Hannah" very often. In fact, I can only think of her saying it once in eight seasons (anyone know how often she has actually said it?). I believe it's more of a Jacob phrase.

Hugs,
                      Strix

My LJ

Comment

Heres some sites:

http://www.galleryofcelebrities.com/tapping.htm
                        http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Thought you might like this

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

I found a void screensaver http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/fun/index.html
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              hi, samadans. i've just finished reading a *great* sam-centric fic called 'outside the lines', by annerb. it's on carterfic group, but the author's also posted it at fanfiction site. here's the direct link --

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2481165/1/

it's got a small amount of s/j ship, but don't let that deter you from reading a great sam fic!

sally
                              Wow, that was a pretty damm good fic. Even with the Sam/Jack ship!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                Who has seen "The Void?" Not a very good film IMO--I think they couldn't quite figure out what they were trying to do with it. But AT did a good job--I suspect she puts her all into all her projects. I think she definitely has screen presence. I thought while watching it: "Just think what she could have done with a better script!"
                                Yes, I keep wishing AT's agent could find her better material. I've said it before, AT is Canada's hidden treasure. I agree that she gives 110% to whatever she does and it shows! So seeing her in this was fun, especially with Adrian Paul! Loved the bathtub scene! Lida, check out Amazon.com or a neighborhood video/dvd rental store. The film's available.

Did anyone notice that the blind neighbor/friend was Kirsten Robek, another fine Canadian actor who played the ill-fated Lieutenant Astor in Divide and Conquer.

Please stop by to the kingdom of Samanda too if you're looking to support Amanda! "Sam's a Great Character" thread ...

Comment

Working...
                                X