X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    Happy Birthday
    helenmagnus23

and ditto on the anniversary congrats...how many years now???
    Happy Birthday from me too...I hope you have a great day

And woo anniversary! Go us. Talkative bunch

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
    I'm usually the same way, so I think that's part of why I'm especially fond of Sanctuary, because I've gotten to see it go from a little webseries to a worldwide hit. Now if only I can make it to a convention!
    Good luck with that They're a lot of fun.
    sigpic
    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
      ^ glad to hear you are home safe and sound neep!

another chrissy card arrived today big thanks to hiSG1fans for the lovely card and message, and also for the coin you'll totally have to make it to oz one day
      I just have to ask. I've seen people here refer to Christmas as chrissy and presents as pressies. Is it an Australian thing, or is it internet shorthand, or is it something else? I haven't seen either word off of Gateworld.
      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
        I just have to ask. I've seen people here refer to Christmas as chrissy and presents as pressies. Is it an Australian thing, or is it internet shorthand, or is it something else? I haven't seen either word off of Gateworld.
        I've never said Chrissy, but I do sometimes say pressies in RL. The latter is definitely shorthand and not just an internet thing.
        sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
          I've never said Chrissy, but I do sometimes say pressies in RL. The latter is definitely shorthand and not just an internet thing.
          To me, that just seems odd. There are, after all, the same number of letters and syllables in both words.
          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Its one of those things when you make it sound more fun, cuter, sillier, etc by using those last couple of letters. So I'd go "Oooh, look, pressies!", or "you got me a pressie?!" in an slightly OTT kind of way

If you want a weirder one, Christmas is occasionally referred to colloquially in the UK as 'crimbo'. Don't think that's anywhere else, due to it being odd and therefore suitable for the Brits.

Its not as impossible as when people try to get a nickname out of my name. There is no real way to get a cutesy name from mine without adding several letters, and that's the way I like it
            sigpic

Comment

Aussies do that to words a lot!
              -

Comment

Happy Birthday Helenmagnus23!

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                5 years, 5352 pages, 107,036 posts, and 2,737,848 views. AWESOME! And it's thanks to the amazing actress who brought us all together.
                WOW that is impressive! happy anniversary samandans

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                One more thing re: AT & Sam vs. Sanctuary

AT made Sam so believable--military, scientist--that it probably looked to some like an easy acting job. But just think of some of the otherwise talented (& of course, the not so talented) who are just laughable as scientists.

Magnus has shown more ranges of emotion and so people in the business may be more likely to *see* AT's talent. This is good for her long term career.

It's a cliche that you win awards for the "going crazy" or "put through the wringer" episodes, not the day in and day out great work.
                definately, AT brought all those little nuances to sam that just made her so real... and i agree that day to day great work like this deserves recognition as well...

A small comment on Sam in SGA S4, Quarantine was on last night and I think that was an example of how they got Sam right on Atlantis. She got to do some technical stuff, be proactive about fixing the problem, and I liked her confidence in Zelenka near the end.
                oh i watched quarantine the other night as part of our sga s4 rewatch! good epi, and i thought it was good to see sam play a part in the solution

i have no idea if they are only an aussie thing, but i hear them all the time... ive drawn a mind blank though if any of my international friends ever use them...

Its one of those things when you make it sound more fun, cuter, sillier, etc by using those last couple of letters. So I'd go "Oooh, look, pressies!", or "you got me a pressie?!" in an slightly OTT kind of way

If you want a weirder one, Christmas is occasionally referred to colloquially in the UK as 'crimbo'. Don't think that's anywhere else, due to it being odd and therefore suitable for the Brits.

Its not as impossible as when people try to get a nickname out of my name. There is no real way to get a cutesy name from mine without adding several letters, and that's the way I like it
                i have a friend in england who calls it crimbo, hehe...

your names laura right... i have an aunt named laura and my other aunt calls her laurlie... i call her laurla... but youre right, both add letters
                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post
                  Happy Anniversary to all of Samanda!

NC
                  Awww. I didn't even realize it was the thread's five-year anniversary, and I just happened to be lurking tonight. How nice of you to remember, NC. Time really does fly. In December 2004, I was completing my first semester of college (uni, for some), and on my way to meeting some wonderful friends whom I now miss dearly. I hope you're all doing well this holiday season, wherever you may be!

And... happy birthday, helenmagnus23!

Comment

Happy Anniversary Samandans!
                    Happy Birthday, helenmagnus23!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      They are in Canada.

I seriously doubt the glass had liquid in it. Ice maybe.

Brrrrrrr.

Suse
                      Ouch!

and

NC
                      WooHoo for all of us! And there's cake!
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/NearlyCircular/Birthday%20Cakes/HappyBirthdayhelenmagnus23.jpg

and

NC
                        Ditto on both!

Happy Birthday helenmagnus23!!
                        Hope it's a fun day full of all kinds of spoiling! Enjoy it!

Yay! Happy 5th to everyone too! Gotta love anniversaries for the milestone hump that they are.

OT
                        Spoiler:
                        We have more SNOW! Going out skate skiing later this afternoon too! Soo glad the weather cooperated on my weekend off for once!

Comment

Favorite pic from this snowfall.

Darling!
                          Last edited by suse; 19 December 2009, 10:33 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

The transcripts of a couple of missing/cut scenes

thanks to Callie on the transcript list that typed it all up, i just cut and pasted

and i only passed on the Sam ones

Spoiler:
                            SEARCH AND RESCUE
                            (Captain Alicia Vega walks into Samantha Carter's office.)
                            VEGA: Colonel, do you have a minute?
                            CARTER: Can it wait, Captain Vega?
                            VEGA: Ma'am, I've been here close to a week now and I still haven't been assigned to a team or given a detail.
                            CARTER: Yes, I know, and I apologise for that. Things have been unusually hectic around here, what with Colonel Sheppard returning from the future an' all.
                            VEGA (grinning): *That* old excuse(!)
                            CARTER: Yeah! I know, it sounds crazy. You'll get used to it.
                            VEGA: I understand that, ma'am, but I gave up a pretty plum position on Earth ...
                            CARTER (interrupting): Captain. You have been given a week off to relax and explore the lost city of Atlantis. Are you really gonna complain?
                            VEGA: *Yes*, ma'am, I *am*. I didn't join the Air Force to kick back and put my feet up. Put me in play.
                            CARTER: Watch the tone there, Captain.
                            BANKS (from the Control Room): Unscheduled offworld activation.

(At Michael's planet, his Cruiser has come out of hyperspace. On the ground, Sam's rescue team is evacuating to the Puddle Jumpers. The distinctive sound of an approaching Dart can be heard.)
                            VEGA: We've got incoming!
                            CARTER: Only fire if it's low enough.
                            VEGA: I got it.
                            (As everyone else takes cover, Vega aims an M4 rifle into the air and opens fire. She fires a hail of bullets at the approaching Dart and hits its underside. It swoops away, trailing smoke behind it. Jennifer comes out of hiding, looking up admiringly.)
                            KELLER: Lucky shot!
                            VEGA: Thanks – but it wasn't luck.
                            CARTER: All right, let's fall back to our Jumpers.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

A small comment on Sam in SGA S4, Quarantine was on last night and I think that was an example of how they got Sam right on Atlantis. She got to do some technical stuff, be proactive about fixing the problem, and I liked her confidence in Zelenka near the end.
                              I agree. I especially liked her grabbing the laptop from Zelenka and writing a "work around" to get it to interface. Zelenka was impressed. "so fast?"
                              I only wish we had had more Sam and less Rodney in that ep.

you mean resurgie? I'm assuming you mean your RL name.

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                              Awww. I didn't even realize it was the thread's five-year anniversary, and I just happened to be lurking tonight. How nice of you to remember, NC. Time really does fly. In December 2004, I was completing my first semester of college (uni, for some), and on my way to meeting some wonderful friends whom I now miss dearly. I hope you're all doing well this holiday season, wherever you may be!
                              Back at ya! (see, you're just psychically connected to us even when you're away )

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post

i have a friend in england who calls it crimbo, hehe...

your names laura right... i have an aunt named laura and my other aunt calls her laurlie... i call her laurla... but youre right, both add letters
                                Us English are deviant like that

Whatever gave the game away?! My parents sometimes use 'Laula' - this was the way that my friend's stepfather used to say it, as he was Japanese and they find it very difficult to pronounce 'r'. They initially thought this was very funny, and now they just find it sweet

Generally, res will do
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X