Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brjsg1
    This is my first post ever. Mostly just read. Not sure if this is the right place for this or not. Figured I would put it here anyway. I know this is more of a Sam thread but I read a while ago someone wanted clips of Amanda from cons etc.

Not sure if anyone would be/still be interested but I have about 2 1/2 hours of Amanda (and of the other actors there) on video form the Gatecon 2002 autcion. Just want to see what kind of response I get from this. If people are interested I will have to figure out how to get it online.

I will check back in a few days to see the kind of reponse this gets. If you have any questions just ask and I will answer them. I have not watched the tape since I filmed it in 2002. But I figured a lot of people like Amanda here and may never get to see this side of her. Figured I should show it to people who would be interested in it. Instead of having it sit in a draw like it has been for the past 3 years. Since no one I know would have an interest in it. Thanks.

BRJ
    I would SO love to get my hands on that video! But I ask as well... how big are the files???

Well, not the post I was going to have as my first one in almost... 2 MONTHS but I just had to pop in and say...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*Insert crazy sentimental wonderful gooky stuff here*

A note to all my people... hopefully today I will be able to get my big "triumphant return" post done, and catch you all up on a few of the insane adventures i've gone through this summer!
    Last edited by MajorSam; 28 August 2005, 10:56 AM.
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      Spoiler:

I was truly disappointed in the way they handled the building/bomb. Gosh, replicator transporter technology is... way over the top. Too powerful. Too deus ex machina. What can't it transport? What is the limit? Seems like it would be too easy to make it the solution to all problems. Don't like that wraith hive ship? Screw trying to beam a nuke on board! Just beam the whole ship into the nearest sun! I think TPTB opened up a can of worms that they'll regret later.

I really enjoyed seeing Barrett again. He and Sam work so well together. And At looked kind of tired to me, but she's such a great actress. It's so good to see Sam back in action.
      I agree. They're getting entirely too comfortable with
      Spoiler:
      beaming technology.

Rather than having a whole blank section for spoilers here is my warning that below are my comments on Ex Deus Machina...

SPOILER SPACE

--I, too, wish there had been a bit more with the rejoining SG1 scene, but I loved Amanda's look as she accepted the patch. And I marvelled at how good she looks mere weeks after having a baby. Although I did feel like, poor Amanda, she must know everyone's especially looking at her figure now to see how well she got back into shape. I liked the jeans & coat outfit. Cool but still professional looking.

--I agree with AGateFan that Sam did seem quite "in charge" or at least in a comfortable command role. I still am clinging to the hope that the new SG1 will not have an obvious command structure & that however unrealistic it may be Sam and Cam will be sort of co-commanders (I'm not holding out hope that Sam will be in command after various interviews etc. )

--I liked that Barrett is still pining for Sam. her comment on not being exactly single I will choose to ignore (as an anti-shipper).

--Tealc looked so sad and worn down by the Garek stuff at the end of the episode. Well played by CJ.

--overall an ok episode, IMO, but great to have Sam back. Still waiting for a team offworld episode.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        SPOILER SPACE

And I marvelled at how good she looks mere weeks after having a baby. Although I did feel like, poor Amanda, she must know everyone's especially looking at her figure now to see how well she got back into shape.

--I liked that Barrett is still pining for Sam. her comment on not being exactly single I will choose to ignore (as an anti-shipper).
        She has nothing to worry about as she looks FAB!!

What about SMOR

Now for some pics:

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Happy birthday, Amanda!

Best wishes!

(Click the thumbnail for the hi-res image.)

Comment

Originally posted by brjsg1
            This is my first post ever. Mostly just read. Not sure if this is the right place for this or not. Figured I would put it here anyway. I know this is more of a Sam thread but I read a while ago someone wanted clips of Amanda from cons etc.

Not sure if anyone would be/still be interested but I have about 2 1/2 hours of Amanda (and of the other actors there) on video form the Gatecon 2002 autcion. Just want to see what kind of response I get from this. If people are interested I will have to figure out how to get it online.

I will check back in a few days to see the kind of reponse this gets. If you have any questions just ask and I will answer them. I have not watched the tape since I filmed it in 2002. But I figured a lot of people like Amanda here and may never get to see this side of her. Figured I should show it to people who would be interested in it. Instead of having it sit in a draw like it has been for the past 3 years. Since no one I know would have an interest in it. Thanks.

BRJ
            YES. Me want.

Me no longer speak clearly because me thrilled at thought of new video.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hey gang! Just a quick note to say that I'm back from vacation. Had a fantastic time in Washington, DC. Now, off to clear out my email and watch Friday's episode.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!!
              sigpic

Comment

*delurks*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*lurks*
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

*delurks again*

Just an apology for not getting anything ready for AT's birthday...RL's been good to me, but VERY hectic! I've not had a chance to make/do/write anything.

*lurks*
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    YES. Me want.

Me no longer speak clearly because me thrilled at thought of new video.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.

Hows your vid going Uber?
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                      She has nothing to worry about as she looks FAB!!
                      I wasn't implying otherwise--just that it must be weird to have that kind of scrutiny. I know I was looking to see "is her uniform a bit more roomy than last season?"

What about SMOR
                      Well *we* know about Sam & Thor but not everyone understands it. Most people would think she might be involved with someone else who shall remain nameless

Maybe she actually means she's helping raise Cassandra's illegitimate child & that's the "hard time" she was referring to. After all, there was a reference to 9 months. I think we discussed that "storyline" here back in the spring when we were talking about how some people felt Stargate was becoming "As the Stargate Turns."

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        I know I was looking to see "is her uniform a bit more roomy than last season?"
                        I cant say that I thought that - did anyone else?
                        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                          I cant say that I thought that - did anyone else?
                          it seemed to me that things were shot out of order a lot. in some scenes her waist looked a bit fuller, but in others it didn't.

not only does she have to deal with the body changes of carrying a child, but also of breast feeding so things will change a bit. post partum women are often discouraged from dieting drastically when they are breastfeeding because they are eating for two

personally, i don't care if she's a size 14, as long as she's there and happy.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            it seemed to me that things were shot out of order a lot. in some scenes her waist looked a bit fuller, but in others it didn't.

not only does she have to deal with the body changes of carrying a child, but also of breast feeding so things will change a bit. post partum women are often discouraged from dieting drastically when they are breastfeeding because they are eating for two

personally, i don't care if she's a size 14, as long as she's there and happy.
                            Hmm - so people have been looking lol

What does partum mean?
                            love Torri

Comment

Just a quick Happy Birthday Amanda!!! I'm so glad that I found the best series that has the most brilliant and pretty and wonderful actress in the world!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AncientKnowledge
                                I'm so glad that I found the best series that has the most brilliant and pretty and wonderful actress in the world!!!!!!
                                As am I - If your reading Amanda Happy Birthday again
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X