• Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, 4 DAYS UNTIL AMANDA'S BIRTHDAY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      OMG, 4 DAYS UNTIL AMANDA'S BIRTHDAY!!!!
      aaah, you're right!

i don't see this month as august, just the number 8.

amanda's had a wonderful year (she got a gift from god).

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Not sure if anyone has seen this article from the Stargate Official Magazine No. 6 but it is from an interview with Mallozzi and Gero and this part caught my eye:

"Mallozzi: In reference to Richard Dean Anderson: I know a lot of people are like, "Well, it's not going to be the same without O'Neill, when you take O'Neill out of the show." He hasn't really been in the show all that much over the past couple years, but he has been a presence.

It almost seems like you've previously had to write with handcuffs on, because of the scheduling issues before this season.

Mallozzi: In fact we have, we have. It was really difficult - I think it was in season six, before he became General - trying to figure out ways to get him out of episodes. He's injured, he calls ahead, he's stuck in traffic, "I'll meet you off-world."

Gero: It's funny ... I remember when we were breaking Ties That Bind. We had buried Mitchell's character to reduce his days. Rob [Cooper] came in and looked over the board and was like, "You know, we don't have to write around him. We can use him in every scene if we want to." Oh, yeah! How wonderful is that! That definitely is freeing.

Mallozzi: On the other hand, I know he is the hero. I wouldn't think he's a replacement for Rick, but I mean he is the team leader at least for the first couple of episodes. But I still think the show is more about the team than a lead.

Gero: More than the sum of its parts.

Mallozzi: I guess what I'm tying to say is that I don't want the fans or anyone else to think that it's going to be the same old 'Cameron Mitchell Show.' We're always going to try to include all four of team members in any episode."

I don't know when this interview for the magazine was done but the part I highlighted is what caught me off-guard - hopefully mallozzi is not once again yanking on fan chain . . . .

Comment

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...Beachhead1.jpg

AT: Oh no, no, no ... I think you must have me mistaken with someone else. I play Samantha Carter, remember? There is absolutely no way I'm going to wear that leather bustier thing-a-majig. The guys at Scifi can just bite me.

Comment

There is a great article that RDA wrote himself. I think it shows how funny and genuine he really is! It makes me miss him that much more!! There is also a little story that AT added at the end very sad (I didn’t know about her step dad). I'm not sure if anyone here has read it yet or not. You can read it on spoilergate or Somnium typed up the article and posted it in the J/S Shipper thread. Here is the thread where you can find the article:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=10872
            Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 24 August 2005, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc

Mallozzi: On the other hand, I know he is the hero. I wouldn't think he's a replacement for Rick, but I mean he is the team leader at least for the first couple of episodes. But I still think the show is more about the team than a lead.
              i noticed that too, the first time i read it. i didn't want to set myself up with hopes again, so i didn't let myself believe it. no matter what happens with mitchell (and i really, really like him), i'll still want sam as leader of sg1.

we'll see i guess.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Somnium/ One of the Bazillion Stargate Books
                Spoiler:

AT describes how filming Jacob's deathbed scene reminded her of
                attending the death of her own step father about 12 months
                previous. She started to cry off camera and couldn't stop.
                Eventually pulling herself together she went to the observation room
                to film a scene with RDA, AT says - `We're getting ready for this
                little scene between Carter and O'Neill, which is quite wonderful
                and some interesting things are brought to bear. Rick turned to me
                and said `You're not crying are you?' and I went, `Yes, I am'. And
                he replied, `I hate it when you cry, I hate it'. And it was just the
                perfect prelude to the little scene between us'.

Now that... That's really sweet. Stuff like THIS shows how close these people have been for nine years. I rarely see stuff like this anymore.

Comment

Is anyone in Samanda on AIM? AND...

I'm really hoping that TPTB aren't yanking our chain, bink, but I'm beginning to think that they are...

Nevertheless...

Originally posted by Joe Mallozzi's Blog
                  Spoiler:
                  Okay, no sooner do things die down regarding my spoiler rant than someone directs me to a website so I could check out the SciFi promo for this weeks' episodes. Thankfully, the promo for Instinct only spoils the first act break. The promo for Ex Deus Machina scores the daily double by not only spoiling the first act break but spoiling the fourth act break, final twist, as well. I mean, come. Its one thing when a fan-based website digs up spoilers for upcoming episodes and posts them on their site for fans to actively access, but when your broadcaster spoils the episode's twists and turns in promos sprung on unsuspecting viewers, well... I guess if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. So here are all the major spoilers for the rest of the season:

1. Daniel and Dr. Lam hook up.
                  2. Bratac dies defending Chulak from the Priors.
                  3. Chulak is destroyed.
                  4. Mitchell is a mole for The Trust who has a change of heart about his employers and turns on them before season's end.
                  5. Landry is kidnapped while on an off-world diplomatic mission. He is rescued at episode's end, but it won't be until much later in the season that we realize the Landry we saved is an android and the real Landry is still off-world.
                  6. Teal'c gets married.
                  7. Carter discovers she is a latent telepath.
                  8. A furling joins the team and the furry little scamp gets into all sorts of trouble, leaving little "presents" in his fellow team members' boots.
                  9. SG-1 visits a planet where the natives communicate by song. Things go awry and the team must sing their way out of a dangerous predicament.
                  10. Hathor II.

11. Just kidding.
                  You have to admit that the guy is pretty funny. And crafty. Half of those things could be true, and we'd be none the wiser, simply because he puts a "Just kidding" at the end. My favorite one, by far, is Number Nine. That would definitely be Hell, but it'd be oh, so hilarious.

No, seriously... I'm gonna have some issues if he's deliberately screwing with us.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                    There is a great article that RDA wrote himself. I think it shows how funny and genuine he really is! It makes me miss him that much more!! There is also a little story that AT added at the end very sad (I didn’t know about her step dad). I'm not sure if anyone here has read it yet or not. You can read it on spoilergate or Somnium typed up the article and posted it in the J/S Shipper thread. Here is the thread where you can find the article:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=10872
                    Thanks for posting this here, Ann.
                    It's awesome that they share these stories with us, and it always shows that they are really these wonderful people we have come to admire - and that goes for both of them. Unfortunately, I know just too well how Amanda must have felt - I can't even imagine having to do such a scene.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

I was up on Ebay tonight and found this t-shirt for sale. I thought it just about says it all for me...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        I was up on Ebay tonight and found this t-shirt for sale. I thought it just about says it all for me...

LOL, so true.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          Gosh.....people of all ages from all over the world living in peace and harmony is one thing.....but Vols fans and Gator fans?
                          WOW !!!!!

Oh, well, the heralding of football season means peace is shattered
                          once again by pigskin posturing. Such is life in the South!
                          Oh I would not say peace is shattered - I mean should the Vols win well I would get over it and in no way would I every give another Samandan a hard time over a pigskin of course I don't need to worry 'cause this is the year of the GATOR
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76

Yep. I'm a Jack/Sam shipper, but I really like the RL brother-sister friendship they seem to have. That's neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                              Thanks for posting this here, Ann.
                              It's awesome that they share these stories with us, and it always shows that they are really these wonderful people we have come to admire - and that goes for both of them. Unfortunately, I know just too well how Amanda must have felt - I can't even imagine having to do such a scene.

Yes I agree with you - AT & RDA are great people and they seem to be really good friends in RL which makes me enjoy these stories all the more.

I am sorry to hear about the loved one you lost. (((Dani76)))

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

1. Daniel and Dr. Lam hook up.
                                2. Bratac dies defending Chulak from the Priors.
                                3. Chulak is destroyed.
                                4. Mitchell is a mole for The Trust who has a change of heart about his employers and turns on them before season's end.
                                5. Landry is kidnapped while on an off-world diplomatic mission. He is rescued at episode's end, but it won't be until much later in the season that we realize the Landry we saved is an android and the real Landry is still off-world.
                                6. Teal'c gets married.
                                7. Carter discovers she is a latent telepath.
                                8. A furling joins the team and the furry little scamp gets into all sorts of trouble, leaving little "presents" in his fellow team members' boots.
                                9. SG-1 visits a planet where the natives communicate by song. Things go awry and the team must sing their way out of a dangerous predicament.
                                10. Hathor II.
                                11. Just kidding.
                                i have to say, out of all of joe's FAKE spoilers, i love number 7! i *really* think that would be cool!

and about the amanda quote from threads... i'd heard about her step father dying and her being there, so i can imagine that scene being doubly hard
                                Spoiler:
                                (seeing as she wasn't going to work with carmen/jacob again either).
                                but what i loved about that quote was the real and tender friendship between amanda and rda. that's more than nice.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X