Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatebee
    (((((((( NC )))))))) thanks for that interview.... I too love the "Carter and Co." on her trailer door. So sweet.
    I second that, too funny - it's this kind of small tidbits of info that made me adore Amanda so much.
    Thanks for posting it here NC, awesome job.

I am still waiting for my magazine but now I've got something to look forward to. And the next issue, too. Yippee!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

You did it! Entity lives!
      But please keep voting!

Round 53 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Proving Ground was eliminated in Round 52.

Thanks to you, Entity, a very Sam-Centric ep, has dropped from #2 to #9.

You can make a difference! Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...60#post4435060

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Thanks!

Comment

3 DAYS 'TILL SAM/AMANDA RETURNS!!

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Über Congratulations on 1,800

and great new avatar
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
            ((( NC ))) !!

Thanks so much for taking the time to type up this article for us. I really enjoyed reading it. Loved "Carter and Co." Also got a kick out of AT's comment...

'I was like, "Crap! I'm not part of SG-1 ! Oh my God!" It was really funny -one of the guest stars caught me doing it and he just burst out laughing and said, "The look on your face -you were so disappointed that you didn't have the SG-1 badge," and I was. Totally! It was weird. Carter will be on SG.1 -it's just for this episode (Beachhead) that she's not.'

Thanks again.
            yes, NC, *thank you* for the amanda interview!

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Wow! Thanks so much for thanks for transcribing the article for easy reading, NearlyCircular!!!

Skydiver... LOL!!! at your new avatar pic!

ForeverSG-1 - great new sig pic!!

And to everyone - thanks for posting such wonderfully thoughtful and considerate posts... chocdoc, foreversg-1, majorsal, dani76, jeri, suekay, osiris-ra, samfan31, strix, uber, golfbooy, chopingal, nearlycircular, bink, tsaxlady, sg1fanintn, 1speed, agentdark...and all others who posted over the past day or two of posts that I was able to catch up on (I apologize to any that I missed)

A round of *Special* Blue Jello for the House is decidedly in order!

Comment

Thanks NearlyCircular for posting the interview with AT! I cannot imagine going back to work 6 weeks after natural child birth!! AT is a superwoman! Acting on Strgate SG-1 isn't exactly a desk job, I continue to be impresssed!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                  "Yesterday we were wearing our jackets, and I looked down and my patch said 'SGC' not 'SG-1'. Ben Browder had the SG-1 patch and I didn't. It was really weird [laughs]. I was like, "Crap! I'm not part of SG-1 ! Oh my God!" It was really funny -one of the guest stars caught me doing it and he just burst out laughing and said, "The look on your face -you were so disappointed that you didn't have the SG-1 badge," and I was. Totally! It was weird. Carter will be on SG.1 -it's just for this episode (Beachhead) that she's not."
                  Heh heh. I can just see her calmly looking around at everyone, and then noticing Ben's shirt, then glancing at her own... Heh heh.

Thanks for typing this up for us NC!
                  Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 16 August 2005, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    Über Congratulations on 1,800

and great new avatar
                    Why thank ya...

I had the toughest time choosing...so many great Sam pics from which to choose! So I went with one of my favorite pics of her from Season 8...from Icon (one of the few Sam in command offworld eps)...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                      It feels like an agenda on their part to me----fortunately your thoughtful comments have given me the perspective I needed and what this is about. And we certainly can and do appreciate Sam without having to slam other characters. What's the point of it?!
                      it is in a way. they like another character. which is totally cool. however, in the mindset of some to like one means that you MUST dislike another or, in my interpretation, be jealous of the other character because the other one is seen to be a 'threat' to the preferred character.

and, iirc, many of the folks who hate the stuffins out of sam happen to also have hated the stuffins out of jonas. anyone and anything that is a threat to their preferred character, again speaking in BROAD generalizations here being that many of the sam haters prefer daniel, well anyone and anything that threatens their daniel is 'bad'

for whatever reasons they like to proclaim thier dislike far and wide and make as much noise as humanly possible

me? hey, i got better things to do than to deluge the studio with 'get rid of sam' mail or to spend my whole day spamming message boards and making up sock puppets. i for one have a life. if that's how they wanna spend thier time? eh, whatever. i ain't thier mother.

i like sam, i prefer sam and should bridge/mgm/scifi ever be stupid enough to write sam out - or should amanda choose to leave - i know of this nifty thing called an off switch, and i ain't afraid to use it
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Why thank ya...

I had the toughest time choosing...so many great Sam pics from which to choose! So I went with one of my favorite pics of her from Season 8...from Icon (one of the few Sam in command offworld eps)...

Yep. Very cool! Now, excuse my ignorance, but where do you guys find such clear pictures?!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          it is in a way. they like another character. which is totally cool. however, in the mindset of some to like one means that you MUST dislike another or, in my interpretation, be jealous of the other character because the other one is seen to be a 'threat' to the preferred character.

and, iirc, many of the folks who hate the stuffins out of sam happen to also have hated the stuffins out of jonas. anyone and anything that is a threat to their preferred character, again speaking in BROAD generalizations here being that many of the sam haters prefer daniel, well anyone and anything that threatens their daniel is 'bad'
                          I typically would agree that that's a broad generalization and leave it at that. But, for cryin' out loud, you've got a point!

Some of the more vocal (and less - how shall we say it? - crafty) fans downright say that they don't like Sam solely because she takes away from Daniel's "limelight."

Oh yeah, and because her smile (and hair) recently are TOTALLY against Air Force Regulations.

Sorry, but I'm not a fan of ANY character having a "limelight." That's dangerous, crazy talk. Having all characters be equally "proactive" as a unit, however? Well, to quote a good man: "That's what I'm talkin' about."

Comment

Congrats on 1800 posts, Über!!!

Comment

Congrats on 1800 posts Über !

I love your new avatar !

For you all to know, Lys is doing a very happy dance !
                              I'm the proud owner of this marvelous thing since a few minutes :

A brand new stargate shaped season 8 DVDs box set with lots of extras including a convention with Amanda Tapping !
                              I'm so happy !
                              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                Congrats on 1800 posts Über !

I love your new avatar !

For you all to know, Lys is doing a very happy dance !
                                I'm the proud owner of this marvelous thing since a few minutes :

A brand new stargate shaped season 8 DVDs box set with lots of extras including a convention with Amanda Tapping !
                                I'm so happy !
                                I'm not jealous. No siree.

I'm. Happy. For. You.

REALLY.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X