No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a caption from SciFi Channels Stargate SG-1 page I thought y'all might enjoy

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
      Here's hoping that Sam's return does justice to her character! By the way, I wonder when we get to see spoiler pictures for Beach Head, for those so inclined?
      I hope so, too. The only spoiler pics I've seen so far are on the Stargate-Project page. http://www.stargate-project.de/stargate/index.php
      But I am sure, you all have seen those before.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
        Here is a caption from SciFi Channels Stargate SG-1 page I thought y'all might enjoy

I saw it, too, and got all excited when I did. Pretty cool, thanks for the post.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

6 DAYS 'TILL AMANDA/SAM RETURNS!!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
            Thanks for posting this here - already took care of my voting "duty"
            i did too. i tried to pick one ep per season, but picked three in s7. here's my choices --

s1 - solitudes
            s2 - in the line of duty
            s3 - urgo
            s4 - entity
            s5 - meridian
            s6 - paradise lost
            s7 - heroes 2, lost city 1 & 2
            s8 - threads

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sally

WHOOHOO, only 6 days left!!!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sally
                hooray finally Sam will be back at SGC ...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  For those of you who don't know ...

Oh my goodness, what a zinger
                  sueKay is home with a broken finger
                  Such a blow for our fair lassie
                  With fic and blog and art so classy

Samandans hope there's not much pain
                  And she'll soon be feeling right as rain
                  Sometimes life can be unfair
                  And stop us short, quite unaware

The universe sends out its random spin
                  To slow things down and bear and grin
                  In the meantime, Jester proposes
                  A gift of lovely, fragrant roses!

sueKay, may you heal quickly!

Chopin Gal.... my very sentiments .... lovely poem for SueKay. I hope she gets to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    Thanks Chopingal!!!

Thankfully...I only need to use the mouse with my graphics programs!!!!

I'm gonna post the only sketch I have of Sam online in a moment...hang on...

It's not a very good scan unfortunately!
                    very nice graphics SueKay....

Comment

Just thought I'd share

Note: This is the first Actor/Character one of these I've done...I normally make them for episodes or fanfics.

Be kind!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/at.jpg
                      SueKay , very lovely...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Ok, I know this is probably not how it's going to happen, but this is how I envisioned Vala and Sam's first meeting to be.

Teal'c has just stepped through the Stargate with Mitchell standing at the bottom of the ramp awaiting his arrival. Sam is standing in the briefing room gazing down at the scene below as Daniel and Vala enter the room.

Daniel: Sam!!

Daniel walks over to Sam and gives her a hug while Vala stands back at the door trying to look inconspicuous.

Sam: (warm smile) Hey Daniel.

Daniel: (looks questioningly at Sam) They decided it was worth taking the risk?

Sam nods her head.

Daniel: I'm sorry Sam.

Sam: Yeah. Well. You know. Sam shrugs.

Daniel: We've really missed you. Mitchell hasn't stopped yammering about getting the team back together.

Sam: Really?

Daniel: You have no idea what we've been through the past few weeks.

Sam: (glancing over towards Vala) Oh, I think I have some idea.

Daniel: (lowers his voice to a low growl) I don't think I've ever met a woman so...so...manipulative, intrusive, and infuriating. Not to mention...

Sam: beautiful, intelligent and highly intriguing.

Daniel stands silently with his mouth a gape.

Sam: She really is quite smart, Daniel. Daniel looks inquisitively at Sam. I've read the reports regarding the Prometheus incident. Regardless of how annoying you may find her to be, you have to admit she's extremely resourceful.

Daniel: You're only saying that because you haven't had to work with her yet.

Sam: (grinning) Well you don't get to be a Lt. Colonel in the United States Air Force without dealing with people like Vala on occassion. I seriously doubt there is anything Vala could do or say that would get under my skin.

Vala: A trait Daniel here has yet to acquire. (smiling) Vala. Vala Malduran.

Sam: Lt. Colonel Sam Carter.

Vala: So... (looking Sam up and down) you're the brilliant astrophysicist the boys here at the SGC have been going on about.

Sam looks over towards Daniel who just shrugs.

Vala: Odd. I had pictured you to be a little more...I don't know...

Sam: ...what?

Vala: Well to be quite frank...male. Daniel never mentioned that you were a woman.

Daniel: She never asked. *looking extremely frustrated as he looks at Vala* You never asked.

Grinning, Sam steps back and watches Vala and Daniel begin to banter with one another, obviously forgetting that she is even there.
                        Very, very nice. If only TPTB can do something along this lines. It would be a blast.

Comment

Just thought I'd share

Note: This is the first Actor/Character one of these I've done...I normally make them for episodes or fanfics.

Be kind!

Oh that pic is lovely, i think it shows Sam/Amanda in many differant ways and you've managed to capture that really well.
                          Wish i knew how to do this, i don't even know how to have a Sam sig in my posts All this is very new to me i'm afraid as i've only just in the last few months got a pc and learning my way around it!
                          ......TARA......

Comment

I'm crossing fingers in hope that GW is going to play nice with me today. It's been a pain in the mickta to post recently.

Deer Jester, congrats for you who reached another milestone.
                            1400 posts or should I say 1400 poems ? You should win a Nobel prize.

Forever, what are you doing away of the Bridges Studios ? You should go to Vancouver and pestering them until they hire you as a writer. You rock !

Sky, enjoy the Grand Canyon. It must be such a manificent place. Now I'm dreaming of seing it one day.

Suekay I loved your artwork and pic. You're very talented. I hope the finger doesn't hurt much and that it'll heal quickly.

And best news for the next week :

Sam is coming back !!!!!!

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                              The character of Carter had some major arcs over the course of the past couple of seasons where other characters (like Daniel and Teal'c) did not. That said, all of the respective team members will get their opportunity to shine over the course of season 9.

I’m upset by this because I’m thinking back to the last couple of season and this is what I have come up with. major spoilers
                              Spoiler:
                              Replicators - Carter and Daniel they both were tortured. yes Sam had a look a like she only dealt with her in one episode– entire team/Jacob destroyed them
                              Ascended & descending – Daniel including his time with Oma
                              Readjusting to SG-1 - Daniel
                              Trying to safe Sarah - Daniel
                              Freeing Jaffa – Teal’c
                              Personal relationships arc - Teal’c/Ishta Sam/Pete Jack/Kerry my ever hopeful Jack/Sam
                              Jack dealing with being in charge of the SGC
                              The rest were arcs dealt with by the entire Team.

Now this is off the top of my head. Can anyone else think of a major story arc that Sam was involved in? I'm not trying to be a smart aleck. I was thinking her story arcs were going along the same time as Daniel’s, Jack’s and Teal’c. I’m just curious I thought I would ask you guys before I ask JM about it.

On the up side:
                              Yay!!! Sam returns for the next episode!!!

Comment

Maybe JM implied that Sam's story arcs had the longest run of the last seasons. I can't find anything to add to your list but
                                Spoiler:
                                the Pete story arc lasted for both seasons and the Replicarter one for almost the entire season 8

I'd for once would have loved to add to the list a Sam commanding officer of SG1 story arc. Why didn't we get an episode dealing with that ? We had one focusing on Jack's new position in the SGC, why not one about Sam ?
                                I know the shippers aren't going to be pleased with me but I'd rather have a strong adventure type episode with Sam, as SG1's leader, dealing with Baal or whatever Goa'uld you want, than Threads.
                                Now I'm cowering in a corner waiting for some angry shippers to throw penguin missiles at me and rotten tomatoes.
                                Agent Dark ! Help me !
                                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X