Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    in a few hours i'll be signing off for vacation for a couple of weeks. i'll check in when i can, but i have no idea what access i'll have

if you guys have any problems, shipperahoy and feli are great mods and they can help you out.

if anyone sends me pm's, i'll get to them when i can.

I'm gonna depend on y'all to keep sam happy and alive and we can all celebrate her return to the show in a couple of weeks

have fun kids and be good
    Hey Sky, love your avatar! Samanda??

Have a wonderful and fun vacation! You're going and Astro's coming back! We promise to be good and play nice!

Comment

in a few hours i'll be signing off for vacation for a couple of weeks. i'll check in when i can, but i have no idea what access i'll have

if you guys have any problems, shipperahoy and feli are great mods and they can help you out.

I'm gonna depend on y'all to keep sam happy and alive and we can all celebrate her return to the show in a couple of weeks

Have a great vacation, sky!
      (Love your new avatar, btw!)

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Did this ever get answered? It's from S7 Chimera ... while they were shooting the Osiris confrontation I believe. And maybe that season's Lowdown had the original shot.

I think I'm right because I was so traumatized by that episode and you-know-who that it made an imprint on my mind!
        OK so I went through the Lowdown (pre-season 7 one) and did not see that clip.

Does ANYONE know if this is just a promo pic or from a video clip or what???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

I do remember seeing it. It's on the behind the scenes footage for a season 7 episode, I think - one Peter DeLuise did. We are still talking about Amanda and the tent, right?
          sigpic

Comment

Have a great holiday Skydiver and i'm sure we will be very good and keep Sam happy while you are away
            ......TARA......

Comment

have a lovely vacation SKY.

Comment

14 DAYS 'TILL SAM/AMANDA RETURNS!!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Über, check your PM inbox.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Hi Spaz ... here's the scoop ... there's "no scoop" because Astro left for a three-week vacation in Hawaii right after she sent the package. She had to use her return address when sendiing the item through customs, etc. and I am so hoping that AT or at least her personal assistant has taken the time to drop a small note of appreciation back to Astro! She had spent many long hours making the project come to life and then did such a superb job on the binding. So, let's keep our Samandan fingers crossed that when Keeper is looking through three weeks' worth of backed-up mail, a little surprise appears from Bridge Studios.

That's about where it stands for now ... the book probably arrived about two weeks ago. I would have loved to have been in the room when Amanda saw it for the first time. I truly believe she was touched by such a unique gift from such a unique group of fans here in Samanda!

Hic comitas regit!

When Astro returns, we'll see if she has anything new to add.
                    Cool! Thanks for the "skinny," CG.

Comment

Ok, based on last night's episode--
                      Sam thinking: I must have been crazy to come back to *this*.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        Ok, based on last night's episode--
                        Sam thinking: I must have been crazy to come back to *this*.
                        It doesn't sound like I missed anything on last night's episode. I had a bad feeling about it when I saw the trailors last week. So I'm glad I missed it. (wow never thought I would say that. ) Sam returns soon YAY!!!

I took a break last night from the packing and searching for our move and instead of watching SG-1 I began to write another fanfiction. Of course who knows when RL will allow me to finish it.

Comment

Have a wonderful holiday Sky.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
                            I posted this on the Sam thread but I'll post it here too as it's relevant as to why I think Amanda is deserving of the appreciation and support of the fans.

I first met Amanda when I'd just turned 18 and she is an absolute sweetheart. She's so self deprecating and funny and just absolutely adorable and so inspiring to listen to. She's just so great to listen to when she's talking about Stargate and Sam and life in general and I think it's wonderful how she plays a role in supporting women acting in Canada and it's kick ass that she directed for Stargate too and did such a great job. She's so versatile and talented in many areas.

She really cares about how Sam is portrayed and what the fans think and I think that's a wonderful thing. She always wants to stay true to the character, and she's such an encouraging and inspirational lady too and a great role model. I met her again last year and she's still absolutely adorable. I don't think I could ever think otherwise.

If you ever get a chance to talk to her at a convention you should because I'm pretty sure you'll come away thinking just how lovely she is. There's something about her where you can just tell she's an absolute sweetheart. She's just naturally a very warm and caring lady and one of the most lovely actresses I've had the pleasure to meet.

She is very beautiful too. In person it's just like wow! She really is pretty and she's so talented. Amanda's one of those actresses who can convey more emotion with just a facial expression than many others could by saying a whole page of dialogue and that truly is a special and unique gift. She brings life to Sam and emotion and heart and that's great. the characters is multi faceted and layered and Amanda truly shines in the role.

Overall Amandas an excllent lady and thats why I started this thread.

Luce xxx (who gets off her soap box and runs lol)
                            Oh My God! You've just said everything I would have said.

I met Amanda a couple of years back and she's just fabulous. One of the sweetest, funniest people you could ever meet.

I think she and Teryl Rothery together would be an incredible double act if you ever got to go to a convention with both of them (Teryl's also brilliant! And she's this tiny little person, compared with Amanda who's so tall!)

Oh, and I bet Amanda's the perfect mother, too. There's just something about her that says she'd be great with kids!

Comment

Originally posted by dmovies
                              I've never had the privilege of meeting Amanda-but from all I've read and seen she is a high class lady. Her comments about RDA, now that he's left the show, have been positive. Something we really can't say for his other two regular stars. I knew she would take the high road, and I'm not entirely sure she's as fond of him as everyone thinks. I can't image her being more lovely in person, cause on screen she's perfect. Her beauty seems to be both inside and out. I love this thread-keep it up!
                              Excuse the ignorance, but what have the guys said about RDA? And what makes you think she's not all that fond of him?

I remember Michael Shanks making some interesting comments at a convention once, but everyone took it as sarcasm --- him having a bit of a laugh at the boss, if you know what I mean.

Like you, I can't imagine Amanda saying anything bad about anyone. She just doesn't seem to be that type (I know she gets along really well with Christopher Judge! She called him on her mobile while she was in the middle of a convention in Melbourne once! Got everyone to yell out to him!)

Comment

I figured I could/should/would share this with you.

In November for a challenge I wrote 26 drabbles, one for each letter of the alphabet, with Sam as the focus (here ).

Finally added them to my site today, so I thought maybe you would like to read.

The Sam Carter A to Z
                                sigpic-
                                +I thought I was a fool for no one
                                but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Working...
                                X