• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
    Happy Birthday tsaxlady!!!
    Happy Birthday tsaxlady!!!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
    Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
      I'm very sorry to intrude, but I wanted you to know that Atteria, my wife, had her surgery early this AM and is now in the ICU. I have no idea if she will recover, as the surgeons are being very guarded in their prognosis.

However, if she does survive, she will NOT be returning to the Forum. Thanks to a very malevolent moderator and an owner of this Forun, I will NOT let her return. She has been insulted and threatened enough, for NO good reason. If she recovers, I will then tell her what has transpired. She was reported by this extremely insecure and sick individual for an innocuous private message. She always told me that if you had an issue, you took it to the private mesasage. Guess that doesn't hold for some, as this moderator ran to the owner and complained.

Sorry, but I'm scared, angry and just sick at heart. I may lose the kindest person I have ever known.

I did not need to come home, to take care of our pup, to find a threatening message, for NO good reason.

I'm returning now to the hospital. Thank you, everyone on this thread, for your kind words and best wishes.

Again, I apologize for intruding with real world problems.
      Please don't apologize for being human. I'm tearing up as I'm reading this. I'm going home now and will pray for your wife. Please let her know she's in our thoughts and prayers. Being a very spiritual person myself, I believe this is the best thing I can do for you and your love.

I'm so sorry about what transpired at gate world. I wish there was something I could do.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my heart filled with hope.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
      Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
        Sorry, but I just felt a silly pic was due:

Christopher Judge thinking to himself : "ok, do you as usual : pretend you don't know her"

Comment

I'm totally speechless, but I want to just say... something. This is so totally wrong. Our Atteria has never deserved abuse of any kind on this forum. I am so sorry to hear about this. And especially at a time like this. Thinking of her in hospital...
          I desparately hope that she pulls through. I don't pretend to know anything about your wife, or her medical condition, but I know she's a kind person, and that, at times, seems to be the only thing that matters in this world. She deserves life.
          I'm very sorry to intrude, but I wanted you to know that Atteria, my wife, had her surgery early this AM and is now in the ICU. I have no idea if she will recover, as the surgeons are being very guarded in their prognosis.

However, if she does survive, she will NOT be returning to the Forum. Thanks to a very malevolent moderator and an owner of this Forun, I will NOT let her return. She has been insulted and threatened enough, for NO good reason. If she recovers, I will then tell her what has transpired. She was reported by this extremely insecure and sick individual for an innocuous private message. She always told me that if you had an issue, you took it to the private mesasage. Guess that doesn't hold for some, as this moderator ran to the owner and complained.

Sorry, but I'm scared, angry and just sick at heart. I may lose the kindest person I have ever known.

I did not need to come home, to take care of our pup, to find a threatening message, for NO good reason.

I'm returning now to the hospital. Thank you, everyone on this thread, for your kind words and best wishes.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Sam was in Stargate Atlantis! Sam was in Stargate Atlantis! Sam! She was in Stargate Atlantis!
            Did I mention Sam was in Atlantis last night?
            She said...
            Atlantis!

Sam was in SG:A last night!

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I don't know what happened...so I can't really say anything.
              But I want to say that Atteria will be in my prayers and that I wholeheartedly wish that she recovers soon.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

I'm stunned. I only came on here to make a comment about the two eps I've just watched, and now it all just seems so insignificant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                  So, are we going to do something for Amanda's BD this year?
                  I'd be more than willing to organize the purchase of a birthday gift from Samanda if anyone is interested. Although everyone should probably understand that Amanda receives many gifts for her birthday and more than likely anything that is sent may be given away to local children's hospitals, charity ect.

I know the Amanda Tapping Fan Club has an online birthday card that you can sign and leave a message. They will be accepting messages until August 25th and mailing the messages as well as a birthday card off to Amanda. If you wish to be a part of this, please check out
                  http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/about/news.html

Her official website may have something like this as well...
                  www.amandatapping.com

Again if anyone else is interested in sending her a birthday gift please send me a PM and I'll start looking at gift choices.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                    Sorry, but I just felt a silly pic was due:

Amanda: Watch out Samandans, big smootch coming for you.
                    Chris: Hm, I really gotta become a member of Samanda...

BTW, for everybody who likes behind the scenes stuff (like me ), there is this video by the stargate dream team (www.stargate-dream-team.de) called "Accidentally in love". It just makes me smile and feel good every time I watch it.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Hello, Samanda!

Just checking in briefly. This has been the most challenging week I've had at work in a year, but this awful project should be finished and behind me by tomorrow. Tomorrow night, I'm going to sit down at the computer and catch up on all the pages of posts I've missed...just like I've meant to do for days!

The reason I'm checking in now is to ask you to think positive thoughts for one of our fellow Samandans over the next few days. She asked me not to tell you she needs the support, so I can't say who it is (Sorry, I hate it when people say something like that to me too). But rest assured, one of our own would benefit from whatever positive energy you can send out.....whether it be in thoughts, prayers, good wishes or whatever seems appropriate to you.

Knowing you as I feel I have come to, I thought you would want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        First of all, how come this German website seems to come in with the early info much faster than GW and other American Stargate sites?

Secondly, I'm not thrilled about what I'm seeing ...

Spoiler:
                        So, here we have Sam Carter in a bubble suit looking as if she's taking orders from the regenerated Orlin in kid form! And, then, we have Landry and other males on base falling ill to the dreaded plague and also see Daniel and Cam leading some SGC warriors somewhere in the field ... where is Sam as soldier, commander, take-charge and kick-butt Carter in all this? And, sorry, I am not bonded with Landry enough to really care about his getting sick and threatened! If it were Jack or Sam, then this whole arc would be interesting and exciting ... but Sam seems to be not doing much of anything in her "estrogen bubble" suit ... other than testing out some of wunderkind Orlin's bright theorems and looking a bit angsty (Lord, didn't we have enough of that in S7 & 8?!). Not looking good for the home team! I hope there is much more to Fourth Horseman regarding Sam than what these first pictures are implying! It looks like a good 'ole boys' club to me. Testosterone rules!

Thanks for the link, AD. Unfortunately, it did not make my day.
                        This was my immediate reaction as well. So uninspired was I that I went back to one of Mallozzi's answers on Carter in S9 and he did say that Carter plays "a major role in FH 1 and 2" so I am, for now, taking him at his word (that is unusual for me these days since, IMO, they have soo taken the fans for granted these past few years and jerked us around too often). My guess, after a little thought, is that they are still holding Carter close to the vest for her return and do not want to let too much out. IMO the ratings have not been great for the first 3 eps, yeah they are about avergae with last season (which means slightly higher numbers since the number of households under Nielsen is higher per percentage point) but, IMO, that is still not impressive since we know their regualr Staragte fanbase was strong before the debacles began and I thought FS fans would bring the numbers up higher. To be honest I was expecting more for the ratings especially the way they have hyped the Farscape actors to grab FS fans - that does not really seem to have worked much, IMO. (I was also shocked that for an ep that "claimed" to include O'Neill, the numbers went down from 2.1 to 2.0 I would have thought that many would have tuned in to see the how they handled O'Neill. (They handled it very badly and they misrepresented (not my word - I have read this numerous times in posts all over the place about O'Neill's "appearance" in Origin) the ep by saying O'Neill was in it - they should have said he has a cameo as that is exactly what it was and a useless cameo if you ask me. Misrepresentation is their middle name though, IMO.)

I think they are hoping that a lot of the Stargate fans who have chosen to forgo the first few eps due to lack of O'Neill and Carter will bring the numbers up again for eps 6 and beyond so they want all those fans to tune in and thus are not giving much away regarding Carter. My major issue is whether Carter is offworld with the team - if she is not then to me this is not a good sign for their hype of Carter as soldier and they are once again blowing smoke up our skirts (did someone say misrepresentation?). I will, for the time being and with great apprehension, reseve judgement but I have got to believe, or else there is no reason to even watch ep 6, that they will make Carter an integral part of the stories and the team (as leader or joint leader) because they know that is where a good number of their fans are. We'll see . . . I hope I am not wasting my time though, it will be very disappointing to give up Stargate if they blow this.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                          Hi all! I'm trying to find a place to live, pack and move all within two very busy weeks and I hope we get everything moved by the time Beachhead airs. Strange priorities I know.

If this has already been brought up forgive me! I was looking at the pictures posted for the 4th Horseman and an idea struck me ...
                          Spoiler:
                          Okay so General Landry is sick and can't run the base. So who is running the base?? Could it be Sam. She was after all head of the Research and Development at area 51. She is a Lt. Colonel, maybe that is why she is still on base, well that and the fact that she is trying to come up with a cure with Orlin's help. Just a thought.
                          Super idea - I'll go with this one as it would make sense since Landry needs a second and it cannot be mitchell as that, IMO, would be the biggest crock o' crap to come down the Stargate path since, well since mitchell got the CMOH if Carter and O'Neill don't have one (I assume they each have at least one, I know, I know you can only get one but they each deserve at least 3 or 4 of them if mitch has 1!!) I also recall that way back when one of TPTB said that everyone guessing about Carter in charge or not in charge upon her return, etc., etc. were way off so perhaps . . . . (I would love it to see the collective choke from the anti-carter brigade - THAT would be fun!)

Also, just a quick comment on ATs schedule: first and foremost I do not begrudge her anything and she is entitled to do whatever she wants with her time on the show and with her family - - didn't she say in a recent interview, though, that she is working 14-15 hour days - if this is so and TPTB cannot write good scripts and include her as an integral part of the stories since her return then there is definitely something wrong with TPTB. I sincerely hope that they are not screwing up her time the way they screwed up the use of RDAs time in the past few seasons (and in Origin specifically).
                          Last edited by binkpmmc; 04 August 2005, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            First of all, how come this German website seems to come in with the early info much faster than GW and other American Stargate sites?

Secondly, I'm not thrilled about what I'm seeing ...

SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
                            So, here we have Sam Carter in a bubble suit looking as if she's taking orders from the regenerated Orlin in kid form! And, then, we have Landry and other males on base falling ill to the dreaded plague and also see Daniel and Cam leading some SGC warriors somewhere in the field ... where is Sam as soldier, commander, take-charge and kick-butt Carter in all this? And, sorry, I am not bonded with Landry enough to really care about his getting sick and threatened! If it were Jack or Sam, then this whole arc would be interesting and exciting ... but Sam seems to be not doing much of anything in her "estrogen bubble" suit ... other than testing out some of wunderkind Orlin's bright theorems and looking a bit angsty (Lord, didn't we have enough of that in S7 & 8?!). Not looking good for the home team! I hope there is much more to Fourth Horseman regarding Sam than what these first pictures are implying! It looks like a good 'ole boys' club to me. Testosterone rules!

Thanks for the link, AD. Unfortunately, it did not make my day.
                            Obviously, she's going to be the person who
                            Spoiler:
                            figures out the cure when no one else can and saves the world again!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              :O
                              Spoiler pics for The Fourth Horseman pt2
                              Sam pics!!!

Be warned though, a couple of those pics have some kinda bad spoilers for that episode If you wanna skip those, and just look at the Sam ones, check out the 4th, 5th and last pics on the side there
                              SAM!!

and speaking of our lady amanda....

15 DAYS 'TILL AMANDA/SAM RETURNS!!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                                Thanks, Agent Dark, for posting it here. Just love the pics of AT. I can hardly wait anymore for Sam to come back.
                                Major Sal, how much longer til we have our Sam back???
                                well, let's see....

(even though i just posted this, i MUST post it again! )

15 DAYS 'TILL AMANDA/SAM RETURNS!!

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X