Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys

ok, two things

first of all, something i don't always follow....we can't always know the outcome of an episode from the spoiler pics. how many times have we seen caps that focus only on one angle rather than the whole thing?

also, let us bear in mind that fourth horseman is soon after amanda returned to work. she may have a smaller role at her request. because of that, i will gladly take what little amanda i may get and not hold it against her in any way. olivia is more important than satisifying my fix

third of all, hey, for allwe know there's a huge sam centric eps hiding and she had a lessened role because of that

and fourth....nah, more importantly

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TXASLADY!!!!!!!!!!!
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
      Ack, I almost missed it......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TSAXLDY!!!!!!

May you have many more.....
      Add me to your birthday well-wishers! I can't do good graphics, but imagine a bouquet of flowers.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        hey guys

ok, two things

first of all, something i don't always follow....we can't always know the outcome of an episode from the spoiler pics. how many times have we seen caps that focus only on one angle rather than the whole thing?

also, let us bear in mind that fourth horseman is soon after amanda returned to work. she may have a smaller role at her request. because of that, i will gladly take what little amanda i may get and not hold it against her in any way. olivia is more important than satisifying my fix

third of all, hey, for allwe know there's a huge sam centric eps hiding and she had a lessened role because of that

Oh wise and experienced mod ... I hope you're right. But I'm confused about this being Amanda's "soon returning to work" ... wasn't Beachhead her return to the set and then a few other eppies ... isn't The Fourth Horseman the latter part of the season's filming schedule, which means that AT had already been on set for a month or two when she was going before the cameras in this mid-season cliff hanger?

Of course I'm not holding this against Amanda - shudder the thought! I'm responding honestly to what the first-released piccis are implying. From what we've been reading in Amanda's recent interviews, all has gone extremely well with her returning to the show and everyone has been very supportive. She has a full-time nanny and lovely Olivia in her trailer to play with between filming ... what more could a new momma ask for?

But I think we, as fans, are also asking for something for the actress too ... good scripts which feed her desire (and ours) to see Sam Carter as a professional soldier/scientist upon her return. How much of her we see ... who knows? And we respect her decision to know how much juggling of her two roles will have to take place. But, even briefly, I want to see Sam in a very positive light ... quality not quantity is fine! That's my point of view.

When she is on screen ... let her shine!

Peace, CG

Comment

hey guys

ok, two things

I am choosing to take that attitude as well--we won't know exactly what her role will be til we actually see the eps. At this point any Sam is better than no Sam for me. And JM did say (master dissembler that he is, notwithstanding) Sam will be key in a few episodes. And I'd never hold it against AT if it was *her* decision to have a smaller part in some episodes b/c of little Olivia. I know when she's in an episode she will be *in* the episode--she won't be half hearted. That's all we can really ask and I have confidence she'll deliver as always.

Comment

hey guys

ok, two things

Couldn't have said it better myself. I am just happy that Amanda decided to come back at all, it must be a big challenge. And I really hope that it is working out for her and her family. And, on a little selfish note: Hopefully, she'll decide to come back for season 10, should there be one. *Crosses fingers really hard.*

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
              Couldn't have said it better myself. I am just happy that Amanda decided to come back at all, it must be a big challenge. And I really hope that it is working out for her and her family. And, on a little selfish note: Hopefully, she'll decide to come back for season 10, should there be one. *Crosses fingers really hard.*
              Yeah. My fingers are crossed so hard I worry about my circulation.

Comment

tsaxlady
                Whoop de doo
                This little riff is for you!

Another year older
                But not to sweat
                The more decades you add
                The less you fret

Age is a given
                We can't change the date
                The older we get
                The more we bring to the plate

So have a great day
                And toot your own horn
                We at Samanda
                Are glad you were born

Happy Birthday!!
                Last edited by ChopinGal; 04 August 2005, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I was delighted to see the pics of Sam in Fourth Horseman.
                  Spoiler:
                  It looks like she's doing the science thing... trying to find a cure to save humanity... what's wrong with that? Heck, the others off-world could just be doing fetch and carry for all we know. I'm a-okay with Sam doing science in the interest of saving the world!

My LJ

Comment

Happy Birthday, tsaxlady!!!!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      Spoiler:
                      It looks like she's doing the science thing... trying to find a cure to save humanity... what's wrong with that? Heck, the others off-world could just be doing fetch and carry for all we know. I'm a-okay with Sam doing science in the interest of saving the world!
                      Hey Strix ... you get no argument from me there if she is really in charge of something big ... my concern is that she is supporting the guest child actor and we won't know that, will we, until the episode goes up!

Yes, I will be patient and I will watch every episode with Sam and then I'll see if my gut instincts proved me right or wrong!

Comment

Sorry, but I just felt a silly pic was due:

On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                          Sorry, but I just felt a silly pic was due:

LOL ... you are a dear Royal Counselor ... "timing" ... perfect timing! Thanks - she looks like she is really puckering up for a big smooch too!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            Hey Strix ... you get no argument from me there if she is really in charge of something big ... my concern is that she is supporting the guest child actor and we won't know that, will we, until the episode goes up!

Yes, I will be patient and I will watch every episode with Sam and then I'll see if my gut instincts proved me wrong!
                            JM said that Amanda would
                            Spoiler:
                            play major roles in Beachhead and The Fourth Horseman I and II. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2055

Let's just hope that JM means the same thing we do when he mentions
                            Spoiler:
                            "major roles".

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                              Spoiler:
                              Is this the episode where Sam,
                              Spoiler:
                              with mixed emotions, returns to the SGC
                              ?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                                Is this the episode where Sam,
                                Spoiler:
                                with mixed emotions, returns to the SGC
                                ?
                                Nope, the episode you're talking about would be