Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
    After conferring with Willie Mays, one opines that if one takes the smiley into consideration, next would probably come something under the order of turning up the heat before continuing the word association test.

Or should we move on to the Rorschach test...

::insert over-the-top cartoon cliché Freudian voice::
    <snip>
    Bahaha
    The part about Twin Amanda's was especially true

Comment

Sweetheart.. marry me! Now I don't feel so bad to admitting to identical Sam/AT tendencies... of course in my book the shallow is completely mitigated by the fact that the woman is brilliant

Umm yeah.. pretty pics are good...

Originally posted by alittletoolate
      I would like to just say hello.

The more I read (I am such a sucker for spoilers) the more scared I get, because, you no, less Sam means, well less Sam and less AT. I freaked out

I went from being a total Jack girl to lusting completely over AT and now loving her and Sam to bits. Sam is my favourite now. But without her, the rest dont hold up so well.

I know I shouldn't see a show like that, one or two characters, but I do because I can be that shallow. Don't get me wrong I like Teal'c and Daniel but come on, this is Sam.

I could never get why there is so much Sam bashing. I don't think anyone should really spend that much time and passion hating a character on a programme they supposedly love but Sam? Really?

Anyway.

Pretty picture?

Okay.

sigpic

Comment

After conferring with Willie Mays, one opines that if one takes the smiley into consideration, next would probably come something under the order of turning up the heat before continuing the word association test.

...."und now vee vill look at dis Rorschach ink blot vich is primarily orange, doe dat is not un primary color, and you vill tell me vhat you dink vhen you see it."

"Orange! Amanda!!"

"Mmhmm. Und dis vonn, dat dis shaped like der skinny donut?"

"Stargate! Amanda!!"

"Mmhmm. Und dis vonn, dat dis like der little airplane vhat cannot decide if it is der helicopter or not?"

"The Carter Copter! Amanda!!"

"I see. Und dis one dat is like der tack hammer?"

"Tapping! Amanda!!"

"Der man driving der buckboard?"

"Carter! Amanda!!

"Der Rosvell alien?"

"Thor! Amanda!!"

"Zwie beautiful blonde ladies?"

"Amanda!Amanda!! Hmmm....."

"Hello? Yes? Hello? Remember me? Der inkblots?" ::waves and snaps fingers::

"Oh, sorry Doc - got a little distracted there with the image of twin Amandas."

"I see. Wery vell. Let us put der inkblot avay for now."

"Vell - er, well, Doc, what do you say? Am I a few fries short of a happy meal?"

"I say nay. In der Kingdom of Samanda, you are perfectly normal. Just remember to take thine passport vith you vhen you travel so dat der foreigners vill understand vhere you are coming from."

LoL, I think this just about sums up the daily discussions I have with my husband pretty well.

"Hey honey, can you hear that tapping noise?"
        "Huh? *looking up from my monitor* What tapping noise?"
        "That tapping noise. You can't hear that?"
        *Listening carefully* "I don't hear anything."
        "Hmmm."
        "That reminds me I was talking to my Samandan buddies about Gabit and ..."
        "Gabit?"
        "You know the Amanda Tapping Convention?"
        "Oh, and why exactly is it called Gabit?"
        "Get Amanda Back In Town....Gabit."
        "AH."
        "So anyway.... "
        *Hubby shakes head as his eyes begin to gloss over from yet another normal conversation turning into something about Amanda*

It's a disease I tell ya. An addiction. I really think I might need to join an AA (Amandaholics Anonymous) support group soon.

Hi, my name is Katrina and I am an Amanda addict.
        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 01 August 2005, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          *Hubby shakes head as his eyes begin to gloss over from yet another normal conversation turning into something about Amanda*
          ROFLMAO
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
            Something pretty to cheer people up. By request, so I'll throw a little speil here too.

For any SVU/Stargate fans here, I run a website dedicated to loving both shows at www.svucrib.com/~sg16 or a mariska hargitay one at www.mariskafans.com or I moderate at www.mariska.com . I'd love to see more SG fans over there (come join int he fun in the threads about SG) and helping me campaign to get AT on SVU as a guest! If anyone here has Amanda's ear, I can throw the suggestion through SVU channels... I'd love to see Amanda explore her range with a victimized ADA role on SVU... she'd be brilliant.

Wow. Well, Myrth, you already know how I feel about this concept, so here's a major kudos for your first (hopefully of many) crossover pics on this forum. There are just SOOO many places you can take pics like these!

Comment

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been posting in here of late, but I've been feeling a bit out of it. I've been in everyday, reading the posts, but I just don't seem to have anything to add to the discussions. I don't write fan fic, I'm not able to attend GABIT, my hubby adores AT.......so, I'm at a loss. I can't even post good screen caps (duh, AT isn't back yet).

See? I guess I have the mid-summer funk. Forgive me.....even therapists get depressed.....(decides to go out for some "light" treatments.)
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

LoL, I think this just about sums up the daily discussions I have with my husband pretty well.

"Hmmm."
                "Gabit?"
                "AH."
                "So anyway.... "
                *Hubby shakes head as his eyes begin to gloss over from yet another normal conversation turning into something about Amanda* [/color][/b]
                So funny! I can't rep you, so I figured I'd just talk about how funny it is here.

And don't worry, Lida! Feel better! I think everyone goes through a bit of RL/SG funk every once in a while!

Comment

With all of my Season 9 misgivings, I read this on the Gateworld Season 9 index page and for some reason it just gave me a sense of peace...that things might work out after all...

Beach Head:

Stargate Command must call on Colonel Samantha Carter for assistance when the Ori seize control of a free Jaffa world.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

"Hmmm."
                    "Gabit?"
                    "AH."
                    "So anyway.... "

It's a disease I tell ya. An addiction. I really think I might need to join an AA (Amandaholics Anonymous) support group soon.

Hi, my name is Katrina and I am an Amanda addict.
                    Katrina, were you at my house recently? This is EXACTLY what happens to me every night. LOL
                    I think, I just might join you at the AA: Hi, my name is Dani and I, too, am an Amanda addict.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Raises Hand. Haddy Y'all, I'm Daivy, and yes I'm a big, big , as a matter of fact HUGE Amanda addict. I'm happy 2 see Dani76 an Katerina here 2.

Just kidding, I'm "indeed" a bit Amanda addicted, but I won't sign up in the AA group? Why not? I'm happy 2 be an Amanda addict.

RE: Your a big Amanda/Sam addict when

Amanda:
                      You wish she was your teacher English
                      You remember dreaming about her... even if the dream happend 2 month ago!
                      When you hear/write the words: a man and can't stop yourself writing Amanda intead.
                      Your making a CD with songs that have as subject or title Amanda in 'em (now there's an idea)

Sam:
                      When you hear somebody technobabble and when you don't understand it ya say: CARTER! And the person ya say CARTER 2 isn't named Carter.(Even if it's a teacher).
                      Whenever you hear the name Carter, you think of Sam.
                      When you change your "OMG's" into Holy Hannah.

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        afraid not. my vacation is starting next saturday and lasts for 2 weeks and i don't have anymore to spend this year. not to mention being committed to share rooms for this vacation which i can't back out on

if it was after the first of the year, then it would be a possibility

they just made thier decision too late for me to change/alter my plans
                        Sorry to hear that Sky - pretty rough! - though you seem quite chilled about it!! We'll make sure we share our tales on the thread!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          With all of my Season 9 misgivings, I read this on the Gateworld Season 9 index page and for some reason it just gave me a sense of peace...that things might work out after all...

Beach Head:

Stargate Command must call on Colonel Samantha Carter for assistance when the Ori seize control of a free Jaffa world.

I really hope so. I miss Sam ALOT. I'm really looking forward to Beachhead....it it time YET?????????

And who else could they call? Ghostbusters?
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            What RDA's performance was less than stellar?

Really?

Don't worry I'll be back soon with more of my Saturn Award winning performances

tsaxlady - I love this SPOT ON!! - LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Oh yeah, it is too...
                              We'll need to start preparing for the day now. So we better start stocking up on the liquor
                              *looks at the Royal Accountant*
                              Oh boy! An excuse to stock take

Of course, cough, I will have to test-taste random samples of said stock to ensure to a 97.5% degree of confidence that the stock is still in drinkable condition. Oh the Russian Roulette life I lead for Samanda!!!

Comment

...."und now vee vill look at dis Rorschach ink blot vich is primarily orange, doe dat is not un primary color, and you vill tell me vhat you dink vhen you see it."

"Orange! Amanda!!"

"Mmhmm. Und dis vonn, dat dis shaped like der skinny donut?"

"Stargate! Amanda!!"

"Mmhmm. Und dis vonn, dat dis like der little airplane vhat cannot decide if it is der helicopter or not?"

"The Carter Copter! Amanda!!"

"I see. Und dis one dat is like der tack hammer?"

"Tapping! Amanda!!"

"Der man driving der buckboard?"

"Carter! Amanda!!

"Der Rosvell alien?"

"Thor! Amanda!!"

"Zwie beautiful blonde ladies?"

"Amanda!Amanda!! Hmmm....."

"Hello? Yes? Hello? Remember me? Der inkblots?" ::waves and snaps fingers::

"Oh, sorry Doc - got a little distracted there with the image of twin Amandas."

"I see. Wery vell. Let us put der inkblot avay for now."

"Vell - er, well, Doc, what do you say? Am I a few fries short of a happy meal?"

"I say nay. In der Kingdom of Samanda, you are perfectly normal. Just remember to take thine passport vith you vhen you travel so dat der foreigners vill understand vhere you are coming from."

Brillance! LOL - sorry out of green for you!!

Comment

Working...
                                X