No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RDA called Amanda in Budapest during his panel at Gatecon!
    https://twitter.com/agrainne24/statu...17115333988355

The audio of Amanda on the phone is kinda hard to make out.
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
      RDA called Amanda in Budapest during his panel at Gatecon!
      https://twitter.com/agrainne24/statu...17115333988355
      The audio of Amanda on the phone is kinda hard to make out.
      Thats awesome! Thanks for sharing xo
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        how well does it hold up?
        The show or the quote??

I have rewatched the dvds a few times...Lindsay Wagner could so easily play Sam's mum...they look strikingly similar.
        I have fallen into another fandom, albeit it much more gently than with SG.
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hope the folks enjoying spending time with Amanda at AT9 have a wonderful time post lots and lots of pictures.

Comment

Just heard from some of the girls that there will be an AT10, but it'll probably be the last one.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              Just heard from some of the girls that there will be an AT10, but it'll probably be the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                Not quite the last one so don't panic. It'll just be different - maybe even better!!!

This weekend was amazing. Every single soul that was there made this event so incredibly beautiful.
                It was so great to catch up with some old friends and just as wonderful to meet many new ones.
                My daughter was gobsmacked - she's a huge convert to the AT fandom - we're both in awe.
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hey y'all, I know I havn't posted in here in ages, but if you got a job, and other activities to do you havn't got much time. I have a question: is there already some info available or pictures from the recent AT9 Convention? I guess people are still travelling, going back to work... other reason why there are no small reports, or pictures avaible here or on the GABIT thread her eon GW. Not attacking you at all, just... I thought during the previous conventions the pictures, some Q&As were posted online faster. Hope I didn't hurt someones feelings, just wondering

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

You could look at the hashtag #at9 on Twitter, there's plenty - or visit the Gabit Facebook group, which you can see even if you don't have an FB account.

Comment

...the #IcalledhimSir story...
                      https://twitter.com/JolinarSG1/statu...63913954668546

One of the most hillarious moments of AT9.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy View Post
                          Hey y'all, I know I havn't posted in here in ages, but if you got a job, and other activities to do you havn't got much time. I have a question: is there already some info available or pictures from the recent AT9 Convention? I guess people are still travelling, going back to work... other reason why there are no small reports, or pictures avaible here or on the GABIT thread her eon GW. Not attacking you at all, just... I thought during the previous conventions the pictures, some Q&As were posted online faster. Hope I didn't hurt someones feelings, just wondering

Hiya, I am superslow and have only posted one AT pic so far. Still wading through about 600 photos trying to find the 50 best or so.

https://twitter.com/xfchemist took notes during the Q&As and is tweeting them. Check out her twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/CinkaLucie has tweeted really beautiful photos.
                          The others have already mentioned the "I called him Sir" story.

I'l probably tweet photos in the upcoming days and will make sure to include the #AT9 hashtag.

Comment

Hey Thank you Fresh Horse for the update, I'm gonna look into it very soon. I am now checking out the Twitter hastag of #AT9.

I'm sure all of you attending had an amazing time, and you can be sure you gave her new, massive energy for her upcoming projects....and gave back so much love, support. She is a fantastic person, but so are her fans, able to attend or not

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

...reasons I love Amanda:

Amanda’s an inspiration to many and the fan has been told herself that she’s an inspiration to people. What would Amanda advise on how to behave?
                              “Be authentic.”
                              She’s been aware that she is an inspiration since Stargate, also due to all the letters she’s received from women.
                              It brings a certain responsibility. So, it’s important to be responsible. And you have to be authentic.
                              And be aware that your words aren’t… Like, there have been situations where she thought something she said was nothing, and the other person went, ‘That's kinda my everything’. So she has to be very responsible of her words. But still not to be too serious about it.
                              Go and inspire!

Does she have any advice for people who are struggling?
                              She knows that when she’s struggling she always tries to envision her future self and what she would say to her present self. Like what the future self, who is in a happier place, would encourage.
                              She also meditates, which helps with the clutter. And also we live in a world where there’s technology and stuff all around us; we are inundated with messages. ...which is not necessarily healthy. The clearest moment she had was when she was in Antarctica, away from all electronics.
                              On the other hand, she has these moments where she says something and afterwards keeps thinking about her words and is like, ‘I shouldn’t have said that’. And she’s worried whereas for the other person it’s no big deal, they didn’t take it the wrong way at all. So that’s also a point, to be aware that what she perceives is not what the other person is perceiving.
                              “I try to envision my future self.”
                              And meditation. She doesn’t know if she’s good at it but to even just take five minutes for herself, just take deep breaths. She does that with Olivia too when she’s stressed. Just to become aware of what’s important right now.

http://convention-ripples.com/at9.html

Comment

Where is everyone?

Here Amanda's panel from SciFiWorld: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9K_glF-ojo

Comment

Working...
                                X