No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How fun to see the photo of them when they were just kids.
    IIRC, AT is directing/directed an episode or two of The Magicians. Any word on which one? I've watched the first couple of episodes so far.

Comment

1x03 Emancipation

To quote the tumblr user @bethanyactually:

#this episode IS ridiculous and problematic but one great thing about it is that this is the third ep of the series
      #really the first one where they went out as a team and just explored a new world
      #and it’s basically ALL ABOUT how sam carter is amazing and fully capable
      #yeah in this episode she’s ‘the girl’ and made to wear a fancy dress and kidnapped and threatened with rape
      #but then she basically rescues herself and refuses to leave without helping another woman in danger
      #this is the THIRD EPISODE I mean these people barely knew each other at this point
      #and yet when she tells jack she can handle herself in the fight he immediately trusts her
      #a few weeks before he was all ‘you’re sticking me with another scientist UGH PLEASE’
      #and now he basically just says ‘okay I’ll hold your flower you go kick his ass’
      #and then never again in the entire rest of the series (all 200+ episodes) is sam ever treated merely as ‘the girl’ again
      #they put it to rest with this episode and she’s never viewed by anyone who knows her as anything but the badass competent genius that she is
      #this episode has its problems but I kind of love it anyway
      #loving problematic things

Comment

[QUOTE=Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse;14455978]1x03 Emancipation

To quote the tumblr user @bethanyactually:

#this episode IS ridiculous and problematic but one great thing about it is that this is the third ep of the series
        #really the first one where they went out as a team and just explored a new world
        #and it’s basically ALL ABOUT how sam carter is amazing and fully capable
        #yeah in this episode she’s ‘the girl’ and made to wear a fancy dress and kidnapped and threatened with rape
        #but then she basically rescues herself and refuses to leave without helping another woman in danger
        #this is the THIRD EPISODE I mean these people barely knew each other at this point
        #and yet when she tells jack she can handle herself in the fight he immediately trusts her
        #a few weeks before he was all ‘you’re sticking me with another scientist UGH PLEASE’
        #and now he basically just says ‘okay I’ll hold your flower you go kick his ass’
        #and then never again in the entire rest of the series (all 200+ episodes) is sam ever treated merely as ‘the girl’ again
        #they put it to rest with this episode and she’s never viewed by anyone who knows her as anything but the badass competent genius that she is
        #this episode has its problems but I kind of love it anyway
        #loving problematic things
        [/quote/]

While it is the third episode, Jack made a reference to a mission "a few months ago", so it isn't like this is in their reality their third mission.

Comment

Except that in Politics that is retconned. The first mission to Chulak (CotG) was on February 10th and the mission to The Land of Light (Broca Divide), which takes place after Emancipation occurred in March.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

To me the most important things are:

"#and then never again in the entire rest of the series (all 200+ episodes) is sam ever treated merely as ‘the girl’ again
            #they put it to rest with this episode and she’s never viewed by anyone who knows her as anything but the badass competent genius that she is "

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
              To me the most important things are:

"#and then never again in the entire rest of the series (all 200+ episodes) is sam ever treated merely as ‘the girl’ again
              #they put it to rest with this episode and she’s never viewed by anyone who knows her as anything but the badass competent genius that she is "
              Did you go to Malmo? How was it?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                I was at Malmö. It was lovely.
                There was only a Q&A of 20 minutes on Saturday (video) since the focus of the con was autographs & photos. Even though they planned way too little time for the photograph session, they didn't rush through (or Amanda didn't let them ) so it was relaxed. The rest of the event I found well planned, everything went smoothly and they were on time with the schedule. I liked the atmosphere - there were a lot of people but like also a lot of families with kids. Amanda was scheduled most of the time at the autograph table so while there were long queues in the morning, by the late afternoon the queue was empty or nearly empty and you had all the time of the world to talk with her, zero rush Also you could watch her as much as you wanted, since the autograph tables were in an open space
                Amanda herself was lovely as usual. She even checked each photo herself at the photograph session, at least on the second day. She was also very generous with hugs and kept hugging lots of people at the autograph table and of course at the photograph session - at the end, on Sunday, when she was leaving, several fans were sitting near the table, waiting to wave goodbye and she came and hugged everyone <3

Comment

Originally posted by xgfan View Post
                  I was at Malmö. It was lovely.
                  There was only a Q&A of 20 minutes on Saturday (video) since the focus of the con was autographs & photos. Even though they planned way too little time for the photograph session, they didn't rush through (or Amanda didn't let them ) so it was relaxed. The rest of the event I found well planned, everything went smoothly and they were on time with the schedule. I liked the atmosphere - there were a lot of people but like also a lot of families with kids. Amanda was scheduled most of the time at the autograph table so while there were long queues in the morning, by the late afternoon the queue was empty or nearly empty and you had all the time of the world to talk with her, zero rush Also you could watch her as much as you wanted, since the autograph tables were in an open space
                  Amanda herself was lovely as usual. She even checked each photo herself at the photograph session, at least on the second day. She was also very generous with hugs and kept hugging lots of people at the autograph table and of course at the photograph session - at the end, on Sunday, when she was leaving, several fans were sitting near the table, waiting to wave goodbye and she came and hugged everyone <3
                  I is jealous of you.
                  No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                  It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    Sorry about the late reply, I've been visiting a friend who doesn't have wifi

I agree with everything xgfan said, it was a lovely con <3

Comment

What a lovely smile! Thanks for sharing the picture! Sounds as if everyone had a lovely time with greeting Amanda.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to the talented Bailey1ak

Comment

Wow. It's been such a long time since I've popped into GW.
                        Hope everyone is well.
                        Anyone have any Amanda news to share??
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hi Chelle, welcome back, can't wait to see you and your daughter at AT9.

Nothing new re Amanda..but she never does stay inactive for long.

Cheers
                          sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

She's been doing a lot of directing recently, so she's probably working on some TV show or maybe a movie.

Comment

She recently did the narration for a documentary What it Takes to be Extraordinary Documentary about the Nepal Orphans Home which is one of the main beneficiaries of S4K. Thus near and dear to Amanda's heart.
                              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I saw the clip to the video for NOH - nice to know she's keeping busy. I'd just love to see her on screen again someday rather than just her name on the credits - not that I'm saying that's a bad thing. I guess it's just been a while since she's been in front of the camera.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X