Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
    Anybody ever wonder why Sam seems to like wearing "mom jeans" when she's out of uniform?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41090[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41091[/ATTACH]

It's never an attractive look, no matter how good-looking the woman is. Why would a single, childless woman choose to wear something like that? Did she give a kid up for adoption in her past or something and feels compelled to wear mom jeans?

And don't even get me started on Jack and his hideously baggy jeans!
    They both happen to like comfortable clothes, and don't really care what it makes them look like. They are not caught up in fashion, so they get to wear whatever they want. And I personally like most of Sam's choices of clothing, and I've never been a Mom.

Comment

I've posted about this project for Amanda before. Posting again because there's a deadline now Feel free to share with other fans.

Spoiler:

Comment

It was the nineties...
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          It was the nineties...
          Yep, what fems said. That was actually more along the style then.

Comment

I was gonna say, not only are they comfortable, the 'fashion' of 'so low your bootie crack shows' wasn't in yet.

They are also more in line with the traditional waist line of military uniforms.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I see by a post on Facebook that Amanda has won the ACTRA award for 2015 for Woman of the Year.

Comment

This was announced a couple months ago on her Twitter feed.
                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Amanda will again be directing episodes in the next season of Dark Matter.

Source: JM's blog
                  -

Comment

She did announce on Twitter that she was on the plane to Toronto do direct the opener of S2.
                    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      Amanda will again be directing episodes in the next season of Dark Matter.

Source: JM's blog
                      Hey! Nice to see you.

Thinking of all of you as tomorrow is the date to buy tickets to AT9. Also decided to go to Gatecon next year. Hope to see some of you at one or the other.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hi Sharon, yippee get to see you twice next year then good luck tomorrow to all buying tickets
                        sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

I've begun an SG-1 Rewatch and one of the projects is to gif Sam in every episode - because why not?

1x01 Children of the Gods

Sam doesn't have much screen time except the reproductive organs scene, the cute Macgyver geek out moment over seeing a DHD for the first time and then this scene, which I had completely forgotten:

gifset posted here

~

Edit:

Never noticed this before, but isn't that Sam and Daniel?

Last edited by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse; 09 December 2015, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                            Never noticed this before, but isn't that Sam and Daniel?

Yep. That's Sam and Daniel. It's probably after they came through with the refugees and were waiting for Jack and Teal'c to come through with any of the stray villagers.

There's also the picture of Sam walking up the ramp, holding out her hands to Teal'c and him handing her his power stick thingy.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              Yep. That's Sam and Daniel. It's probably after they came through with the refugees and were waiting for Jack and Teal'c to come through with any of the stray villagers.

There's also the picture of Sam walking up the ramp, holding out her hands to Teal'c and him handing her his power stick thingy.
                              But as you can see from the caps, that clip is shown just before Sam is standing on the ramp saying "Hold your fire"

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                                But as you can see from the caps, that clip is shown just before Sam is standing on the ramp saying "Hold your fire"
                                Editing mistake or reuse of footage. Who knows?

They probably thought no one would notice.

Comment

Working...
                                X