Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I'd love it if she got to direct and even have a guest appearance on "Cedar Cove".
    This is what I'm hoping for, even though I haven't been watching it. After all, they already have Teryl and Martin! They should be able to get her in!

Comment

Convention report

Funny story from the autograph session:
      I wanted an S4K mug signed and the pen was not working. After several tries and Julia already starting to look for another one, Amanda finally managed to make it work.
      Amanda was like, "…'cause I'm a genius! I’m a doctor after all now."
      There were some family members sitting near the autograph table one family member said something along the lines of, "You're what, Doctor Who?" (I didn't hear that but the person who was in the line after me told that.)
      Amanda *mumbling*: "…mocked by my own family…"

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
        This is what I'm hoping for, even though I haven't been watching it. After all, they already have Teryl and Martin! They should be able to get her in!
        Just popping in to say that I would die if we got to see Terlyne and Minnie on camera again. I was hoping Teryl would make an appearance on Sanctuary or something. Seeing Amanda on Cedar Cove would be wonderful.
        rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

I was just wondering. Amanda's filming a movie right? So when she auditioned, she would've had dark hair...so would going blonde become an issue? Same as for the TV series??

Thank you to everyone for the fabulous pictures and stories from AT8. It's made me smile everyday I read something new. So thank you very much. xo
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            I was just wondering. Amanda's filming a movie right? So when she auditioned, she would've had dark hair...so would going blonde become an issue? Same as for the TV series??

She's directing a Hallmark movie. It's not an acting job.

As for the TV show: *shrugs* who knows? Maybe the blonde is even an advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              Hallmark would be a great gig to get simply because they always have something going on up there. They release 12 new movies every christmas plus a constant stream of movies year round. Nice, PG13, low budget but not looking that way, comfortable movies. Nothing too violent, nothing too gory, happy endings and feel good moments.

For someone like Amanda, a steady gig. If she were in their rota of directors she'd possibly be directing a constant stream of movies.
              Plus Hallmark do a lot of their productions in Vancouver judging by the number of Vangroovy based people working on their films. Amanda has said that she prefers to work close to home that means Vancouver.

A few more #AT8 posts (by others) from Twitter

@Jenniesapetal oops, I must have removed it by accident! Here it is lol https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CC0qvwBWIAEB2n5.jpg:large

Can't believe it's already been a week since I 1st met this beautiful lady! <3 #FlashbackFriday #CocktailParty #AT8 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CC0ZyTKWMAE51zK.jpg:large

@TashaH2109 Hi there, I got one! it's a little dark though, sorry. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CClhuNyW4AIvFtP.jpg:large
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                Well I had several hugs with Amanda, and I am crud free (for the first time in several events.) She wasn't infectious. She wouldn't have put us or her fellow air passengers in danger. She also knows Tim is immune compromised and would certainly not have hugged either of us if she was. There were several attendees who weren't 100%... I'm just sayin'.
                Just kidding around Mumsey. I know she wasn't infectious. One of my brothers has had walking pneumonia a few times and no transmission to others. I agree, I saw a few attendees who were ill. So glad you dodged all the crud, especially given last time!

Nicky, I was with Su before, during and after AT and I'm fine so she was past her contagious stage, you must have gotten sick from someone else!

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                Hey, EH-T! Do you wanna build a snow man????
                LOL. I still can't believe no one got DO from my excellent charade acting!

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                Yeah, I found that odd too but she was very young, probably really nervous too. The reaction from the crowd probably didn't help.

I'm not even sure pneumonia is infectious or how easily it is transmitted.
                In any case, I hope the weekend didn't do more harm to her health. Would hate it if that were the case.

I blame Su the doc for my infection. She probably brought some nasty kids' cooties from the pediatric ward with her.

AT8 - Part IV

Forgot to mention this earlier when I wrote about Amanda's announcement at the CP about her having pneumonia:
                AT said that she did not want to let down her fans. That people would be disappointed if she didn't show up. Someone had texted her that her fans would probably raise even more money if she wasn't there but she still wanted to go. She also said that the Gabit events were S4K's biggest fundraiser so they are important. Not important enough to risk your health, IMHO.

Tardis cake:
                She decided to bake a Tardis cake for Olivia's birthday "as you do" and Alan pretty much went "What kind of cake?".
                So she made the cake and used a lot of blue food colouring. Most of the kids at the birthday party had no clue what it was. *When the parents picked up the kids and saw lots of blue everywhere they asked the kids what kind of cake they had eaten. Lot of shrugging ensued.

Someone asked her if she ever had to fire anyone.
                She said no, but that there had been a bully on set once and she made sure he realized that that wasn't the way to go.

She also told us that although she has never fired anyone she once asked to be fired.
                She didn't go into specifics but at one of her jobs she felt people did not like her work so she asked to be fired. "This is how I'm doing it, if you don't like it, if you don't have confidence in what I do say so and fire me!"
                She said that she had to make a stand for the women who would follow her.
                That leads me to believe it was a directing job.
                That was lovely and true. While it would have been very disappointing for those meeting her for the first time, we still would have carried on and raised lots of money.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by xgfan View Post
                  Convention report

I wanted an S4K mug signed and the pen was not working. After several tries and Julia already starting to look for another one, Amanda finally managed to make it work.
                  There were some family members sitting near the autograph table one family member said something along the lines of, "You're what, Doctor Who?" (I didn't hear that but the person who was in the line after me told that.)
                  Great report, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by xgfan View Post
                    Convention report

Awww...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                      She's directing a Hallmark movie. It's not an acting job.
                      As for the TV show: *shrugs* who knows? Maybe the blonde is even an advantage.
                      Damn. I was hoping it was an acting gig. I'd love to see her on screen in something new - re watching Stargate isn't enough.
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        Damn. I was hoping it was an acting gig. I'd love to see her on screen in something new - re watching Stargate isn't enough.
                        She said that she might be in a TV series. Emphasis on the 'might', though.

Comment

More from Twitter

As sweet as ever is @amandatapping! Xo <3 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCVRC4dW4AAef9h.jpg:large

@amandatapping & @TracyNorth57 in giggles during the @AT8Respect auction. https://twitter.com/Jess_Marissa/sta...83440404254720

I can never relax when we meet.I will one day perhaps @amandatapping always looks gorgeous https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCYVv9bUkAAXZ11.jpg:large
                          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Not sure if this was covered in the report or not. Amanda mentioned that often, when directing, she will say "I love it....I Lyle Lovett". She said that phase at one point in the Q&As. Cute.

Comment

So I have this amazing trip booked for August through to November - visiting Canada and some lovelies in the US. Then our Aussie con organises drop a doozy by announcing Amanda is coming to Aus in September. Damn. Ok, I can live with that. But then yesterday I find out they are also bringing out RDA to join her. Now I'm crying. Of all the times to bring out these two together, I won't be here. But still, I'll be having fun galavanting about Canada.
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

^ It is ironic, indeed Anyway, that's a great news and I cannot wait them together again, even if only on pics or fan videos
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X