Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
    So, since you are the one who brought up the argument about the whole thing being a waste of water during a time of drought I find it interesting that you don't seem to mind people having swimming pools.

Anyway, it's just good old trolling. Everybody seems to like something so of course someone has to spoil it.

I don't mean you hedwig, I am sure you just repeated what was started elsewhere.
    I didn't say anything about "not minding" people having swimming pools. I simply meant that since they obviously do, it seems as though using water from their swimming pool would be a more appropriate use than tap water or if they used water from another source.

And one of the best videos I've seen is Patrick Stewart, who is shown sitting at a desk, writing a check (assumably for a donation), putting that aside, picking up an ice bucket, depositing two ice cubes in a glass, and then pouring some scotch (or other alcohol) into the glass, lifting the glass in a salute, then drinking what's in the glass.
    Last edited by hedwig; 26 August 2014, 11:33 AM.

Comment

that's my kind of challenge.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        I didn't say anything about "not minding" people having swimming pools. I simply meant that since they obviously do, it seems as though using water from their swimming pool would be a more appropriate use than tap water or if they used water from another source.

And one of the best videos I've seen is Patrick Stewart, who is shown sitting at a desk, writing a check (assumably for a donation), putting that aside, picking up an ice bucket, depositing two ice cubes in a glass, and then pouring some scotch (or other alcohol) into the glass, lifting the glass in a salute, then drinking what's in the glass.
        I actually did not like Patricks challenge.
        Sure it was clever, and brought into focus what the challenges are about in part (raising money), but it skipped any form of context besides the title. PS is an awesome orator, who gives to many charities (mainly battered wives and sufferers of PTSD) and I would have liked to see him use those skills to increase awareness as well.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Robin Dunne did it with a bucket of Guinness and a few ice cubes - except he didn't drink the bucket but he did at least have a sip before he poured the last glass into the bucket.
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Another one that was pretty funny was the one Martin Wood did. His wife, and Amanda, and another person (whose name I didn't quite catch) all nominated him. So got three buckets of water dumped over his head.

Comment

Challenge responses from Robin Dunne and Martin Wood from Amanda's Twitter

Yes!!!! Nicely done! RT @realmartinwood: No icebuckets were damaged or hurt in this #ALSIceBucketChallenge .... http://vimeo.com/104375050

GUINNESS!!!! Must have been REALLY cold... Just sayin'.... Xoxo RT @RobinDunne: I accept the #IceBucketChallenge ... http://vimeo.com/104436213
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

A tweet from Amanda on her birthday on the set of Olympus:

@amandatapping: So this happened..RT @realmartinwood: Bday on set of #OlympusTV..The ears and wand are her regular director's uniform http://t.co/v1z0HHM7Ha
                image.jpg
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Amanda on her birthday.

Thanks Turlene!!! XoRT @terylrothery: @Dennydenn @amandatapping Happy Birthday Minnie!!!!! Xoxo

Comment

Another tweet from Amanda:

@amandatapping: Wow!! Thank you for all the birthday love! How lovely. Except for this magazine that arrived in the mail. Lol. ???? Xo http://t.co/eqnGs8Cf6X

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40027[/ATTACH]
                    Attached Files
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Amanda at the fair

Fun day at the PNE. Still looking for the right washroom. http://pic.twitter.com/7Zfur4daBY

And still looking..... http://pic.twitter.com/vdFC3fSiRB

Comment

drats! I knew I should've gone to the PNE yesturday It was a toss up between yesturday and today.

Comment

What's the PNE?

Nevermind - I googled it = Pacific National Exhibition
                          Lol - the google map shows a Sanctuary Pond near it.
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

We went to Toronto's equivalent on Saturday....Huge funfair, rides and stalls, food trucks and live bands...lasts for a couple of weeks and finishes on the Holiday weekend....a real tradition for Canadians I believe....crowds at the CNE were horrific....I hated it because the humidex was off the scale in TO then....but I have often driven past the one in Vancouver and wanted to go very much....

Deeds xx
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

OT

Yes, there's PNE = pacific national exhibition - kind of like a glorified 4-H fair. 4-H competitions go there, along with a livestock barn and various competitions (painting, pumpkin/veggie raising, horseback riding) along with shows like the Super Dogs and it's all good clean fun. AT night there are various concerts and there is also a large area of home goods for sale.

Crowded, but not too bad this year.

Where's the sanctuary pond?

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                                OT
                                Yes, there's PNE = pacific national exhibition - kind of like a glorified 4-H fair. 4-H competitions go there, along with a livestock barn and various competitions (painting, pumpkin/veggie raising, horseback riding) along with shows like the Super Dogs and it's all good clean fun. AT night there are various concerts and there is also a large area of home goods for sale.
                                Crowded, but not too bad this year.
                                Where's the sanctuary pond?
                                When I googled it, it showed a map and on the map was Sanctuary Pond - I can't open the map on my iPad coz apple won't let me but it was there.
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X