Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
    There was an interesting tidbit from the Battlestar Galactica panel at Gatecon today. It sounds like that show is getting still another strong female character. Michelle Forbes, who played Ro Laren on Star Trek Next Generation, is going to be on this season, although I’m not sure if she’s to be a regular or not. BSG, which seems to be the darling of critics and fans, is certainly not afraid to carry a full slate of female characters. And surprise, none of them is dressing in bodysuits or dominatrix leather.

NC
    Nope, they're all getting whumped and taking their licks just like the guys! Love the realism and kudos for equal-opportunity whumpage!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Yeah... the fierce lioness.

I can't wait to see her bare her fangs a bit more this season.... ROWR!!
      yeah!

in reference to amanda's 'mother instincts', it would be neat (to me at least ) to see sam like this too.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Hmmm, I didn't get that impression. I feel that they're probably going to write Dr. Lam as a more clinically detached kinda person compared to Janet's mothering in the infirmary. Which I think is a good idea - if they had of made Lam as the caring Doctor that would have been approaching Janet's turf. And like so dont go there

Hmmm.... *scurries of to find Sam/Vala or Sam/Lam stories*

DOH! We should have got someone to ask Amanda if she got her welcome back present from us at the con!
        Oh well, maybe you can ask her yourself at GABIT
        Actually, AD, I meant that Lexa reminds me physically of Janet ... her height, something about her. You're right, she may be a bit more stand-offish as a doctor but that could also be her defense mechanism kicking in since she now realizes that she is, once more, under daddy's control.

And, yes, I will be at the cocktail party at GABIT and think, especially after one or two glasses of wine, that I will probably bring up our SaGC thread and Samanda and definitely inquire about the flowers and her reaction to the SaGC Collection which she should be receiving any day now. Inquiring minds want to know ... and you guys will be the first if I get the scoop!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

Yes, the Vala chick could work out and then there's the new doc (who didn't exactly rock my socks in her debut) but who has potential, along with the storyline of her dad being her CO. And, (Sal don't read this), Lexa does remind me a bit of Janet. Whoa! Just missed a shoe being thrown at my head!
          i can't throw anything... i don't understand what you're getting at.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

Hmmm.... *scurries of to find Sam/Vala or Sam/Lam stories*
            *shakes head*

you are such a MAN!

*hugs and kisses.... without tongue of course*

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Please keep in mind, that i started this flag the first week we started discussing it and haven't worked on it since. It's far from being completed. I had hoped that more people would get involved with the flag discussion so we could bounce ideas of what we all wanted for the flag and work together into making one that truly expressed Samanda.

This is somewhat what I envisioned the Samandan flag to look like, but it is by no means perfect nor does it mean I did not like the other flags that were posted.

Samanda Flag

Kat
              It looks very regal and elegant to me, Kat. Do you want to submit it in this stage for the poll which will probably go up over the weekend?

You still have a couple days to work on it.

As Kat has requested ... if any Samandans have suggestions for the flag above, please post now so she can embellish more. Thanks!

Okay, I'll go first: the flag is pretty classy but the zat gun doesn't do it for me because I remember AT fooling around one time and talking about its phallic design. Maybe it's my Freudian sensitivity ... I'd rather see an F-302 in miniature or something like that. Love the blue jello - that's a constant!

Comment

spoilers for some season 9 ep

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                Here are a cople new season 9 pictures with Sam. Looks like they do go offworld this year in the black uniforms.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6700/sam0dy.jpg

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7...mdaniel8ug.jpg
                i was looking at these pics more closely. (okay, i was checking our queen. ) anyhoo, there's something real weird about that first one. both actually, but the first one.... it's like there's some*thing* trying to be cloaked behind her. it's like i can make out it's body. and it almost looks like there's eyes at the ankles of whatever that cloaked thinger is.

the next pic has a pink cloudy thinger at the top left corner.... hmm, these pics are hmmful.

thoughts?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

i was looking at these pics more closely. (okay, i was checking our queen. ) anyhoo, there's something real weird about that first one. both actually, but the first one.... it's like there's some*thing* trying to be cloaked behind her. it's like i can make out it's body. and it almost looks like there's eyes at the ankles of whatever that cloaked thinger is.

the next pic has a pink cloudy thinger at the top left corner.... hmm, these pics are hmmful.

thoughts?

sally
                  From what I have read...

Pic #1 - I would guess to be a member of SG-3 in camoflage gear and there appears to be some sort of smoke surrounding him but I don't think it's a cloaked figure.

Pic #2 - Looks like a weapon blast, maybe from a Jaffa.
                  Spoiler:
                  From what we have been told this is from the episode Babylon and the team are attacked by a group of Jaffa and Mitchell is wounded.

Comment

Hey guys!

Is that an interview with AT that you're quoting?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      Hey guys!

Yup, chocdoc posted this link a couple of pages back.
                      http://www.scifigate.net/tappingtvzonespecial.php

NC

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Hey guys!

yes, it's from tv zone special #64. but wait until tsaxlady gets the mag, because she'll give us the 'entire' interview.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                          Glad to hear your Dad is doing well, 1speed4Sam! Now I hope Atteria's surgery goes well too.

In case this has not been posted yet, here is a link (I hope) to Amanda's interview in TV Zone, thanks to Scifigate:

http://www.scifigate.net/tappingtvzonespecial.php

It's an interesting inteview---the tone of it. She talks about being a new mom, and how it felt to be back at work (and the adjustment). She talks about how Sam is this season and some changes for how she is playing her, and the new actors. She says that SG1 is a very different entity this year, it's not the SG1 the fans knew, and she hopes fans embrace it.

This interview took place while they were filming episode 7, so it would be interesting to see what her thoughts are about the show now.

Thanks for the link, lovely thoughts from Amanda about Olivia and just how strong the emotion of "kill to protect your child" feelings are, as a mother myself those feelings are an eye opener and will never leave you as your child grows up and makes their own way in life.
                          ......TARA......

Comment

Thanks guys!

There was that moment where I panicked, and I was like, "What on Earth did I miss today?"

And I liked the interview! Very cool!

Comment

thoughts?

sally
                              Like Forever said - its another SG team member wearing those new Digital Camoflauge uniforms by the looks of it. Pretty amazing how effective it is.
                              Though it does beg the question why they have the camoflauge, yet Sam and Daniel just have black BDU's (not the most effective camo in a forest )

Comment

Spoiler:

thoughts?

sally
                                Hey Sally,

Here is a little larger and lighter copy of the first picture so you can make out who is behind Sam better

And here is the second picture cropped a little differently so you can see it is something exploding and smoke on the left hand side of the picture.
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X