No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think she has confidence in herself when it comes to science or her role in the military. I do think she questioned her abilities as a leader when she was first placed in command during Season 8 and later in Atlantis; but with her successes came the confidence in her ability to lead.

When she isn't in those roles is when I believe she lacks confidence in herself and why she has difficulties with relationships.
    sigpic

Comment

As I was driving home this afternoon, I saw my son at the car wash, washing his beast of a car in preparation for his date tonight. It got me thinking about how when I first came to GW and got into the fandom side of things with Stargate, my son was only 9 years old.
      Now he's driving himself around in his own car and has girl. So many changes.

So, where do you think Sam would be today?
      Would she still be at the SGC?
      Would she still be a colonel?
      Would she be married? A mother?
      Personally, I think she'd be promoted to Brig. General and in command of the SGC.
      I'd love to think she and Jack got hitched and have a kidlet.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Tell me about it....when I went to my first Vancouver Convention in 2006 we took my son with us as his 18th birthday present...primarily it was his ambition to meet Chris Judge (who cancelled sadly) & stand in the gate room in front of the gate, but it was Amanda who made a lasting impression on a young man at the Breakfast Brunch..she sat next to him, made a real fuss of him, & held his arm which made him blush in front of the rest of us...

He's now 26 years old, finished Uni & got his degree, living in a lovely flat in Canterbury, running his own company and is engaged to a professional model...

But he was that 18 yr old kid again when I showed him this photo, that I FINALLY got finished by getting RDA to personalise it for him at Fedcon...I started collecting autos for him just after that first Con...and finished it a few weeks ago when I got it framed..

Time flies, but Stargate stays with you forever imho

Deeds xx
        sigpic
        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          As I was driving home this afternoon, I saw my son at the car wash, washing his beast of a car in preparation for his date tonight. It got me thinking about how when I first came to GW and got into the fandom side of things with Stargate, my son was only 9 years old.
          Now he's driving himself around in his own car and has girl. So many changes.

Personally, I think she'd be promoted to Brig. General and in command of the SGC.
          I think she'd be a General in charge of Earth defense technology based in DC. I also think she'd be married to Jack but no kids. By the time she'd come back from Atlantis and been Captain of the ship, time wouldn't have been on her side. I also don't see her wanting to give up those opportunities to have a kid. Her mini freak out in Affinity says it all, really. I also think Jack is a bit old to have a kid (not biologically but practically - assuming he's early/mid-50s, he'd be 70 by the time the kid was in college!)
          Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I tend to stick my fingers in my ears and hum loudly at the idea of either Sam or Jack being too old to have a kid.
            I guess I'm a bit of a dreamer and wishful thinker.
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I tend to stick my fingers in my ears and hum loudly at the idea of either Sam or Jack being too old to have a kid.
              Yeah, I get that. In my head there's a bit less of an age gap between them too than is canon.
              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

There are plenty of women in their 40's that are having babies these days. Whether Sam is in her late 30's or early 40's makes no difference to whether she could have children.

And Jack is definitely not too old to be having children, whether he's in his early 50's or late 50's, depending on which birthdate people are looking at. There are plenty of guys in their 50's who are becoming Dads, so Jack isn't too old. I have this thought that if Jack thinks he's too old to have children, Sam gives him a long list of men (mostly celebrities, a list compiled by Cassie, since Sam wouldn't really know much about these people) who became fathers in their 50's and who are still alive and kicking in their 70's and 80's.

Comment

On the one hand I think Sam would be advancing in rank and that would mean more administrative roles. But on the other hand she might resist that and go with science.

fingers in ears and humming loudly against suggestions of Sam/Jack

Comment

I like the idea of Sam making General and taking over Stargate Command. I'd like to think there would be opportunities for her to go off-world when she can. Jack could finally retire and move back to Colorado and be house husband/stay-at-home Dad.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      There are plenty of women in their 40's that are having babies these days. Whether Sam is in her late 30's or early 40's makes no difference to whether she could have children.

And Jack is definitely not too old to be having children, whether he's in his early 50's or late 50's, depending on which birthdate people are looking at. There are plenty of guys in their 50's who are becoming Dads, so Jack isn't too old. I have this thought that if Jack thinks he's too old to have children, Sam gives him a long list of men (mostly celebrities, a list compiled by Cassie, since Sam wouldn't really know much about these people) who became fathers in their 50's and who are still alive and kicking in their 70's and 80's.
                      Yep. My daughters boyfriends parents were in their late forties and fifties when they had him. It is kinda strange for us in that his parents are a generation apart from hubby and I. They are in their late 60/70's now. But they had another child after Mark too.
                      There's hope!!
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

yes on the highlight!!

but i had this idea of sam and jack trying to have a kid, but it just not happening. so they finally give up, adopt a newborn baby, enjoy a few months of their baby, and THEN sam finds out she's pregnant!

i could see her promoted, but either commanding the sgc, or commanding a tech backwards engineering department to be safer for the family.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                          I think she'd be a General in charge of Earth defense technology based in DC. I also think she'd be married to Jack but no kids. By the time she'd come back from Atlantis and been Captain of the ship, time wouldn't have been on her side. I also don't see her wanting to give up those opportunities to have a kid. Her mini freak out in Affinity says it all, really. I also think Jack is a bit old to have a kid (not biologically but practically - assuming he's early/mid-50s, he'd be 70 by the time the kid was in college!)
                          This. To me, it's got nothing to do with age, and more to do with Sam not wanting to give up space/stargate travel. Unless they put a daycare on the Hammond. That would be cool.

Comment

I think that they could still have kids if and when Sam gets promoted again (she'd probably be in her early or even mid-40's) - there are plenty of examples of women in their mid-40's that have given birth with no problem at all) and have a desk job or maybe prefer to be involved in scientific study. That would mean more regular hours for her and give her time to have a family (one or two children) and still be highly involved in the program. And by then, Jack would likely be retired and be a stay-at-home Dad, which I'm sure he would adore.

Comment

Inner Space on our Space channel has come up with Canadian equivalents for each of the Doctors. Guess who made the list

Comment

Originally posted by canadianfolk View Post
                                Inner Space on our Space channel has come up with Canadian equivalents for each of the Doctors. Guess who made the list
                                I would definitely watch the show if Amanda was in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X