Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Amen, sistah! Anybody remember the first few seasons of "Cagney and Lacey"?! AT and MH would make a great cop team!
    i loved that show. i think i'd have wanted amanda to play cagney. she was more screwed up, so it would have been fun to see amanda play her.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
      Great interview. Thanks for passing it along. I'm glad that awkward feeling went away quickly for her and she's glad to be back at work. I can see where their having worked together for 5 or 6 weeks and having gotten to know each other put her at a bit of a disadvantage for a couple of days. But you know, from what we know about her, how could she *not* fit in and have the new gang fall for her?
      i can imagine ben and beau welcomed her with open arms. total professionals and gentlemen.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Please keep in mind, that i started this flag the first week we started discussing it and haven't worked on it since. It's far from being completed. I had hoped that more people would get involved with the flag discussion so we could bounce ideas of what we all wanted for the flag and work together into making one that truly expressed Samanda.

This is somewhat what I envisioned the Samandan flag to look like, but it is by no means perfect nor does it mean I did not like the other flags that were posted.

Samanda Flag

Totally OT here.. I posted this a few days ago on the Daniel Thunker thread because ...well I'm not really sure why. It was a wall about Meridian, but it's really a team wall so I thought I'd post it here as well. Hopefully one or two of you will like it.

Meridian

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          I'll have to look at that again, but at the time I remember thinking she got more confident sounding b/c Geeky Sam would be most comfortable talking about science and kind of forget about being nervous. But I agree, she really does pull off these different characters well. Her Replicarter is chilling.
          yes, that's what i thought too!

go, amanda!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc

What I don't get is the drop for SGA, and even more the HUGE drop for BSG!! What is that? Why did Scifi lose viewers after SG1? And BSG has never been this low. Every so often SG1 would beat SGA in ratings last year, but I don't get the drop for BSG over the night.
            it could be any number of factors. i don't think scifi needs to worry, i'm sure these shows will pick back up.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

Go Amanda?

I like the sound of this new fierce Sam coming in for Season 9 Sounds like we'll see alot of Soldier!Sam back and kicking arse too
              Originally posted by Amanda Tapping
              I've realized that for the first time in my life I'm actually capable of killing and that makes me cry. If anyone tried to lay a finger on my child I'd kill them, and that's quite a revelation.

You know, I can completely understand where Amanda is coming from with this statement. All my life growing up I was adamant that the death penalty was cruel and barbaric. I also had very strong views against the ownership of handguns, ect. That was until the day my daughter was born and I was watching a news story about a man who had kidnapped and killed a young girl. I remember immediately all my views on the death penalty suddenly changed in that split second as I looked down in my daughter's face. It was like this sudden awareness that I could literally take someone else's life if they tried to hurt my child. It was a very shocking realization for me and I'm sure Amanda felt much the same way.
              What did you think about her saying she at first didn't know how she fit in, although that changed in a couple of days.
              It's odd, because this is exactly the reason I have been so concerned with all the hype that has been given to the new cast and all of the changes. It wasn't so much that I was worried that CB/BB had joined the cast, but rather I felt this horrible dread that Amanda would return and suddenly feel like she didn't belong anymore. That she and Sam really didn't have a place with Stargate any longer.

I'm happy to say that this interview really does lift a great deal of concern and worry from my shoulders. I'm really happy to hear how well things are going for her at work and how excited she is about her new baby girl. I'm just really getting excited to see a new and improved Sam Carter.

Kat
              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 27 July 2005, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

It's odd, because this is exactly the reason I have been so concerned with all the hype that has been given to the new cast and all of the changes. It wasn't so much that I was worried that CB/BB had joined the cast, but rather I felt this horrible dread that Amanda would return and suddenly feel like she didn't belong anymore. That she and Sam really didn't have a place with Stargate any longer.

I'm happy to say that this interview really does lift a great deal of concern and worry from my shoulders. I'm really happy to hear how well things are going for her at work and how excited she is about her new baby girl. I'm just really getting excited to see a new and improved Sam Carter.

Kat

I know what you mean. I was wondering about her going back to work too with all this new buzz and energy---after missing out of the interaction on the set for 6 or more weeks. Plus being a new mom is so life changing as well!!! What I'm really glad about is that she addressed it in the interview---how she felt returning, and that it was awkward at first--I like her analogy of the captain of the chess club with the football players. She really gives genuine interviews. And then, yes, I felt relieved that that this didn't last long, and now she is feeling good with it all. You'd figure that eventually she would fit in, given what type of person she is, but I'm glad it didn't take long for her. She must be exhausted though!!

I also felt relief when I heard Tsaxlady's report from Comic Con. AT seemed so happy, relaxed, and good with the cast. And that took place after filming the first half of the season.

Funny though---we still have no idea how this new SG1 team is going to work! it's going to be different---so in what way different?

Comment

And on an even more upbeat note, I'm pleased to report that I've spoken to my Dad this morning, and he seems to be fine (if a wee bit uncomfortable) after his surgery yesterday.

Thanks to my fellow Samandans for their kind thoughts and prayers. I've said it before and I'll say it again - you're all very lovely people.

Peace and love,

1speed
                  Dear 1speed,

So happy to hear the good news about your father.
                  In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                  so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                  Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                  Hic Comitas Regit
                  Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    I'm just really getting excited to see a new and improved Sam Carter.
                    new and improved?

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      new and improved?
                      sally
                      Yeah... the fierce lioness.

I can't wait to see her bare her fangs a bit more this season.... ROWR!!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                        Me too--I like this "fierce" side coming out!! Soldier Sam sounds like she may be back.

I too think that they plan to have Vala back, of course. I can see her as a strong recurring character---we've lost alot of those lately, so we need some KEY recurring chars again.

What did you think about her saying she at first didn't know how she fit in, although that changed in a couple of days.
                        Yes, and along with the soldier we'll be getting the scientist because we do know the reason for her return in Beachhead. Sounds like it could be a win/win after all!

Yes, the Vala chick could work out and then there's the new doc (who didn't exactly rock my socks in her debut) but who has potential, along with the storyline of her dad being her CO. And, (Sal don't read this), Lexa does remind me a bit of Janet. Whoa! Just missed a shoe being thrown at my head!

Now, when Amanda said she felt out of sync when first back on set ... do you know what I thought of? How great that this was the week we managed to send the flowers, balloon, and candy as her "welcome back"! It sounds like perfect timing and I really hope it brought a smile to her face and helped in some small way to make her feel more at home.

She almost seemed to doubt her decision to return to work at first, didn't she? But now she seems quite enthusiastic about the cast and the direction they're taking the show. So, if Amanda's excited, I am willing to tap into her optimism for now!

Comment

There was an interesting tidbit from the Battlestar Galactica panel at Gatecon today. It sounds like that show is getting still another strong female character. Michelle Forbes, who played Ro Laren on Star Trek Next Generation, is going to be on this season, although I’m not sure if she’s to be a regular or not. BSG, which seems to be the darling of critics and fans, is certainly not afraid to carry a full slate of female characters. And surprise, none of them is dressing in bodysuits or dominatrix leather.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            i loved that show. i think i'd have wanted amanda to play cagney. she was more screwed up, so it would have been fun to see amanda play her.

sally
                            Definitely Cagney! I think that was one of the first shows which actually showed two women in a realistic, butt-kicking scenario. It really stood out around the same time (I believe) that Charlie's Angels were doing their jiggling and wiggling! You know what I mean ... AT would have gotten into Cagney's skin, flaws and all. She would have been brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

Yes, the Vala chick could work out and then there's the new doc (who didn't exactly rock my socks in her debut) but who has potential, along with the storyline of her dad being her CO. And, (Sal don't read this), Lexa does remind me a bit of Janet. Whoa! Just missed a shoe being thrown at my head!
                              Hmmm, I didn't get that impression. I feel that they're probably going to write Dr. Lam as a more clinically detached kinda person compared to Janet's mothering in the infirmary. Which I think is a good idea - if they had of made Lam as the caring Doctor that would have been approaching Janet's turf. And like so dont go there

Hmmm.... *scurries of to find Sam/Vala or Sam/Lam stories*

Now, when Amanda said she felt out of sync when first back on set ... do you know what I thought of? How great that this was the week we managed to send the flowers, balloon, and candy as her "welcome back"! It sounds like perfect timing and I really hope it brought a smile to her face and helped in some small way to make her feel more at home.
                              DOH! We should have got someone to ask Amanda if she got her welcome back present from us at the con!
                              Oh well, maybe you can ask her yourself at GABIT

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                                There was an interesting tidbit from the Battlestar Galactica panel at Gatecon today. It sounds like that show is getting still another strong female character. Michelle Forbes, who played Ro Laren on Star Trek Next Generation, is going to be on this season, although I’m not sure if she’s to be a regular or not. BSG, which seems to be the darling of critics and fans, is certainly not afraid to carry a full slate of female characters. And surprise, none of them is dressing in bodysuits or dominatrix leather.

NC
                                Ah yeah. Apparently shes gonna be
                                Spoiler:
                                playing Admiral Cain (not actually sure if Admiral will be her rank, but that's what I've seen some ppl say), commander of the Battlestar Pegasus. It'll probably be a recurring guest star for a couple of episodes. Should be pretty cool

Comment

Working...
                                X