Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
    This is my 2nd pyrography (45x35 cm).
    I finished it in time to get it signed at AT7. Do you like it?
    http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640...0/839/vx7t.jpg
    Nice
    Originally posted by fems View Post
    She was packing up the ZPM to send it to Area 51 and Jack told her she had packing [for their fishing trip] to do.
    Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I took it to mean she was packing for their trip to the cabin, since that was pretty much the next scene that showed up - them fishing at the cabin/lake.
    I took it to mean she had packing for the fishing trip and Area51 - either way, I loved that she finally went fishing with Jack.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
      Not really. I also think they wasted RDA's last episode with 4 people who looked like the SG-1 we know and love, but weren't the characters we had followed for 8 years.

As an episode by itself, Moebius wasn't bad if it had been earlier in the season but for the last hurrah for Jack? I was majorly disappointed.

I wanted team resolution moments, not 'these people are just getting to know each other again' moments. Moebius dealt with nothing IMO. I wanted Jack to have scenes saying goodbye to his team individually. Jack/Daniel scenes are always gold, I love the subtle understanding of the warrior thing between Jack and Teal'c and, well, Jack and Sam... so sue me, I'm a shipper, I wanted my onscreen resolution, damnit! One lousy kiss between alternates didn't cut it with me, we've seen that before *sigh*.

Why set it up for 8 years if you're not going to follow it through? It didn't matter by that point anyway, Jack was at HWS and Sam was at Area 51 and it's not like they would get more than 2 minutes of collective screen time for the next two seasons so it's not going to distract from SG-1.

Jack and Daniel also got more of a goodbye when he ascended than when Jack left. Were a couple of extra cabin scenes too much to ask for?
      Completely agree!
      Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      The funniest part about the frat regs.....they apply to civilian AND military. Civilian contractors have to follow them too, the biggest difference is if you're military you get court-martialed, if you're civilian you likely just get fired.

That's what always made me shake my head when the frat regs were dragged out as to why Jack/Sam were bad.....well Jack/Daniel was just as bad and just as against the regs.

As it pertains to the regs, BOTH relationships were 'illegal'.
      Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      ... and so was Daniel / Vala
      I hadn't thought of that
      Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
      Hi guys,

I've just put together a mini site AT7 Blog for my friend (murrinholi) and I to record the events of AT7 for her younger brother. He is Autistic and we hope to bring him along to AT8. He thinks a lot of Amanda and wants to be kept informed of everything that is going on.

I've added a photo page, which has my photobucket album on it, so I can share my photos quickly and easily with him. I've also added Memory Book for everyone to add their favourite memories, photos or stories, that way the mini site is then a record of AT7 for everyone to look back at, and not just for him.

We'd really appreciate it if you would join in and leave a story, photo or a memory. I've already share the link in the Gabit thread and, I'm about to share it on twitter and fb.

Anyone who isn't coming is welcome to read the blog and memory book, and look at the photo's.

Thanks Nei and Murrinholi

P.S. I've swapped the usual gif banner for a jpg, this should make it much easier to access via mobile devices. If you click on 'home' you won't be able to get back, it still links back to my main site and the .gif banner will slow you down horrendously.
      Fantastic idea!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

With all this sudden agreement on Sam/Jack being "against the regs", are people more, or less annoyed with fact it never happened "on screen", EXCEPT in AU eps?
        (forgetting the 3rd movie "promise" of closure for shippers)??
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

The obsession with 'the regs' is....read them. They're written deliberately vague. They're written to allow commanding officers the leeway to look the other way, or the power to smack offenders down. They're written to give CO's the leeway to deal with each situation as it needs to be dealt with. It's not an absolute.

I personally considered the endless trotting out of 'the regs' as nothing but anti-shipper's clinging to anything they could find to 'win' and justify their preferred relationship. 'see, yours is against the rules, so mine is right so there!!!!!!!'

Just like they clung to 'daniel is civilian, he doesn't have to follow the rules.'....well read them, yes he did. The difference was Jack and Sam could get court-martialed and tossed into Leavenworth, Daniel would have lost his clearance and been fired....and if his transgression was bad enough, turned over to the civilian authorities. he wasn't immune to the rules. But fans took one line and ran with it.

But, ultimately, like anything that's quoted, if you dig and read people have cherry picked out the parts they want to rea, the parts that support their personal point of view and ignore the rest. (Just like those folks that choose a bible verse to justify discriminating against others, yet choose to ignore the quotes that they dont' like and that apply to them personally....such as my religion prohibits me from using birth control so it's not my fault that I've just gotten pregnant for the 5th time....but let's gloss over that whole premarital sex thing - real world scenario, my neighbor's child uses her religion as to why she kept getting pregnant but ignored the whole 'honey, ya ain't married you shouldn't be doing the horizontal mambo in the first place'...selectively quoting the rules to justify doing what you want)

In my opinion, it was nothing but nastiness and mean spiritedness because people let their intolerance reign and guide their actions, and they were quite often, totally blind to just how hypocritical they are. These were people that demanded equal treatment for themselves, as they blatantly discriminated against others.

For me, given the ham fistedness of this group of writers, I didn't trust them to do anything. These boys let their misogyny reign, massacred female characters into caricatures of what real people are, indulged their inner fanfic writer and lived out their adolescent little fantasies through the characters and generally handled things with the grace of a pregnant cow on ice.

About the only justification that would have come from an on screen resolution would have been knowing all those that were so very mean and cruel to other fans over the years finally getting their comeuppance.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

And I thought I was critical of Stargate sometimes
            (ok, glib answer, will think about it more later)
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

i agree with Sky that the regs were just an excuse. They were a front line team that fought aliens. I think that some kind of concession could have easily have been made. Besides, their relationships still broke the regs if you look at how close the team really was.
              sigpic

----------
              FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                With all this sudden agreement on Sam/Jack being "against the regs", are people more, or less annoyed with fact it never happened "on screen", EXCEPT in AU eps?
                I, personally, never thought that the Sam/Jack relationship wasn't against the regs (well, up until Rick left and then all bets were off as we don't really know exactly where his new job fit into the command structure). The fact that Rick left makes me *more* angry that they didn't resolve it. They had the perfect opportunity and didn't take it. Joe Mallozzi tried, but they shot him down. Even the scene in "Trio" was cut. Amanda's commentary on "Trio" is hilarious, she and the director keep dropping *huge* hints that Sam and Jack are together.
                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I agree with Sky, plus I believe TPTB wouldn't have 'allowed' resolution to the Sam/Jack ship even if the regs hadn't prevented it. I believe TPTB enjoyed holding the ship just out of the fans reach on purpose, they knew how passionate the fandom was (both shipper & non-shippers) and wanted to keep that passion/debate/discussion/arguments going. JMHO though.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    this isn't a ship(per) thread, but being the huge shipper that i am, i was and and that the writers kept putting it off and putting it off and putting it off until there was no chance for it to be shown.

sally

sigpic

Comment

About the only justification that would have come from an on screen resolution would have been knowing all those that were so very mean and cruel to other fans over the years finally getting their comeuppance.
                      for me, this was is my happy ending love story. and for as obsessed and in love with this story as i've been through the years, the worse my homelife got, the more i wanted sam and jack to have their happy ending. and i'm still there.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        for me, this was is my happy ending love story. and for as obsessed and in love with this story as i've been through the years, the worse my homelife got, the more i wanted sam and jack to have their happy ending. and i'm still there.
                        I think we all just wanted Sam to be happy both she and Jack deserved it after all the heartbreak (and I don't just mean between them, I mean their whole lives)
                        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I think the closest they got to resolving the 'ship' was the end of S8 with the fishing. They thought it was going to be the end of the show at the time and this may have been their version of 'riding off into the sunset'. Then when the new show started ( ) they had new characters to play with and didn't care since Jack was no longer there IMO of course
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            I think the closest they got to resolving the 'ship' was the end of S8 with the fishing. They thought it was going to be the end of the show at the time and this may have been their version of 'riding off into the sunset'. Then when the new show started ( ) they had new characters to play with and didn't care since Jack was no longer there IMO of course

Yup. I just wish I could have continued enjoying the show. So little Sam in S9. A bit more in S10, but for me the damage had already been done. It was too late.

ETA: I did not expect all Sam all the time. I did expect interaction with teammates.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Yeah. they got to 'efficient' with their multiple units, filming multiple episodes simultaneously that they 'efficiented' the heart and soul out of the show. What made the show good was character interactions. But take those away with multiple units and the actors not seeing each other for days on end and all you were left with was the story...and those weren't really strong enough to stand on their own.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah. they got to 'efficient' with their multiple units, filming multiple episodes simultaneously that they 'efficiented' the heart and soul out of the show. What made the show good was character interactions. But take those away with multiple units and the actors not seeing each other for days on end and all you were left with was the story...and those weren't really strong enough to stand on their own.

<<cough>>

Yes, that's right, too many units filming too many eps. The sharing of sets with Atlantis...

A logistical nightmare that saved money, but did damage in other ways.
                                Last edited by suse; 10 February 2014, 06:28 PM. Reason: fix typo, per MandySG1 ;-)
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X